Star Ace Harry Potter - Hagrid - DELUXE version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you know Anx10us the Uk is the worst for these things :-(

Which is why I now wait until the prices drop. Even though I bought the two casual versions from you at good prices, I see that they're already £5 lower each. Oh, and I wasn't saying anything about you directly. Your prices are generally reasonable, and I've told you that.

I just bought Triwizard at a good price, so it's still possible.

On the plus side, I just bought my mother the OOTP Sirius (new), for a third less than I paid originally.

I won't show her this Hagrid though :lol

Last edited:
Which is why I now wait until the prices drop. Even though I bought the two casual versions from you at good prices, I see that they're already £5 lower each. Oh, and I wasn't saying anything about you directly. Your prices are generally reasonable, and I've told you that.

I just bought Triwizard at a good price, so it's still possible.

On the plus side, I just bought my mother the OOTP Sirius (new), for a third less than I paid originally.

I won't show her this Hagrid though :lol

I really do not blame you, the Hobby is in a bit of a state at the moment, the weak £ is not helping with the importing. I know you was not saying anything direct :)

They have just gone back to £84.99 now, definitely do not show her Hagrid!.

So out of interest what are people going to go for, Deluxe or Standard?

I will be going for the deluxe version, but not until nearer the time (so I know where I will be on the planet, always a task!).
Hedwig in the cage will be great for year 1 Harry, and you can't have Hagrid without Fang. Considering he is already quite pricy, I feel why not go the whole way with it?

Personally I am hoping for the rooted beard to make a comeback, even though I know it's unlikely.

What, no Buckbeak accessory? JK - this looks awesome. And huge.

For $388 adding Buckbeak seems reasonable :lol

I'm really floored by the price... figure looks great, I like the sculpted bead with rooted hair and some great accessories. But I just don't see $388 here; and likely a bit over $400 with shipping. I may still get a few figures from the series, but no way I'd drop $400 on Hagrid.

It's an all new body that won't be used for any other character, so if you're looking for a reason for the price - you could use that.

It's an all new body that won't be used for any other character, so if you're looking for a reason for the price - you could use that.

Is it made outta gold too? That would be a better reason :lol

Hopefully the price will be more reasonable when launched? At least that's what I'm hoping for :pray:

This is more than the Hot Toys Hulk. And that's a problem. These should not be at Hot Toys pricing..

Are you talking AoU Hulk? If so, that body was made years ago..... of course a second run is going to be cheaper.

I have no problems with the regular price. Good deal to me. I just don't understand how Fang and Hedwig are $50.

Are you talking AoU Hulk? If so, that body was made years ago..... of course a second run is going to be cheaper.

I have no problems with the regular price. Good deal to me. I just don't understand how Fang and Hedwig are $50.

Yeah, deluxe Hulk though. With the extra upper body. $375.

:lol :lol

Hagrid's important enough to me to spend that much, but I sure as hell am going to look for a better bargain before buying.

Agreed. I definitely want him. No Potter collection would be complete without. But I'll be biding my time too, waiting for a reasonable price.

Maybe we shouldn't press too hard for a rooted beard, they'll then want $600 :lol

From their Facebook page, this paint app looks GREAT

12747465_819744888152248_1709196016637338031_o.jpg

Is this another Star Ace trick where the final product will be nowhere near this proto version? Or have they lifted their game?

Last edited:

Yeah, I can see where the new body hands and other bits would drive the cost... but I think it's just hard to see a $400 here. I assume it will end up being a smaller run too. I'd love to own Hagrid, but not that much :lol

Charging Hot Toys quality money for a company's product that hasn't hit Hot Toys quality that often is hard. Plus there is no reason to PO figure anymore, since the days of them selling out before hand are behind us. I'm playing wait and see.

Back