Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I think everyone would benefit from an updated tbleague body for a rocky/rambo.
It can be used for many other figures of the same build.
At the moment the closest thing is a m30 or m33 but the m30 is too short and needs ankle extenders and the m33 is pretty close but a bit too big depending on the headsculpt you use.
The jiaou body is the closest ive found in physique .

A dedicated body for the character, like iconiq studios are doing in conjunction with tbleague for their ryu and ali figures is the way to go.
If they go with a new kaustic body to save money then they are short sighted.
Ok for a clothed figure, but for the boxing versions it will not work.
Tbleague are the best bodies out there despite some cracking problems.I've had mine for years and they are all pretty good despite a few minor stress marks.
--

Everything directly involving Nick/Sly Stallone Shop is short sighted.

I'm not sure why people like those TBLeague bodies. They look awful, imo.
Fair enough, they are not perfect especially the puffy wrists or ankles but they look good used imo with or without clothes.
Jiaou body on the right, three zero left.

Attachments

• 20220215_180743.jpg
    20220215_180743.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 92
I'm not sure why people like those TBLeague bodies. They look awful, imo.
--

The advent of the seamless bodies stemmed from a desire/want from collectors of 1:6 female figures to better blend the divide between form and function.

Once the design and production design/quality stabilized, the advent of male muscular bodies was the obvious next step.

Personally speaking, seamless bodies are ideally suited for figures where skin is meant to be shown, but I don't see the logic/rationale some have for needing/wanting to use a seamless body for figures that are fully or mostly clothed. Of course, it's their $ as the argument goes (even for supporting mediocre offerings).

Fair enough, they are not perfect especially the puffy wrists or ankles but they look good used imo with or without clothes.
Jiaou body on the right, three zero left.
--

TBLeague (Phicen) is still the default or in layman's term "the Cadillac" of 1:6 seamless bodies within the 1:6 hobby as well as the Asian hobby market.

Jiaoudoll wants to compete with TBLeague, but they cannot because of their prior litigation impacting their business within Asia as well as very inconsistent marketing, production, and sales practices. Jiaoudoll's major fault is their dismal production quality.

TBLeague (Phicen) too experienced a long learning curve with their production design and quality until "they finally got it".

--

The advent of the seamless bodies stemmed from a desire/want from collectors of 1:6 female figures to better blend the divide between form and function.

Once the design and production design/quality stabilized, the advent of male muscular bodies was the obvious next step.

Personally speaking, seamless bodies are ideally suited for figures where skin is meant to be shown, but I don't see the logic/rationale some have for needing/wanting to use a seamless body for figures that are fully or mostly clothed. Of course, it's their $ as the argument goes (even for supporting mediocre offerings).
Not a fan of how they handle male figures. The pecs are hilariously round and puffy (even when paired with an Arnold headsculpt) and the shoulders look unnaturally stretched when the arms are posed at the body's sides.

Joints may break the flow of the sculpt, but the general proportions and silhouettes of jointed bodies are more lifelike than what I've seen from Phicen.

Not a fan of how they handle male figures. The pecs are hilariously round and puffy (even when paired with an Arnold headsculpt) and the shoulders look unnaturally stretched when the arms are posed at the body's sides.

Joints may break the flow of the sculpt, but the general proportions and silhouettes of jointed bodies are more lifelike than what I've seen from Phicen.
--

Seamless bodies will never replace jointed bodies, but some disagree.

Seamless bodies are simply another tool in the 1:6 toolbox for collectors that'll be used depending on the fix/job at hand.

Seamless bodies aren’t diverse enough yet too. I personally prefer jointed bodies only because they’re often tooled to look more accurate
--

I agree.

The "standard" have been set primarily by TBLeague and there is not enough "diversity" in terms of form/physique as well as skin tones. This applies for both female and male bodies.

While ethnic skin tones (along with head sculpts) are a different subject matter, "diversity" is always a challenge within the 1:6 hobby right, wrong, and indifferent.

Drumroll..................... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

View attachment 562838

View attachment 562839

EDIT: This is old stuff but very significant the way things have been. In fact I've been reminded of @DeltaForceChung theory about 1/6 brands bowing to the glare of fame and popularity...

View attachment 562840
--

I'd buy a case and call a favor to an elderly and respected Creole grandmother I know who is a practitioner of "the old ways" and ask to cast a certain incantation on the case so I can douse the case with gasoline and light it on fire.

That's all. It's nothing more than an expression of absolute contempt.

--

I'd buy a case and call a favor to an elderly and respected Creole grandmother I know who is a practitioner of "the old ways" and ask to cast a certain incantation on the case so I can douse the case with gasoline and light it on fire.

That's all. It's nothing more than an expression of absolute contempt.

I will donate to this cause.

I wonder what an "Ultimate" Rocky 4 means? Two figures, maybe just one with multiple outfits? Is it the in ring version or the bearded Rocky with the coat and training outfit?

Just so you know, speculation is fun but Nick already revealed that the Rocky figures are street clothes and training sweatsuit.

So basically a re-issue of the previous KP figures (before they officially teamed up with Stallone)?

If so, I wonder if there will be any improvements - hoping to avoid double-dipping (since I already own the original KP figures).

But the recommended stock bodies I got for those figures were sub-par so those could use an upgrade.

Last edited:
So basically a re-issue of the previous KP figures (before they officially teamed up with Stallone)?

If so, I wonder if there will be any improvements - hoping to avoid double-dipping (since I already own the original KP figures).

But the recommended stock bodies I got for those figures were sub-par so those could use an upgrade.
Those KP figure look pretty good. Probably what gave Sly the idea to make his own figures.

Z83BGKz.jpg

Back