Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought the dog tag issue was addressed on FB and it was said they aren’t the final product
Then there is a dual and confusing speech about the figure. If the photo leaked by the agent of the supposed final figure looks bad, then the answer is that the figure will be the same as the prototype photos. However, if the dog tags look bad in the prototype photos, then they are not the final product. Win-win.

Last edited:
Guess hes showing it to dario and fabio to get their blessing.
Things might get messy lol
--

Unlikely.

One gets the impression it's about KP "showing" it to Nick to get his approval/blessing.

Still waiting on Dean Knight's review (however suspect) from KP unless Nick nixed that so he can have a video dedicated to his awesome buffoonery.

Then there is a dual and confusing speech about the figure. If the photo leaked by the agent of the supposed final figure looks bad, then the answer is that the figure will be the same as the prototype photos. However, if the dog tags look bad in the prototype photos, then they are not the final product. Win-win.
--

JACK DANIELS.jpg

I think twenty years ago this figure would of blown people socks off. However I dont think even ten years ago this would be anything other then average looking.
--

20 years ago? Definitely.

Today? No. A perfect example of overpriced mediocrity being hyped.

20 years ago... yes.

10 years ago... this figure would have been a very average figure.

TODAY... it's a dated 10 year old-looking figure overall.
--

Indeed, but then again those who are willing to pay for/reward mediocrity will get "butt hurt" if you call them out.

It will be good to get one more gander at this thing. Hopefully it is the production piece and not the proto.
--

The supposed/suspect review by Dean Knight/KP is still outstanding as far as I know.

guys the figure is this .. you can only get worse since this is the proto and when there is mass production it will also affect the paint
--

A train wreck many of us know is happening and have no control/influence to prevent it.

--

Unlikely.

One gets the impression it's about KP "showing" it to Nick to get his approval/blessing.

Still waiting on Dean Knight's review (however suspect) from KP unless Nick nixed that so he can have a video dedicated to his awesome buffoonery.
You're probably right and think all of these events have happened long before the figure was publically announced.
The deal was done samples shown, the year wait is just to see how many they need to produce.
All of these little bits of news are just trickling out to keep up interest.
Think the review is coming soon just after the price increase.
But then again maybe not as it could hurt sales if it is as bad as it looks.
Don't think nick will review it as sly called it a doll, the worst thing to do.
Dean at least will get the best out of what hes given.

You're probably right and think all of these events have happened long before the figure was publically announced.
The deal was done samples shown, the year wait is just to see how many they need to produce.
All of these little bits of news are just trickling out to keep up interest.
Think the review is coming soon just after the price increase.
But then again maybe not as it could hurt sales if it is as bad as it looks.
Don't think nick will review it as sly called it a doll, the worst thing to do.
Dean at least will get the best out of what hes given.
--

Considering the amount of time passed so far, I have doubts about the video let alone the integrity/transparency of the review.

Nothing personal or professional against Dean, but the circumstances are obvious.

I criticize the final production and design of various products (i.e., If it sucks, then it sucks. If it doesn't suck, then it doesn't suck), but then again not everyone is blunt due to bias/preferences. This is a perspective that is truly lacking from many so called professional reviews because it's about obtaining a following/influence to stroke the ego and when a brand gets involved in the review process . . . well you figure it out.

If DK have real and valid criticisms of the figure he's reviewing, does anyone truly believe Sly Stallone's Shop/Nick will allow it to be aired/posted? Think about it.

--

Considering the amount of time passed so far, I have doubts about the video let alone the integrity/transparency of the review.

Nothing personal or professional against Dean, but the circumstances are obvious.

I criticize the final production and design of various products (i.e., If it sucks, then it sucks. If it doesn't suck, then it doesn't suck), but then again not everyone is blunt due to bias/preferences. This is a perspective that is truly lacking from many so called professional reviews because it's about obtaining a following/influence to stroke the ego and when a brand gets involved in the review process . . . well you figure it out.

If DK have real and valid criticisms of the figure he's reviewing, does anyone truly believe Sly Stallone's Shop/Nick will allow it to be aired/posted? Think about it.
I think the damage is done, they are damned if they do or do not show.
If its an early production sample whats the point in showing if it looks bad?
No matter what is said the pictures speak for themselves.

I think the damage is done, they are damned if they do or do not show.
If its an early production sample whats the point in showing if it looks bad?
No matter what is said the pictures speak for themselves.
--

Indeed.

Every exact decision made from announcements, building interest, outreach to the 1:6 hobby community, practical/real business sense, etc. was deliberately mishandled in such a way that all 1:6 brand/manufacturers wouldn't bother to do what Nick/Sly Stallone Shop did.

Moreover, the part that bothers me is how KP and the crew got sucked into this madness on the pretense of supposedly working with one of their celebrity idols for a legitimate and widely known license. It's now turning into a mess where their credibility and integrity is pretty much irreparably damaged. Those guys could have/should have known better and walked away, but no. They got sucked and suckered into it because of the lure of promised/supposed credibility and recognition. At what cost?

