SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SS Facebook announcement G.I. JOE: Helmeted Cobra Commander

Doesn't look classic enough to me.

Me too. And I'll save money on this one. All I need are his gloves and that pistol.

This visor looks soooo small, but then again this is just a quick photoshop deal, got my fingers crossed the full pictures of the proto look awesome!!!! I think there format figure looks good don't see why this wouldn't turn out as good or better

The contest form claims the estimated ship date is November. Think we'll see Baroness in 2013 at this rate?

The contest form claims the estimated ship date is November. Think we'll see Baroness in 2013 at this rate?

Nope. Seeing as we didn't even see this Cobra Commander at SDCC seems to indicate they are still having issues with the new female body. Once they get that all worked out, we'll probably see her and Harley Quinn go up for order relatively soon after that. The new Super hero bodies are probably being an issue too as the only DC figure they've put up for pre-order is the Joker on the good old Pro body.

Nope. Seeing as we didn't even see this Cobra Commander at SDCC seems to indicate they are still having issues with the new female body. Once they get that all worked out, we'll probably see her and Harley Quinn go up for order relatively soon after that. The new Super hero bodies are probably being an issue too as the only DC figure they've put up for pre-order is the Joker on the good old Pro body.

perfectly fine with them taking their time on those, as it makes FAR less likely we will get a repeat of Raiders Indy.

We saw a better pic of this when it was teased with his fist up...(his helmet looks fine in that pic)...seems to be just a bad photo

I need to see more pictures before I judge this.
One thing is for sure, I hate the endless teaser images. It should be as it was; one teaser, then the reveal, and finally the preorder.

I need to see more pictures before I judge this.

We'll all know for certain once the full reveal is made. However, the fact that Sideshow had this figure, looked at it from all angles, photographed it and then said, "ah, this is a sufficiently flattering shot to use for the teaser," doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Yeah, the helmet looks super over-sized. I have some faith that sideshow will tweak it before it's out.

We'll all know for certain once the full reveal is made. However, the fact that Sideshow had this figure, looked at it from all angles, photographed it and then said, "ah, this is a sufficiently flattering shot to use for the teaser," doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

well.. we have seen that they make WEIRD decisions when it comes to photographing the product.

You must be new to Sideshow Toy.

I am very much looking forward to finally getting another Sideshow GI Joe preorder!

Edit - Oh, yeah...and I got nothin' but love for you guys, but I still get a kick out of reading some of your GI Joe ARAH Nazi posts.

The ARAH Third Reich hasn't completely died, yet, has it? :)

Last edited:

i am sure its the camera angle, snake eyes head is fine in person. sideshow has big heads anyways

I am very much looking forward to finally getting another Sideshow GI Joe preorder!

Edit - Oh, yeah...and I got nothin' but love for you guys, but I still get a kick out of reading some of your GI Joe ARAH Nazi posts.

The ARAH Third Reich hasn't completely died, yet, has it? :)

:rotfl:rotfl:clap

Definitely nice to see another figure coming.

To hell with matching the og card art.:horror j/k In all seriousness though I can understand why some like the og card art but, that isn't the only look for me. Personally, I like the look of the figures to be updated. I wish Zartan was updated more and didn't look like a D&D cosplayer.

:rotfl:rotfl:clap

Definitely nice to see another figure coming.

To hell with matching the og card art.:horror j/k In all seriousness though I can understand why some like the og card art but, that isn't the only look for me. Personally, I like the look of the figures to be updated. I wish Zartan was updated more and didn't look like a D&D cosplayer.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Seriously. Some of y'all take that **** too far. They mostly need to match palettes, swatches, shapes, and forms; that's all.

Yeah, I was really disappointed we didn't see this awesomeness as Zartan:

2177216-zartan..jpg

Figure would have flown off the figurative shelves. Why don't you join us in the 21st century Sideshow?

Back