SSC The Joker 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ups just finally came. Opened it up to make sure everything is there, since it won't be opened until xmas. The box itself is cool looking. It's just to bad that the figure doesn't look like the art on the box. Ugliest figure I've seen, and hate the color they been using for with their Joker faces. SS is 0/3 in the Joker department. I hope they DON'T drop the ball if they get a chance for a Jack Joker, pf or bust.

hmmm confused how ryno said he's really nice and then you say he is the ugliest thing? Not sure what to believe here lol

hmmm confused how ryno said he's really nice and then you say he is the ugliest thing? Not sure what to believe here lol

Yeah, judging by the roller-coaster ride of in-hand reviews I'd say this figure is something that we all have to see for ourselves, then it all depends on the individual whether Joker is a keeper or not.

This Joker isn't terrible. For me he is just overpriced. At $120 I would have been ecstatic, at $150 where at the most he should have been the short comings wouldn't have felt so big. With some really good futzing he'll look good. Each figure will come in differently, but this is the most wrinkled figure I have ever received.

This Joker isn't terrible. For me he is just overpriced. At $120 I would have been ecstatic, at $150 where at the most he should have been the short comings wouldn't have felt so big. With some really good futzing he'll look good. Each figure will come in differently, but this is the most wrinkled figure I have ever received.

The problem is this can't be $120 even if it SHOULD be priced that much, considering the quality. But then, it's 2013 and it's licensed and an A-list character at that. And it's Sideshow, who thinks they could price that much.

Non-licensed figures cost $100-120 lately, and some look even better than any of SSC's previous releases. Art Figures Expendables look good, have good tailoring, good headsculpts and paint job, and plenty of accessories, at $100. SSC could have given this a $150 price tag considering that it's licensed, has Kato-designed outfit, and 2 headsculpts. $190 is a bit too much for it IMO.

Ups came early today so I was able to get this guy before leaving for work, spent a few hours posing and reposing this guy, so happy with him. Didn't expect to like it as much as I did. Can't wait until Harley so I can do a setup together.

I was never, in today's market, expecting this at $120. I only mentioned that price 'cause someone stated that price.

$150 is where this should be. I know Kato did the clothes, but the factory wasn't able to do it justice.

I still believe SS should pay the money and have someone oversee things in China. It's never going to happen, but you want to charge more I expect more.

I was never, in today's market, expecting this at $120. I only mentioned that price 'cause someone stated that price.

$150 is where this should be. I know Kato did the clothes, but the factory wasn't able to do it justice.

I still believe SS should pay the money and have someone oversee things in China. It's never going to happen, but you want to charge more I expect more.

Sorry bud, didn't mean to sound condescending. I actually agree on your points.

But yeah, SSC should start proving first that they CAN charge that much, not by charging that much right away, but by improving on their products first. IMO their latest Obi Wan was not worth its pricepoint, and that was cheaper than Joker.

Got this in today and couldn't wait to get it out of the box. I quickly switched out the head, tossed on the jacket and posed it with a few accessories.

Here's the picture

Sorry the colors are washed out a bit. But in person the paint and colors are great.

I'm very happy with how this came out. I plan on doing some actual futzing tomorrow when I have some more time.

Looks pretty good, thanks for the pics guys. My only gripe would be the doll dot is back. And I hate the Pro's knees. I might pick this up.

upujatym.jpg

Got mine yesterday. Shame I didnt spring for the exclusive..need to get those Joker Fish now! I love this piece! Cant wait to get Harley!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

The problem is this can't be $120 even if it SHOULD be priced that much, considering the quality. But then, it's 2013 and it's licensed and an A-list character at that. And it's Sideshow, who thinks they could price that much.

Non-licensed figures cost $100-120 lately, and some look even better than any of SSC's previous releases. Art Figures Expendables look good, have good tailoring, good headsculpts and paint job, and plenty of accessories, at $100. SSC could have given this a $150 price tag considering that it's licensed, has Kato-designed outfit, and 2 headsculpts. $190 is a bit too much for it IMO.

I agree Warner Bro's set's their cost and sideshow needs to make a profit as well. So you have to realize their is cost for the figure itself,name and license. The use of sideshow talent. off hand id say we got off cheep because DCD charged what 80 bucks and came out with a crappy figure . but people buy it because it came out by DC comics which warner owns.

And wait im confused there were two types of jokers their was an exclusive how do I know if I got that one or not? not that I care about the fish all that much.

lol never mind I got the exclusive I went back and looked and it says exclusive. I didn't know their was a change I thought everyone got the fishes in there order.

on a separate note guys. if your into batman I need 4 more people to add themselves to the list for scarecrow head before sean starts producing them. we are only making 16 but I need 4 more to make 10 so he will put them on the market.

Normally I don't mention like this on another page but I thought batfans would like a heads up so they can have another comic book style figure.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133719

scare_crow_head_sculpt_by_sean_dabbs_fx-d4brtir.jpg

Last edited:
Groovy34: if you don't want your jokerfish, i'll take 'em! hahahaha

where is the scarecrow custom? you put a picture and no linky link.

Just curious of what I need to do for a True Type Body Swap for this. I know that the head will peg onto the body and that I need to cut the existing wrist pegs, I just don't know what to do about the foot pegs.

I've seen people ram the Hot Toys ball pegs in, but should I get a DX Luke/Joker Body and use the different ankle pegs?

At this point I think it's blatantly obvious that SSC's heart just isn't in 1/6 anymore. Shame.

Don't say that! I got flamed for saying the same thing when they first announced they were doing DC figs 2 years ago. Here it is 2 years later and the first one dribbles out...still sporting some obvious flaws that fans have been complaining about for years, ie doll dot.

Except now the figures are $200 bucks!

I think the figure looks pretty good but I still have the same opinion, this is no longer their core business and it shows.

Back