Star Ace Harry Potter - Hagrid - DELUXE version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know what the cheapest place to get the deluxe version is?

Hagrid arrived this morning... and I think Star Ace did a fine job with him. He still cost more than I would have wanted to pay, but since Hagrid is such an integral part of the series, he had to be purchased. I'm going to mess around with his hair a little more, but it's not the gloom and doom that's been predicted. The mix of sculpt & root seems to have worked well in Hagrid's case. Here are some photos, you be the judge...

View attachment 273758

Very nice pics!! :clap :clap Good to see that the hair turned out OK too, I'm glad I ordered him now! :)

gotta say im just not feeling these mixed beards and head hair combos. he looks amazing. if i get around to buying him im sanding off that beard and rooting it :)

Anyone know what the cheapest place to get the deluxe version is?

Probably anywhere that still has him available. He seems to be drying up REAL quick! I'm guessing pre-orders weren't huge so once he turned out so well and people wanted to order him, remaining supplies are drying up fast! I wouldn't hesitate on ordering this guy as I think he's going to be highly sought after pretty soon here.

I just ordered mine off ebay for $370 shipped. Not bad considering shipping would probably be a good $20 at least.

This is a way-high price (he is pretty huge though,) but it came out very nice. Both Hagrid and Dumbledore look decent with the sculpted/actual hair - it's not bad but not great either. I think it will look nice in general display - not so much in the close-ups.

Anyone on the fence for th Deluxe may want to act now; Waitlisted at SSC, sold out at Alter Ego Comics, and only 5 left at BBTS as of this morning.

Yeah, I think his "high price" is about to get higher pretty soon!

I mean he's nearly Hulk size and Hulk was around $300 originally. I think the non-deluxe Ultron Hulk was only around $250 though. But he only had a pair of pants and fists. Hagrid has a full costume with over coat and some decent accessories, even in the regular release. Sure its still a lot of money, but its not completely unjustified. For me, he' too important of a character to the series to miss out on. And the only real variant I can see them doing would be like a Prisoner of Azkaban teaching version in his tan shirt and vest. I think NECA's Hagrid was that outfit. But the full overcoat look is iconic Hagrid to me and unless they do a soot covered, goggled motorcycle rider version I don't see them legitimately being able to double dip on this outfit without just going a 2.0 route.

Just got mine today. I think he looks really good. I'm happy i got him. The only things are I thought he was supposed to come with 3 right hands and 2 left hands. Mine has 1 left hand and 4 right. The only left hand i got is the open hand. I wanted to have him with the wand in his right hand and the lamp in his left but i can't do that because the open hand does not hold the lamp. I also thought it was supposed to come with a figure stand. All the marketing material says it is. The sideshow site and the star ace sight both list this as coming with a figure stand. I didn't get a stand. It's not a big deal because he seems to stand well on his own but it would be nice if they gave us what they said they would.
Did they just mess mine up or did other people get the same thing?

I believe that's correct. Michael Crawford mentioned there's only one left hand. He didn't receive a stand either.

Kind of annoying since they clearly say on every website selling this and the star ace site itself that it comes with 2 left and 3 right hands and a stand. Still love the figure but they shouldn't advertise things they aren't giving us.

Yeah that was a bit of false advertising. Still, there's a reason that these companies add those "subject to change" disclaimers.

None of the stuff they left out is a deal breaker for me but I'm pretty sure the "Subject to change" disclaimer would not cover them not including things they say are included like the stand. That disclaimer is to cover them if the head sculpt doesn't look exactly like the prototype or if the color of the pants is slightly off from the prototype, things like that.

None of the stuff they left out is a deal breaker for me but I'm pretty sure the "Subject to change" disclaimer would not cover them not including things they say are included like the stand. That disclaimer is to cover them if the head sculpt doesn't look exactly like the prototype or if the color of the pants is slightly off from the prototype, things like that.

**PROTOTYPE SHOWN, FINAL PRODUCT MAY BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT
**PRODUCT DETAILS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE

There you have it. They've got themselves covered on this one.

Finally arrived and I already loving it ! It is huge and made with outstanding quality.
Some pictures :
58b78fc089395cbe6849199eadf89e88.jpg
5866eb12792d186399401639662956a5.jpg
a808edb64f17bb5793b17758db105c67.jpg
1a051d9f39e540f54a29945b18410f1e.jpg
cd652a40bc4bfea90c3ac396dff787ee.jpg

....and finally my HP setup as of july'16...
45d38831135bf5066376e5c694c42d46.jpg

Back