Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IT'S A TRAP!.jpg

Come on Sly, I have bought tickets to 3 of every 4 movies you have ever done and I own about the same amount either on vhs, laserdisc, dvd, blu-ray or 4K. Sometimes the same movie in each of those formats. I think you would agree I have been a loyal fan.
And yet you can't offer me a freaking installment payment plan for your Rambo figure? I am surprised and disappointed. And in this surprised state that I am in, my eyebrows are arched higher than yours at the moment.

Come on Sly, I have bought tickets to 3 of every 4 movies you have ever done and I own about the same amount either on vhs, laserdisc, dvd, blu-ray or 4K. Sometimes the same movie in each of those formats. I think you would agree I have been a loyal fan.
And yet you can't offer me a freaking installment payment plan for your Rambo figure? I am surprised and disappointed. And in this surprised state that I am in, my eyebrows are arched higher than yours at the moment.
--

In all seriousness (however the ludicrous direction and tone this thread have taken thus far), in all likelihood Sly is not even involved with the granular business decisions or details of the products being pitched. His business handlers are responsible and God forbid . . . Nick.

Complaining to the man himself is equivalent to ramming one's fist on a brick wall (you figure it out).

It's all about the $ plain and simple.

No one is being coerced/forced to buy/order the figure. It's all being driven by an inner "want" (not a need) to have/own something that holds a meaning to us individually for whatever reasons (i.e., take a look at the EVIL DEAD 2 Ash Williams figure thread).

However, it's being marred primarily by the buffoonery of Nick along with business decisions/practices we disagree with as collectors. This is not even counting the concerns and questions about the figures in terms of final production design and quality.

It's a crap sandwich. You either accept the problems and the undesirable terms or you choose to pass and take a bite later on when others have done so by saying it's truly crap or actually worth it.

you can't offer me a freaking installment payment plan for your Rambo figure?
Right now, the only two installments they've offered to us collectors are: 1) Pay absolutely the entire amount in advance and 2) Find out in a few months if the figure has turned out as well as promised...

What if Dean Knight gives it a negative review? Will he have to hire private security? :lol
--

I don't personally know Dean Knight. I know of him through his posts on Facebook in a number of 1:6 discussion groups.

I'm not questioning his integrity and transparency. Given the likely scrutiny considering the credibility and reputation of the KP crew I hope the review will be fair and objective.

I do believe there very well could be some influence and pressure. Moreover, the major unknown is the figure being reviewed an actual production piece or a hand painted, etc. prototype.

I am not worried about what DK says when/if he does a review--his photos will tell the story--good or bad.
--

Hopefully.

The problem is it's not clear if the reviews will be of the final figure or of hand-painted prototypes...
--

Exactly.

I subscribe to "everybody has a price" school of thought... and that rarely lets me down, especially in this hobby.

So is Dean Knight one of the honest reviewers? I really have no idea.
--

I agree with your perspective.

As for Dean, I honestly don't know. To the best of my knowledge, I never read anything negative about him thus far.

Given the circumstances, the concern and questioning for an honest review is understandable.

When the owner gets involved usually means the company is desperate for sales. Like I mentioned earlier..I think Sly is struggling financially
--

As odd as this sounds, Sylvester Stallone "struggling" financially resulting to pitching what at its most basic is a "toy"?

I don't know.

I believe it's primarily his business handlers.

If it's truly Nick behind it all, then Sly is screwed.

This reminds me of why Chuck Norris refuses to do any kind/type of licensing for toys, etc.

He licensed his name for a really crappy Atari 2600 game many years ago.

He also licensed image and name for the goofy Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos line of action figures and even an animated series (five episodes) along with a comic book series (published by Marvel Comics) that was not successful.

Given the preceding experience is why he refuses to have his brand licensed for toys, etc.

This is why there is no official 1:6 figure of Chuck Norris based on any of his action films.

This reminds me of why Chuck Norris refuses to do any kind/type of licensing for toys, etc.

He licensed his name for a really crappy Atari 2600 game many years ago.

He also licensed image and name for the goofy Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos line of action figures and even an animated series (five episodes) along with a comic book series (published by Marvel Comics) that was not successful.

Given the preceding experience is why he refuses to have his brand licensed for toys, etc.

This is why there is no official 1:6 figure of Chuck Norris based on any of his action films.
I also think the officially licensed Chuck Norris Walnut/Mahogany beard/hair combo color that he did with Just For Men was a poor choice.

Back