Last edited:
Those guys could have/should have known better and walked away, but no. They got sucked and suckered into it because of the lure of promised/supposed credibility and recognition. At what cost?
I think kp will be fine if they are going to do at least 4 rocky figures with them.
I have no problem with kp "selling out" , as long as the product is good. Some people are saying any negative comments are more about jealousy of success. I say that is rubbish.
If they are now officially working with stallone shop and are going to make figures from films I and others love why the hell would we wanna sabotage that?
Its all about the end product.

I have had only one of this companies products which I have to say for the most part was good.
The braveheart figure.
Was it perfect? No but was very good for a third party company.

Other products they've released look ok but nothing I wanted badly enough to buy.
I passed on the 2 rockys for several reasons even though overall they looked pretty good.
This IS a product from a franchise I want the most but looks sub par.
It makes every other figure they've done look superior.Have I seen worse? Yes and probably own a few, but not for the price they are asking.
If that is just being jealous than so be it.
Either do it right or not at all.
" you do so so .... then squish " to paraphrase mr miyagi

Attachments

• 20220215_002418.jpg
    20220215_002418.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 58
I don't like names on stands either, but Nick could not have picked a more pompous reason for its omission.

I think kp will be fine if they are going to do at least 4 rocky figures with them.
I have no problem with kp "selling out" , as long as the product is good. Some people are saying any negative comments are more about jealousy of success. I say that is rubbish.
If they are now officially working with stallone shop and are going to make figures from films I and others love why the hell would we wanna sabotage that?
Its all about the end product.

I have had only one of this companies products which I have to say for the most part was good.
The braveheart figure.
Was it perfect? No but was very good for a third party company.

Other products they've released look ok but nothing I wanted badly enough to buy.
I passed on the 2 rockys for several reasons even though overall they looked pretty good.
This IS a product from a franchise I want the most but looks sub par.
It makes every other figure they've done look superior.Have I seen worse? Yes and probably own a few, but not for the price they are asking.
If that is just being jealous than so be it.
Either do it right or not at all.
" you do so so .... then squish " to paraphrase mr miyagi

Wow, 4 Stallone figures.

We know Rocky 4 is one and training Rocky is an obvious choice. The hat and leather jacket version from the first film is iconic, but unless the jacket is made with actual leather, not worth getting.

Tiger Jacket could be a good alternative. Then there's the in-ring versions. Maybe a battle-damaged version from the first film?

Top choices, imo

R3 poster with belt

ueqwxm7.jpg
Y1lSrvt.jpg

Rocky 3/4 USA

mAtKB3x.jpg

Rocky 1 Leather
uUkb4G8.jpg

R1 training
iemlVq6.jpg

R1 Battle damaged :lol

8POt1OR.jpg

Rocky 2 Tiger jacket

eZJ6lpv.jpg

Rocky 3 Golden Stallion

JLBhNQ9.jpg
qYwwy0u.jpg

All good looks but this will be the exclusive edition with swap out jacket and nick on motorbike
If they do seamless bodies they better go with tbleague, if they go the threezero/asmus route with the flesh sleeves it will be a fail.

Attachments

• 20220215_114720.jpg
    20220215_114720.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 27
All good looks but this will be the exclusive edition with swap out jacket and nick on motorbike
If they do seamless bodies they better go with tbleague, if they go the threezero/asmus route with the flesh sleeves it will be a fail.
--

"IF" TBLeague, it depends on the $. TBLeague's owner from what I recollect is a shrewd businessman.

I wouldn't put it past Nick to attempt TBLeague give them the rights to use their body design for free/at cost because of how TBLeague will benefit from his association as well as Stallone's.

Considering the number of idiot decisions made thus far, I wouldn't be surprised if KP went with their own body design in the end in terms of saving $, but still overpriced to end collectors/consumers.

--

"IF" TBLeague, it depends on the $. TBLeague's owner from what I recollect is a shrewd businessman.

I wouldn't put it past Nick to attempt TBLeague give them the rights to use their body design for free/at cost because of how TBLeague will benefit from his association as well as Stallone's.

Considering the number of idiot decisions made thus far, I wouldn't be surprised if KP went with their own body design in the end in terms of saving $, but still overpriced to end collectors/consumers.
Well I think everyone would benefit from an updated tbleague body for a rocky/rambo.
It can be used for many other figures of the same build.
At the moment the closest thing is a m30 or m33 but the m30 is too short and needs ankle extenders and the m33 is pretty close but a bit too big depending on the headsculpt you use.
The jiaou body is the closest ive found in physique .

A dedicated body for the character, like iconiq studios are doing in conjunction with tbleague for their ryu and ali figures is the way to go.
If they go with a new kaustic body to save money then they are short sighted.
Ok for a clothed figure, but for the boxing versions it will not work.
Tbleague are the best bodies out there despite some cracking problems.I've had mine for years and they are all pretty good despite a few minor stress marks.

Back