Star ace Harry Potter - Mad-Eye Moody

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was not planning to get any HP figures, but I just preordered Mad-Eye. Just too cool to pass up. What are the chances they will produce a Bellatrix Lestrange?

I was not planning to get any HP figures, but I just preordered Mad-Eye. Just too cool to pass up. What are the chances they will produce a Bellatrix Lestrange?

Dave said if lesser known characters sell the line will continue. So anyone is possible I guess.

whenever i think about madeye-moody i think of barty crouch. when we first meet madeye are we seeing the real one or do we not see the real one until the end?

I would love to see a Bellatrix figure get made. Helena Bonham Carter is one of my favorite actresses so it would definitely be an instant buy for me.

A successful HP line is long overdue. A few years late, but VERY appreciated in my eyes.

Yeah these are figures I never thought we'd get in 1/6 scale. All hail Star Ace for finally giving them to us.

Now where's Hermione..? The weekly question. Lol

whenever i think about madeye-moody i think of barty crouch. when we first meet madeye are we seeing the real one or do we not see the real one until the end?

The first Made-Eye in the films is Barty. We don't see the real Mad-Eye until he's discovered - in the bottom of the chest. We then see the real Mad-Eye in the subsequent film, until he's killed.

He's one of my fav' characters, but I too would love to see a Bellatrix. Hagrid will be bloody HUGE and if they ever bring out Grawp, I'll need to extend the house. . . upwards. :lol

Bellatrix would be a pass for me. I can't stand Helena Bonham Carter.

:nana:

But seriously - I don't know when we can talk about it, but there are other licenses coming.

Ha. Well, I'll be buying them all. I hope they keep their prices down as much as possible though. Otherwise they'll bankrupt me.

I hope they stay with more "forgotten" or obscure licenses instead of trying to compete with HT on the ones they hold.

I agree, but they probably won't do that, will they? Compete? They're great at what they're doing so far. Just need to gain in popularity.

Mind you, I have no idea what line they'll go for. I'd really like to see more very well done classics - like Jimmy Stewart, Marilyn Monroe, Cary Grant. . . But I won't ever likely see them as I'll be in the minority. If they have the HP rights, that means they struck a deal with WB and JK Rowling, so may be other WB films.

I hope they stay with more "forgotten" or obscure licenses instead of trying to compete with HT on the ones they hold.

I'd imagine HT has exclusive deals for 1:6 for Marvel, but it wouldn't really make sense to try and do the same things. But there are a lot of licenses out there that people have been asking for and HT won't touch.

I think it's fantastic that this new-ish (obviously X-Plus) manufacturer is taking on some of these. The quality is brilliant, and getting better with each figure, and so far they're not being greedy - keeping prices reasonable and quantities down. I have a lot of HT figures and they're amazing, but I think they are over-priced. Star Ace are set to do very well and there's no reason why they can't be as big and as successful HT/Enterbay/Sideshow etc.

I am so damned excited to get Mad-Eye.

I'd imagine HT has exclusive deals for 1:6 for Marvel, but it wouldn't really make sense to try and do the same things. But there are a lot of licenses out there that people have been asking for and HT won't touch.

Well, I know before Enterbay receded back into the NBA figures they tried to compete with HT on the same licenses and I noticed recently Dragon Ltd. has the Marvel license too when they used to do strictly WWII soldiers and astronauts years ago (how I got into 1/6). Can't imagine a lot of people are buying those versions :lol Good to hear Star Ace has a different business plan.

I am so damned excited to get Mad-Eye.

I think the figure id be most excited for would be DH Neville with the sweater and sword. Hope he's made.

Last edited:
I think the figure id be most excited for would be DH Neville with the sweater and sword. Hope he's made.

It's good for Star Ace that we all have different favs. I always said that Mad-Eye was mine, so I'm pleased he's one of the early ones. A lot of people I've shown these to really want to see the Sirius. To be honest, I want all of them at all levels. let's hope they do well enough to continue.

I agree, but they probably won't do that, will they? Compete? They're great at what they're doing so far. Just need to gain in popularity.

Mind you, I have no idea what line they'll go for. I'd really like to see more very well done classics - like Jimmy Stewart, Marilyn Monroe, Cary Grant. . . But I won't ever likely see them as I'll be in the minority. If they have the HP rights, that means they struck a deal with WB and JK Rowling, so may be other WB films.

Wait... don't WB own Casablanca? :pray:

Back