Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I envision the anticipation and excitement of Nick announcing 1:6 figures of Sly based on his other greatest hits such as . . .

OSCAR
OVER THE TOP
LOCK UP
STOP! OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT
Death Race 2000 is a personal favourite of mine, completely bonkers a bit like Wacky Races but for adults, its fun seeing a very young Stallone to.
You can watch it on YouTube if you fancy a bit of a laugh.

Last edited:
Death Race 2000 is a personal favourite of mine, completely bonkers a bit like Wacky Races but for adults, its fun seeing a very young Stallone to.
--

I omitted that one as well because IIRC he doesn't necessarily have "the rights" for the character/portrayal to be used for merchandising because that is owned by either Roger Corman's production company and/or the current IP/license holder (whatever film studio that is).

I recollect reading years ago Corman is either unreceptive to merchandising of properties from films he produced or he just wants too much $ for merchandising.

1644262056996.png

These look almost exactly like the Kaustik ones that released a couple years ago. Would be awesome to see if those get upgraded though.
At first I thought they were the same sculpts, but they seem to have gone for a more furrowed brow ("The Attitude", as Sly would say).

Those are iconic versions of Rocky. I'm not sure which one I would pick. Aside from those, the Rocky 3 poster look and USA trunks are my favorite Rocky versions.
--

IMHO . . .

The iconic versions of Rocky are as follows.

ROCKY
ROCKY IV

As for Rambo, I believe the first four films are equally distinct enough and each worthy of a figure.

Last edited:
I doubt we'll get Sly as Ray Tango from TANGO & CASH because you cannot have one without the other.

As for JUDGE DREDD, we got one not too long ago from VTS? Granted, it wasn't perfect.

now that rocky has been announced .. what to do with kaustic? they will be the same but only improved .. I don't know if I would sell or keep them, what will you do?

now that rocky has been announced .. what to do with kaustic? they will be the same but only improved .. I don't know if I would sell or keep them, what will you do?
--

I say keep them.

No "guarantee" the final production design and quality of the licensed official ones will be better/superior than the original KP versions.

If you believe and feel otherwise, then do as you please.

No different than those being so enamored with 3Z's GI JOE figures (only two so far) that there are those who are already going to ditch the Sideshow figures with zero guarantee 3Z will do all the same figures let alone maintain final production design and quality.

I understand, however, they could have made different designs from 2 figures made a few years ago instead the model will apparently be the same

Sly from Cliffhanger, Judge Dredd, and Demolition Man are good choices.

The upcoming Expendable 4 and Samaritan, which people are saying is going to be good could be good choices too.

Personally, I'm only interested in Rambo and Rocky. Cobra has a great look, but the figure would have to be great for me to consider, when there are other options like Rocky and Rambo.

--

I omitted that one as well because IIRC he doesn't necessarily have "the rights" for the character/portrayal to be used for merchandising because that is owned by either Roger Corman's production company and/or the current IP/license holder (whatever film studio that is).

I recollect reading years ago Corman is either unreceptive to merchandising of properties from films he produced or he just wants too much $ for merchandising.

View attachment 561085
Love that film would love any company to do at least frankenstein and joe.
Have a frankenstein made by a member years ago, bit undersized but great sculpt, will dig it out.
But a shame if no official merchandise will come out I think some would LAP it up.

Love that film would love any company to do at least frankenstein and joe.
Have a frankenstein made by a member years ago, bit undersized but great sculpt, will dig it out.
But a shame if no official merchandise will come out I think some would LAP it up.
--

The challenge with a license like DEATH RACE 2000 is it's not just about the figures, but the vehicles.

We all know 1:6 vehicles are "costly" and no matter how many collectors will post/say "I'll buy it if they make it." the fact and truth is they will not being the hypocrite they are because once they see the price tag they all develop a case of amnesia and their wallets pucker up.

The remake of DEATH RACE 2000 as DEATH RACE staring Jason Statham resulted in a 1:6 figure of him as "Frankenstein" along with a pricey 1:6 vehicle, but the price was hefty not to mention the logistics of shipping. From what I recollect, not many were produced.

Back