SST Star Trek...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to be a while, as I have at least 2 projects to finish before I'll allow myself to get into these.If I don't exercise a bit of discipline on this I'll end up with lots more WIPs that aren't moving, and I already have way too many of those.But one is nearly done,so...I have drawn up 1/6 plans for Kirk's chair, just to be prepared...PS

I seem to have started something here. There are now 3 active Trek threads in the "Custom Creations" section,plus this one. And all because I wanted info on 1/6 Spock sculpts(Boy, did I get info!).I also got 3 great head sculpts, courtesy of Spenser, and leads to uniforms,equipment and set pieces.The power of a single question...PS

That is awesome! I for one can't wait to see what you do here... Especially the chair!

wax murderer:

IF & WHEN the 1:6 Spock and/or Kirk comes to fruition and you decide upon extra castings . . . I'm definitely down for one (or maybe two).

Sculpt long & prosper.

I didn't sculpt Kirk or Spock;I purchased the heads (along with McCoy) from Spenser, a very talented fellow on this forum. I'm just cleaning 'em up, tweaking a bit and painting them.Check in "Custom Creations",or the beginning of this thread for a look at his fine work...PS

I didn't sculpt Kirk or Spock;I purchased the heads (along with McCoy) from Spenser, a very talented fellow on this forum. I'm just cleaning 'em up, tweaking a bit and painting them.Check in "Custom Creations",or the beginning of this thread for a look at his fine work...PS
--

OOPS!

Sorry about that Chief.

Thanksgiving weekend has proven to be very productive around here. Got Leia's head set up in clay and threw a bit of paint, including these guys...
DSCN4199.jpg
DSCN4200.jpg

Off to a good start, with custom bases for all!
DSCN4203.jpg

Kirk has proven interesting, as I had to modify the neck quite a bit to accommodate the neck post of the chosen body.Said body(Soldier's Story)chosen to wear the wrap-tunic from season 2(Doomsday Machine, Tribbles),
DSCN4202.jpg

Bones has been easiest,as he has the best likeness and more contours to hold the shading.
DSCN4204.jpg

Spock has been the trickiest, paint-wise,since he required a very specific base and dry pigmenting(damn his 5 o-clock shadow!)Took me 2 ties to get it right,but I'm nothing if not persistent(my wife uses less flattering terms)...PS

Good news;just found a complete set of Nanjin's Trek figures on Ebay. Bad news;the starting bid is $899! Oh well;I can dream...PS

Bump time. Have been ruminating on the problem of boots, and I may have found a workable solution. Don't want to spill the details 'til I get a chance to test it, but if it works it'll be Trek boots at a reasonable price.I'd cross my fingers, but I can't hold my tools when I do...PS

The Latest...
DSCN4392.jpg

paint jobs finished!(mostly)
DSCN4398.jpg

the gallant Captain...
DSCN4395.jpg

the stoic First Officer...
DSCN4396.jpg

the noble Physician...
My talented wife did her usual exemplary job on the eyes(she's much better at them than I) and I handled the hair, which ended up requiring 3 custom color mixes.Now the waiting begins anew...PS

Nope;Spenser's version was entirely acceptable.
I am thinking that I need to shorten Kirk's neck;opinions?...PS

I just happen to have such a sculpt;said sculpt is semi-hairless,to allow for variable characters.Still haven't tested the boot idea...PS

Back