Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The announcement of the FB figure has reached Toyark. I was surprised that the project has a new director over the agent:

20220208_223101.jpg

I'm 100% out based on this latest round of Nicking us over...

...or I'll wait for the price increase in 5 weeks.
I was out from the start. Tried to get aboard the hype train but slick nick just kept pouring more grease on the handrail.
They are taking payment through paypal.

The fact they are offering installment payments means they are listining and trying to offer solutions.
If so Id say they should just be up front and honest.
Maybe they thought what was produced was "da bomb" and need some help getting a better product.
This whole 2 years in the making I dont know maybe they need another few to get it right.
If its as good as they say show it properly. If it is a wip fair enough.
Saying its "perfection" either means he thinks that looks as good as it can be, which is worrying or hes full of it.

Why bother with another third-party credit extended payment service?

You're either going to order it and pay up front.

OR

You're going to wait and pay more later.

Either way, the risk of getting screwed over missing out and overpaying exists.

There is no win.

Then again, makes me question how and why Sideshow themselves didn't bother cutting a deal with Sly Stallone.

OH, WAIT . . . never mind.

It probably got "Nick-ed".
Sideshow sucks tho.

Has any other company ever offered an early bird discount on a figure like this? I’ve been collecting for quite a while and can’t think of a single instance where that’s happened. Just not sure the justification for an increase.

At $260 the figure is overpriced but somewhat tempting. $290 seems like a lot though seeing as that’s basically Hot Toys pricing.

At $260 the figure is overpriced but somewhat tempting. $290 seems like a lot though seeing as that’s basically Hot Toys pricing.
--

Bingo.

I suspect Nick himself pitching to Stallone and his business handlers that if "people" are willing to pay close to and beyond $300.00 USD for HT figures, then the same applies to 1:6 figures of Stallone (regardless of them not meeting HT's level of design and manufacturing quality).

The figure I have been pining for is Sly as subway thug #1 in Woody Allen's Bananas.
--

Don't be giving Nick ideas.

He'll make that another "exclusive" (i.e., limited production) run featuring production reject head sculpts with shoddy paint work to mimic the street thuggery look for $300.00 USD and up with a sticker on the box proudly proclaiming the design idea is his.

but then the Rocky training present toys figure has been deleted?
I don't think so, because there have already been similar cases in which a figure seemed to disappear but its production continued in the shadows. Maybe a good option to stay informed about this would be to ask the most well-known Asian stores.

The other option (and this is pure fantasy because this thread asks for it) is The Agent has signed Present's team for his 1/6 Superleague, and then that figure will no longer see the light of day because they will only work for his new supreme being.

Never heard of sezzle. It would most likely take a credit approval to do. Not really something I would do. $290 plus shipping and tax in two weeks? They must be smoking crack.

I really hope Threezero comes full circle and does the First Blood 2 Rambo (my favorite). Should be easy to do as he’s very similar to Rambo 3.
Well, he looks almost exactly the same in Rambo III so there's not much difference. If you replace the black headband with a red one, there ya go. I'm sure Threezero will make that too once the First Blood one is out. Threezero Rambo III figure is a hundred times better than Agent Nick's figure

Well, he looks almost exactly the same in Rambo III so there's not much difference. If you replace the black headband with a red one, there ya go. I'm sure Threezero will make that too once the First Blood one is out. Threezero Rambo III figure is a hundred times better than Agent Nick's figure
But they would need to produce a new body. Rambo's complexion changes a lot from movie to movie, as does the shape of his face, especially between 2 and 3...

But they would need to produce a new body. Rambo's complexion changes a lot from movie to movie, as does the shape of his face, especially between 2 and 3...
--

DISCLAIMER: SARCASM ON

No.

They don't.

You believe Nick would actually consider "collectors" to be attentive to details and differences between the films in terms of appearance/physique when he can insist upon one set design for the head sculpt and body with supposedly acceptable paint applications and consider price increases based on the number of words specifying his "credit" to the figures?

Last edited:
Back