SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SS Facebook announcement G.I. JOE: Helmeted Cobra Commander

I have a preference for the updating of the equipment. But in truth...I don't see why Sideshow can't make everyone happy by adding items in that will allow for either a vintage look or a more modern one.

Yeah, I was really disappointed we didn't see this awesomeness as Zartan:

2177216-zartan..jpg

Figure would have flown off the figurative shelves. Why don't you join us in the 21st century Sideshow?

:lol:lol:lol:lol

I have a preference for the updating of the equipment. But in truth...I don't see why Sideshow can't make everyone happy by adding items in that will allow for either a vintage look or a more modern one.

What the did with Bludd was perfect.

I just don't like Zartan's stock leather pouches and crap. He looked too medieval. People like Ski and others had to tweak theirs to make it better.

Nope. Seeing as we didn't even see this Cobra Commander at SDCC seems to indicate they are still having issues with the new female body. Once they get that all worked out, we'll probably see her and Harley Quinn go up for order relatively soon after that. The new Super hero bodies are probably being an issue too as the only DC figure they've put up for pre-order is the Joker on the good old Pro body.

And there's a 99.999% chance the female body will still have issues and we'll have to do the old body swap out of the box.

which won't work at all becuase of her proportions. so people will b e forced to wait a year or more untill hey get the issues worked out, and pick up NEW bodies for the first 3-4 females on that body down the line as sideshow releases more girls.

Nope. Seeing as we didn't even see this Cobra Commander at SDCC seems to indicate they are still having issues with the new female body. Once they get that all worked out, we'll probably see her and Harley Quinn go up for order relatively soon after that. The new Super hero bodies are probably being an issue too as the only DC figure they've put up for pre-order is the Joker on the good old Pro body.

which won't work at all becuase of her proportions. so people will b e forced to wait a year or more untill hey get the issues worked out, and pick up NEW bodies for the first 3-4 females on that body down the line as sideshow releases more girls.

Hopefully Catwoman too.

Come to think of it, if they make body modifications, they'll have to retailer any clothing pieces to accommodate any enhancements. So that overhead will slow down any releases.

Destro should be next anyway...come on SDCC

Totally agreed. . .assuming of course, that by Destro, you mean classic Firefly.

No,just Classic Destro in general....

Anybody want to guess the exclusive??

since it seems Sideshow likes alternate head sculpts most of the time..I am guessing a Sunbow "snake" revealed face or a blue Hooded Sculpt

He's gonna included the hooded sculpt Standard.

EX is gonna be the bomb from the Animated movie intro

He's gonna included the hooded sculpt Standard.

EX is gonna be the bomb from the Animated movie intro

would be a great exclusive

I would be impressed if they gave us two head sculpts without it being an exclusive

No,just Classic Destro in general....

Anybody want to guess the exclusive??

since it seems Sideshow likes alternate head sculpts most of the time..I am guessing a Sunbow "snake" revealed face or a blue Hooded Sculpt

I'd take an original green Joe. Or a python patrol crimson guard. :lol

On that Destro note; I'd gladly accept a iron grenadier Destro; that's way too cool to pass up.

Yeah, I was really disappointed we didn't see this awesomeness as Zartan:

2177216-zartan..jpg

Figure would have flown off the figurative shelves. Why don't you join us in the 21st century Sideshow?

:rotfl Way to go to the worst example of the GIJoe franchise ever. Why not post a pic of CC while you are at it.:slap

Plenty of cool examples that are not the og card art. Resolute for one.

397394-resolutezartan.jpg

or comic

Zartan_Colors_by_EdRyder.jpg

Last edited:

You know he was being sarcastic, right?

No way?. I must contain my fury next time.

I think it was pretty obvious he was kidding hence the laughing icon but, many do have issues with things not being strictly card art from ARAH. I was just posting some examples of what I mean. To further complicate the matters I much rather have a Cobra Commander like the one below then an ARAH commander. I'm probably in the minority though.

GI-Joe-Retaliation_CS_Cobra_Commander_04b.jpg

Back