Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rambo discovering that the agent has announced a new figure in this thread:

rafhk.jpg

THE ATTITUDE

--

The challenge with a license like DEATH RACE 2000 is it's not just about the figures, but the vehicles.

We all know 1:6 vehicles are "costly" and no matter how many collectors will post/say "I'll buy it if they make it." the fact and truth is they will not being the hypocrite they are because once they see the price tag they all develop a case of amnesia and their wallets pucker up.

The remake of DEATH RACE 2000 as DEATH RACE staring Jason Statham resulted in a 1:6 figure of him as "Frankenstein" along with a pricey 1:6 vehicle, but the price was hefty not to mention the logistics of shipping. From what I recollect, not many were produced.
The veichles are not something I would want necessarily in 1/6. I dont have the space or money.
The figures on their own would be enough. Making history would be a figure or license thats not been done in 1/6 before.
Obviously rocky and rambo are gunna be the ones that will sell the most

The veichles are not something I would want necessarily in 1/6. I dont have the space or money.
The figures on their own would be enough. Making history would be a figure or license thats not been done in 1/6 before.
Obviously rocky and rambo are gunna be the ones that will sell the most
--

True that, but IMHO Death Race 2000 is as much about the vehicles (however cheesy and hokey) as the characters in being considered for the 1:6 treatment.

Hey guys !!!!!
Great news you can pay in 4 easy interest free installments with "sezzle"
If you miss a payment its only a 10 percent fee each month.
Dont worry sly gets paid upfront by sizzle chest.
Grab one now while you can as the preorder price will jump from 260 to 290 dollars in 2 weeks.
Also if you are not in the u.s of a then customs and duties are your responsibility.
This is so tempting.

Attachments

• 20220207_234514.jpg
    20220207_234514.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 35
  • 20220208_190956.jpg
    20220208_190956.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220208_191958.jpg
    20220208_191958.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 35
Never heard of sezzle. It would most likely take a credit approval to do. Not really something I would do. $290 plus shipping and tax in two weeks? They must be smoking crack.

Why Sly’s studio hasn’t done a Rambo First blood II version yet is beyond me :rolleyes:

this is the Rambo I want the studio to make
I really hope Threezero comes full circle and does the First Blood 2 Rambo (my favorite). Should be easy to do as he’s very similar to Rambo 3.

Never heard of sezzle. It would most likely take a credit approval to do. Not really something I would do. $290 plus shipping and tax in two weeks? They must be smoking crack.

I really hope Threezero comes full circle and does the First Blood 2 Rambo (my favorite). Should be easy to do as he’s very similar to Rambo 3.
You’d think Threezero should’ve done that before Rambo 3..oh well I lIke the sly studio sculpt accuracy on the First Blood version…so that’s why hope Part 2 is next

Hey guys !!!!!
Grab one now while you can as the preorder price will jump from 260 to 290 dollars in 2 weeks.
Also if you are not in the u.s of a then customs and duties are your responsibility.
This is so tempting.

Good to know that the preorder window is not the end of all orders.

Why bother with another third-party credit extended payment service?

You're either going to order it and pay up front.

OR

You're going to wait and pay more later.

Either way, the risk of getting screwed over missing out and overpaying exists.

There is no win.

Then again, makes me question how and why Sideshow themselves didn't bother cutting a deal with Sly Stallone.

OH, WAIT . . . never mind.

It probably got "Nick-ed".

For what it's worth and for those who are considering a purchase, I've seen "Sezzle" quite a bit as of late - lots of sites are using it for all kinds of products (where I purchase my protein, some video game retailers, etc) so I have a feeling the service itself is legit. Whether they charge a fee to split payments OR they just punish you for late payments is another issue, but I can speak to the (seeming) widespread validity.

Last edited:
Hey guys !!!!!
This is so tempting.
More and more tempting, yeah. And the truth is I would have felt exactly the same if they'd said that the price would drop $30 after preorders. The agent has managed to get me out of this line of figures.

OR

Now that I know the price will go up even more I'm not going to buy just one of each, but TWO, and then sell them to desperate collectors and/or Sly fans for even more money, and with MONEY I mean MONEY, a truly embarrassing and disgusting amount of money, and with that money I will buy FOUR of each of the 'coming-after-Cobra' Rocky figures to do the same and so continuously while on my Instagram I post photos drinking exotic cocktails in pools of trendy gyms with companies of dubious reputation that hold my figures in their boxes.

