SSC The Joker 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well great news turned into bad news for me.

Picking up this signature required figure was not easy but I just brought it home.

I opened it up and the first thing I see is a postcard that Sideshow included a free figure for me. I checked out the free figure and it turns out to be a Hot Toys Angelica figure from Pirates of the Caribbean. It was never a figure I was interested in getting but I was extremely pleased at my good fortune.

I then open up the Joker box and can't find the Joker fish. I look on the box and there is no Exclusive sticker.
I sent an email to Sideshow to I will see what they say.
I checked my account and it shows the regular version. I could have sworn I ordered the exclusive version. After all, why order the regular from Sideshow when the exclusive is still available and it's the same price.

Went from an extremely happy camper to not a happy camper at all :gah:

Thank for that.:rotfl
Now that I opened up Angelica, I see that it really is an awesome figure.
Once I sat down and thought it out, if someone offered me a choice of getting a complete Angelica figure or Joker fish, I would pick Angelica.

I guess it was just the shock of getting a free figure and the bigger shock of not receiving what I thought I ordered.
Been a long day.

On a positive note, I have parted Joker parts on order from Toy Anxiety so I will end up with 2 complete Jokers to show off both sculpts and both coats.

So this is on the regular pro body? :monkey4
nude.jpg

Yeah. Awful. :(

yep...I don't mind it. I've never had an issue with those bodies either :dunno

Proportions are poor, and the arms don't hang straight at its side for a couple of things. Also, usually the bodies are positively floppy. In this case the joints are really weird. The knees especially. The Sideshow body has ratchet knees, with big spaces between each ratchet point. With this figure, there is all this play between the ratchet points. Like so much, that posing him without a stand is nigh impossible. Also, the ankles are as week as ****.

The body is my only real problem with this figure.

Last edited:
On a positive note, I have parted Joker parts on order from Toy Anxiety so I will end up with 2 complete Jokers to show off both sculpts and both coats.

I don't know why I didn't think of that :slap Got lucky and they had at least 1 of every part I needed to make the second figure. I've had a heck of a time trying to decide which look to go with, now I don't have too. 2 figures for less than $300 is a great deal these days sadly :lol

Maglor's photos can always make any guy on the brink of cancelling something change his mind. Great, set, sir!

As for the pinky-fleshy face tones, SSC's highlighting of the creases and curves of his face made it seem that the white is just make up, just like in TDK.

Proportions are poor, and the arms don't hand straight at its side for a couple of things. Also, usually the bodies are positively floppy. In this case the joints are really weird. The knees especially. The Sideshow body has ratchet knees, with big spaces between each ratchet point. With this figure, there is all this play between the ratchet points. Like so much, that posing him without a stand is nigh impossible. Also, the ankles are as week as ****.

The body is my only real problem with this figure.

No need to explain the SS pro to me...I've had their figures since and before they started using the pro, I know what it's like and by seeing the knee issue in Optimbotimus' review, the knees being like "rubber" is the first time I've seen that on the SS body. I mean I know they've been using ratchet knee joints on a few of their figures just never seen them the way they're looking in the review. Not denying that it's happening, just saying this is a first for me and prior to this figure, I've never had a problem with the SS pro body :dunno they're cheap on the secondary market so if I were to get this figure, I'd just buy another pro and swap the legs from the knee and below.

Fantastic pics btw :clap I've been waiting to see yours since you know how to futz and pose very well, not to mention take great pics.

they're cheap on the secondary market so if I were to get this figure, I'd just buy another pro and swap the legs from the knee and below.

I had the same thought. I have an unused one from my ROTLA Indy, but everything from the hips and up is so week that it can't stand. From the knees down its good though. How do you remove the knees? I know how to pull off the lower leg from the lower knee joint, but I don't know how to remove the top half of the knee. Does it just pull out of the thigh? I don't want to break them.

Fantastic pics btw :clap I've been waiting to see yours since you know how to futz and pose very well, not to mention take great pics.

Thanks. :) I had to use every futzing trick in the book to get the jacket to look right, but in the end I think the outfit is great.:yess:

Fantastic pictures,Maglor
love what you did with the dynamite hanging over his fingers.

Thank you sir. First pose that came to mind.

Maglor's photos can always make any guy on the brink of cancelling something change his mind. Great, set, sir!

:lol Thanks. It slightly false advertising though, as it will never look exactly like that out of the box. However the "mods" I did are all free and reversible.

No need to explain the SS pro to me...I've had their figures since and before they started using the pro, I know what it's like and by seeing the knee issue in Optimbotimus' review, the knees being like "rubber" is the first time I've seen that on the SS body. I mean I know they've been using ratchet knee joints on a few of their figures just never seen them the way they're looking in the review. Not denying that it's happening, just saying this is a first for me and prior to this figure, I've never had a problem with the SS pro body :dunno .

That's exactly what it is. The knee joint itself is soft. Really weird. First time I've seen it too.

I'm going to disagree about using the stand. One of the things I found about this figure is he stands solidly on his own. It's those big *** shoes.

Hasn't been my experience. Between the rubber knees and the ultra week ankles, he could have tennis rackets on his feet and he would still tip over.

I like to think that I am good at posing my figures without stands (there are almost none in my display), but I think the only way I could get this joker to stand on his own would be to pose him in a kind of squat. I don't like it when a figure body dictates to me what poses are possible.

Swapping out the lower legs with a standard Sideshow body and tightening the ankles with the super glue trick will make all the difference methinks.

I only have a few SSC figures, mostly GI Joes. My Bobba Fett and my SSC Joes can all stand without the base, but I think the shoes of these figures being high-cut boots help support even what could have been a faulty ankle joint. As for the knees, I hate them. I had a hard time giving Fett a dynamic flight pose as his knees feel like I could break something if I force to bend them, but when I went easy on them they just won't hold the pose. I can't manage to make natural standing poses as well as convincing contrapposto with my SSC figures unlike those in TT.

Excuse the poor lighting, but I took it with my iPhone. I thought the lightning almost kind of worked for it, too! :)

Last edited:
How come the joker still available to pre-order?
Isn't it available already?
I can't wait to get this one displaying with my dx joker

Back