SST Star Trek...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wax murderer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Been feeling my Trek fandom lately, and have been considering taking a try at sculpting Spock in 1/6. This is dependent on whether there is a good likeness to be had. The SST bust looks good, but I haven't been able to find out what scale it is. Anybody?...PS

I say go for it! Never too many.

I did this one...
spockpainted01.jpg

I say go for it! Never too many.

I did this one...
spockpainted01.jpg

Jeez, that's so damn beautiful man! :thud:

Did you start a thread? How did I miss it? Link please.

That looks pretty good :hi:5

i wish HT did a Star Trek TOS line :(

I know I know everyone want everything from HT, but i'm a HUGE Star Trek TOS fan.

Me too, can't get enough of TOS. Yeah, but you know Hot Toys would never finish the line. :(

I used Spenser's Three Kings with the Nanjin set and I couldn't be happier.
Nanjin's duds are the only way to go, if you can find them anywhere now, that is...

I like the prototype sculpts for Scifimetropolis as well as any Original Series sculpts I have seen. Some of these were offered for sale at one point. Lots of pictures both painted and unpainted on the sculptors website.

https://www.joyandtomstudios.com/images/Portrait_Gallery/Star_Trek_Gallery/index.htm

The thing I really liked about thier Spock sculpt was that when you covered up the eyebrows and ears it looks like Leonard Nimoy. A lot of Spock sculpts seem to count on the eyebrows, ears, and hair selling the likeness. If you get a good likeness to Nimoy first and then add the Spock elements it should turn out fine.

I would have to say that Spenser's work is actually a little better than the pieces for SciFiMetropolis;better likenesses(especially Shatner)and cleaner finishing. I've decided to use an Allan Rickman sculpt as my starting point;similar facial structure and honkers.However, if it doesn't work out, I may just be chasing down Spencer(still got the molds?)...PS

I would have to say that Spenser's work is actually a little better than the pieces for SciFiMetropolis;better likenesses(especially Shatner)and cleaner finishing. I've decided to use an Allan Rickman sculpt as my starting point;similar facial structure and honkers.However, if it doesn't work out, I may just be chasing down Spencer(still got the molds?)...PS

I respect your opinion, but still feel the SFM are the heads to beat. The sculptors reworked Spock, McCoy and Scotty before offering them for sale. Here is a link to the reworked Scotty and McCoy.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67802&highlight=mccoy+scotty

I am a fan of Spenser's and think he does great work, but I still give the edge in Spock vs. Spock to the SFM sculpt.

Proposed_Spock_prototype_2_1.jpg

Last edited:
spenser is..............DA MAN !!!!!!..............:lecture

still loving the road warrior sculpt he made........:yess:

What I think gives Spenser the edge on Spock is that his version has a bit more expression to it, just a trace of a"these humans"look about it.His Bones has a slightly mussed quality to the hair, which I like(to the point of potential purchase).As for Kirk, he seems to be hard to nail, but I feel Spense has come the closest,IMHO...PS

The resurgence of my Trek fandom continues;I have become one of Spenser's acolytes and purchased all 3 heads. I've also started plotting a 1/6 command chair and dug out my 25 year old LS-100 powered model of the Enterprise to restore,all on or around the 45th anniversary.Scary timing!...PS

The heads have arrived, and I am a happy camper.Very nice likenesses,good clean castings. Going to have fun with these...PS

Back