If the final product turns out to be truly great, an extra $30 for the security wouldn't hurt. Better to wait than go all-in now without knowing what you're getting.

But that's a big if.

Yeah please, THREEZERO have to do this figure.

For what it's worth and for those who are considering a purchase, I've seen "Sezzle" quite a bit as of late - lots of sites are using it for all kinds of products (where I purchase my protein, some video game retailers, etc) so I have a feeling the service itself is legit. Whether they charge a fee to split payments OR the just punish you for late payments is another issue, but I can speak to the (seeming) widespread validity.
--

IIRC, PayPal Credit offers three to six months interest free financing for transaction amounts $99.00 USD and up.

Not necessarily the same as Sezzle and I don't recollect off hand if the Sly Stallone Shop accepts PayPal.

The issue is not so much as "solutioning", but the complete lack of proper planning of the product rollout bearing Stallone's branding.

It's like Stallone doesn't care (and perhaps why should he) because it's all about the $ and also Nick's buffoonery. In light of the preceding, there are those who still "want" whatever is ultimately offered (with no guarantee or reassurance of final production design and quality) with all the obvious caveats among 1:6 collectors and not the masses who have no clue/idea about 1:6 figures/the 1:6 hobby.

It's having a front row seat to a disaster that is going to happen, but instead of choosing to avoid it there are some who are willing to risk it.

Fine. If risked and it tanks, do those participating expect sympathy or the cursory "I told you so."?

If it doesn't tank, then do they have the justified right to brag "See? I was right!" where everyone else go "I could have. I should have. I ought to have."

More and more tempting, yeah. And the truth is I would have felt exactly the same if they'd said that the price would drop $30 after preorders. The agent has managed to get me out of this line of figures.

OR

Now that I know the price will go up even more I'm not going to buy just one of each, but TWO, and then sell them to desperate collectors and/or Sly fans for even more money, and with MONEY I mean MONEY, a truly embarrassing and disgusting amount of money, and with that money I will buy FOUR of each of the 'coming-after-Cobra' Rocky figures to do the same and so continuously while on my Instagram I post photos drinking exotic cocktails in pools of trendy gyms with companies of dubious reputation that hold my figures in their boxes.
--

In other words, "price scalping".

You know. Like those who somehow managed to get the Soosoo Toys Gambit figure for resale or got a spare and reaping the rewards from those who didn't and desperately want to overpay for it.

--

IIRC, PayPal Credit offers three to six months interest free financing for transaction amounts $99.00 USD and up.

Not necessarily the same as Sezzle and I don't recollect off hand if the Sly Stallone Shop accepts PayPal.

The issue is not so much as "solutioning", but the complete lack of proper planning of the product rollout bearing Stallone's branding.

It's like Stallone doesn't care (and perhaps why should he) because it's all about the $ and also Nick's buffoonery. In light of the preceding, there are those who still "want" whatever is ultimately offered (with no guarantee or reassurance of final production design and quality) with all the obvious caveats among 1:6 collectors and not the masses who have no clue/idea about 1:6 figures/the 1:6 hobby.

It's having a front row seat to a disaster that is going to happen, but instead of choosing to avoid it there are some who are willing to risk it.

Fine. If risked and it tanks, do those participating expect sympathy or the cursory "I told you so."?

If it doesn't tank, then do they have the justified right to brag "See? I was right!" where everyone else go "I could have. I should have. I ought to have."
I really don't know what's going to happen but, if I add the agent's whole show to the impossibility of buying these figures in the usual stores, I really think they've stopped interest me. I hope that those who buy them get a good product, but either way the FB figure shouldn't cost $290 by any means.

--

In other words, "price scalping".

You know. Like those who somehow managed to get the Soosoo Toys Gambit figure for resale or got a spare and reaping the rewards from those who didn't and desperately want to overpay for it.
Exactly. I've never done it and I hope I never will, but it seems to be part of any kind of collecting.

I really don't know what's going to happen but, if I add the agent's whole show to the impossibility of buying these figures in the usual stores, I really think they've stopped interest me. I hope that those who buy them get a good product, but either way the FB figure shouldn't cost $290 by any means.

Same - though I will use the outcome of this & the product's quality to determine if Marion is worth a purchase ;)

Back