SSC The Joker 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to pass on this. The only thing I love are the head sculpts. Realized I didn't care for the rest of their DC line so it made the decision easier. Then I remembered I paid $300 shipped for my regular Joker PF, and it was a lot easier for me to pass on this. Just really low value, and it kinda sucks since I'm a huge joker fan.

I may still pick this up later with a SSC coupon though.

This is a very well made figure, with a bit of modification, turned out to be a very impressive looking Joker. Thank you Sideshow for providing this beautiful piece of art

Custom Sideshow 1/6 Joker
- shorten neck
- neck slouch modification
- TT body with narrow shoulder
- custom long shin extension
- tailor green shirts
- re-tie the neck ribbon
- all wrist peg mod
- extend pants

for more pictures....

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6081021#post6081021

Tony, your Joker looks great -- must be the best photos of the figure so far! But I gotta hand it to you and your efforts, which some of us here might not have the skills to do, or would not choose to do. Already a body swap on top of its pricetag SHOULDN'T be required. I happily did that to my $120 V1 Snake Eyes, but would think twice before doing it to a $200 Joker.

dunno that he needs his neck shortened, but he certainly looks better on that body.

i'm gonna pass on this line and hope to snag a few pieces in a partout somewhere along the way. will regret not getting those jokerfish, though.

also it'll save me $600 in the long run as i won't need bats and harl to go with him. i just can't justify starting another batman line.

if ht ever produces the arkham stuff, i'll likely have just as much of a struggle there too.

: o p

dunno that he needs his neck shortened, but he certainly looks better on that body.

i'm gonna pass on this line and hope to snag a few pieces in a partout somewhere along the way. will regret not getting those jokerfish, though.

also it'll save me $600 in the long run as i won't need bats and harl to go with him. i just can't justify starting another batman line.

if ht ever produces the arkham stuff, i'll likely have just as much of a struggle there too.
: o p

I'm thinking this will be around for awhile so if/when the HT Arkham figures come out, I'll decide then which one's I want. I'll probaly go with the arkham line though since they're a nice balance between comic and realism. I really only want 1 line of batman figures so it's a tough choice betwen '89, SSC and Arkham

Yeah I'd probably end up snagging at least a Bats and Joker from an Arkham line myself.
that's proabbaly all HT will do from that line :lol

Personally I think, overall, it's a nice figure, but it is nowhere close to being a near-enough two hundred dollars worth nice figure.

You want to price like Hot Toys and Enterbay, then you have to deliver the kind of quality they are capable of too, right across the board. This, for me, just doesn't manage to do that.

The head sculpts are great, the variety of accessories is nice, but the body used and the tailoring just isn't in the ballpark for this kind of pricetag in my opinion.
This sums up Sideshow's work in a nutshell to me. Pretty good, but relative to what you get, even for the cost, from Hot Toys? They feel grossly overpriced. My recent SSC 1/6 scale experience is primarily with the Joe line, but that definitely applies there. That's why it's pretty easy for me to pass on these comic styled figures, even though I'm a much bigger comic than comic movie fan. I want real, quality figures on the shelf first and foremost. Otherwise I would probably stick with the Mattel and Hasbro stuff. If only I had Tony Meis's skills and resources. . .

This is a very well made figure, with a bit of modification, turned out to be a very impressive looking Joker. Thank you Sideshow for providing this beautiful piece of art

- shorten neck
- tailor green shirts
- re-tie the neck ribbon
- all wrist peg mod
- extend pants

All that just to make a $200 figure look decent? No thanks.

- shorten neck
- tailor green shirts
- re-tie the neck ribbon
- all wrist peg mod
- extend pants

for more pictures....

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6081021#post6081021

That sounds like a lot of work and $...:(

I freakin love it

mDm8DQn.jpg

This is my first comic book style figure to sit among all my movie figures

I just opened mine up and I am really happy with this figure. The sculpts are great. The clothes are pretty good too. Most of the issues can be fixed with proper futzing and some light work.

1. On my figure, the coat really needs to be ironed. I think this could help with not only getting rid of the wrinkles, but help with the collars (on mine, it is only one of the collars that sticks up on the coat.

2. The shirt collars don't lay flat, but the shirt seems to fit rather well aside from this.

3. The tie needs to be messed with a bit so that it lays flat/natural.

With these three issues fixed, I think this figure can be a real winner. The work required here seems far less intensive than what many people are doing to the DX11 and 12. I haven't modded any of my HT figures and I can't see myself modding this one (other than maybe painting the white gloves purple - seems like an odd choice to pick white).

I don't regret getting this figure. I can't wait to see this next to my Medicom Hush Bats. Should look great. It will fit in with my "Joker" shelf in my Detlof very well.

Now, anyone have the Medicom Hush Joker and this? If so, do you think one of the heads from this one will fit on that body? I really like the clothes of the Medi Joker, just not a big fan of the sculpt (weakest part of Jim Lee's artwork in Hush, IMO).

I can't wait im dancing around,singing joker is going to be here. I'm not so picky as long as he hists all my wants out of him i'll be happy as a lamb.

I'm equally excited that scarecrow sculpt from sean is going to be sold out soon. Only 11 spots left and I cant wait to show the proto type on this one for sure. probably just in time before Harley make her appearance in release in February.

I just opened mine up and I am really happy with this figure. The sculpts are great. The clothes are pretty good too. Most of the issues can be fixed with proper futzing and some light work.

1. On my figure, the coat really needs to be ironed. I think this could help with not only getting rid of the wrinkles, but help with the collars (on mine, it is only one of the collars that sticks up on the coat.

2. The shirt collars don't lay flat, but the shirt seems to fit rather well aside from this.

3. The tie needs to be messed with a bit so that it lays flat/natural.

With these three issues fixed, I think this figure can be a real winner. The work required here seems far less intensive than what many people are doing to the DX11 and 12. I haven't modded any of my HT figures and I can't see myself modding this one (other than maybe painting the white gloves purple - seems like an odd choice to pick white).

I don't regret getting this figure. I can't wait to see this next to my Medicom Hush Bats. Should look great. It will fit in with my "Joker" shelf in my Detlof very well.

:exactly:
Just got mine and had to do some futzing including ironing the shirt and fixing the tie. I have no regrets at all very happy i picked him up.

Haven't had a chance to fully mess with the figure yet, but other than the rubber knees, this is a fine $190 figure. And it's nice to have a comic version of The Joker on the shelf.

All that just to make a $200 figure look decent? No thanks.

People drop $3-400 on a head to replace the one HT provided with a $270 figure, so I don't see the problem with a change here and there. It's boring to take a figure out of the box just to put on the shelf. Might as well collect status. :dunno

Haven't had a chance to fully mess with the figure yet, but other than the rubber knees, this is a fine $190 figure. And it's nice to have a comic version of The Joker on the shelf.

People drop $3-400 on a head to replace the one HT provided with a $270 figure, so I don't see the problem with a change here and there. It's boring to take a figure out of the box just to put on the shelf. Might as well collect status. :dunno

:goodpost::exactly::lecture

There's nothing wrong with a change here and there but it shouldn't cost $200+ EXTRA to be able to do it.

Back