SSC Stalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I disagree with some of their decisions (e.g., Firefly), in general, I think Sideshow has found a nice middle ground between being faithful to the toys/comics/cartoon and giving them a more "modern military" touch.

They are necessarily going to be taking liberties with the nuances of the real world.

I bet you're a big fan of Flint. And yes Sideshow will.

While I disagree with some of their decisions (e.g., Firefly), in general, I think Sideshow has found a nice middle ground between being faithful to the toys/comics/cartoon and giving them a more "modern military" touch.

This is a children's toy line revisited for those of us old enough to be nostalgic for it. They are necessarily going to be taking liberties with the nuances of the real world.

Well Said.

Last edited:
It is if you like Tyrese. Personally, I prefer the Joes to look more gritty and less like metro-sexual supermodels.

It's alright, but I would have prefered something more along the lines of Courtney Vance.

post-2582-1289981521.jpg

They should make Doc look like Curtis Mayfield.

This is a children's toy line revisited for those of us old enough to be nostalgic for it. They are necessarily going to be taking liberties with the nuances of the real world.

Totally agree.

Well, except that I like Firefly.

haven't caught up to the posts, but is the concensus that this is a good sculpt? I like it.

Hmm, I haven't seen many complaints. I like it, personally. I don't really think he looks like a model or anything like that...

I think Doc has a strong fanbase. Sure he isn't Zartan or Snake Eyes, but we'd all buy a Doc. Perhaps as a SDCC exclusive or something, similar to the recent mail a way version Hasbro did. I think characters that would tend to sell less like Doc ought to be made as an exclusive instead of not at all. We don't want anymore CCC type of variants as SDCC exclusives, so we might as well get 'boring' figures that way.

I always thought Doc was cool. :dunno

I think Doc has a strong fanbase. Sure he isn't Zartan or Snake Eyes, but we'd all buy a Doc. Perhaps as a SDCC exclusive or something, similar to the recent mail a way version Hasbro did. I think characters that would tend to sell less like Doc ought to be made as an exclusive instead of not at all. We don't want anymore CCC type of variants as SDCC exclusives, so we might as well get 'boring' figures that way.

I always thought Doc was cool. :dunno

I did too, that's why I made one. But I just see Lifeline's color scheme more appealing to Sideshow.

Lifeline is a lame, unpopular character though. And so far, Sideshow has chosen more popular characters. If they do a medic, I figure we'll get Doc before Lifeline.

Back