SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SS Facebook announcement G.I. JOE: Helmeted Cobra Commander

No,just Classic Destro in general....

Anybody want to guess the exclusive??

since it seems Sideshow likes alternate head sculpts most of the time..I am guessing a Sunbow "snake" revealed face or a blue Hooded Sculpt

I thought a megatron pistol would be pretty badass.

i bet the exclusive is the hooded mask portrait or a classic battle helmet. the coolest exclusive i can think of would be breaker with a gum bubble blowing out of his mouth.

I always liked v3 Commander. I'm sure SS could do a nice job of transposing that design.

87comic.gif

I'd totally be down for a v4 Snake Eyes, as well.

No way?. I must contain my fury next time.
I think it was pretty obvious he was kidding hence the laughing icon but, many do have issues with things not being strictly card art from ARAH. I was just posting some examples of what I mean. To further complicate the matters I much rather have a Cobra Commander like the one below then an ARAH commander. I'm probably in the minority though.

GI-Joe-Retaliation_CS_Cobra_Commander_04b.jpg

Hey, youd be surprise the crap that spews out of people sometimes. Just making sure. :wink1:

So when is *****head up for order?

Can't wait to see how they **** up Destro. They'll prolly give him a tiny head and oversized body.

Can't wait to see how they **** up Destro. They'll prolly give him a tiny head and oversized body.

looking at my Joe shelf,Sideshow has yet to not really mess up the Joe line...its their best line going

and yes,Firefly is badass too!

I don't see CC being any different

No way?. I must contain my fury next time.

I think it was pretty obvious he was kidding hence the laughing icon but, many do have issues with things not being strictly card art from ARAH. I was just posting some examples of what I mean. To further complicate the matters I much rather have a Cobra Commander like the one below then an ARAH commander. I'm probably in the minority though.

GI-Joe-Retaliation_CS_Cobra_Commander_04b.jpg

The minority, maybe. But you are not alone. Although I am happy with the Sideshow offerings, I do like this design better.

I can understand that it is just different taste. Some want their figures to be exactly like the 80's figures. I do not. I like the characters being married up with modern equipment. Modern is far cooler than the 80's equipment, to me. The 80's stuff was cool in the 80's. It no longer is cool. I also understand that some collect purely for nostalgia. I do not. I play with these things and I make no apologies for it.

Everyone picks and chooses what they find to be cool. And everyone has their own reasons for it. Hell, even some of those who claim to be purists are OK with Snake Eyes being passed off as a Ninja.

The single thing that I dislike about the whole situation is some of the angst that gets passed around between the collectors just because of differing opinions. Sometimes I wonder if they ever actually go back and read their posts and see how ridiculous they sound.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think that a back-and-forth like this...

Collector 1: "The new Sideshow GI Joe figure is being previewed and it looks incredible!"

Collector 2 (AKA Sideshow Freaks GI Joe Nazi): "I saw that preview and the figure looks nothing like the card art from over 30 years ago. There is a 2 hue color difference from the color that was on the character's shirt in one of the episodes of GI Joe: A Real American Hero that I saw and consider to be the only canon example of the character."

Collector 3 (AkA Sideshow Freaks Drama Queen): "Yeah...what Nazi said! Sideshow is the very worst company on Earth at making figures. I wish a company like Hot Toys would take over the license."

Collector 4 (AKA Sideshow Freaks Sideshow Toys Apologist): "You guys suck! You should all die and rot in Hell! Who are you to dog on Sideshow for not being perfect? You're not perfect! And Hot Toys figures suck more than Sideshows!"

Collector 5 (AKA Sideshow Freaks GI Joe Nazi Minister of Propaganda): "You guys had better stop this back and forth or I will delete all the posts except the ones that point out the difference between this figure and the original card art...and then I will infract those with deleted posts!"

...is stupid.:)

The single thing that I dislike about the whole situation is some of the angst that gets passed around between the collectors just because of differing opinions. Sometimes I wonder if they ever actually go back and read their posts and see how ridiculous they sound.

Collector 1: "The new Sideshow GI Joe figure is being previewed and it looks incredible!"

Collector 2 (AKA Sideshow Freaks GI Joe Nazi): "I saw that preview and the figure looks nothing like the card art from over 30 years ago. There is a 2 hue color difference from the color that was on the character's shirt in one of the episodes of GI Joe: A Real American Hero that I saw and consider to be the only canon example of the character."

Collector 3 (AkA Sideshow Freaks Drama Queen): "Yeah...what Nazi said! Sideshow is the very worst company on Earth at making figures. I wish a company like Hot Toys would take over the license."

Collector 4 (AKA Sideshow Freaks Sideshow Toys Apologist): "You guys suck! You should all die and rot in Hell! Who are you to dog on Sideshow for not being perfect? You're not perfect! And Hot Toys figures suck more than Sideshows!"

Collector 5 (AKA Sideshow Freaks GI Joe Nazi Minister of Propaganda): "You guys had better stop this back and forth or I will delete all the posts except the ones that point out the difference between this figure and the original card art...and then I will infract those with deleted posts!"

Ironic that you claim to dislike the "angst" from differing opinions, but then call people names for having various outlooks in the exact same post. At least they're discussing the dolls hypocrite.

The minority, maybe. But you are not alone. Although I am happy with the Sideshow offerings, I do like this design better.

I can understand that it is just different taste. Some want their figures to be exactly like the 80's figures. I do not. I like the characters being married up with modern equipment. Modern is far cooler than the 80's equipment, to me. The 80's stuff was cool in the 80's. It no longer is cool. I also understand that some collect purely for nostalgia. I do not. I play with these things and I make no apologies for it.

Everyone picks and chooses what they find to be cool. And everyone has their own reasons for it. Hell, even some of those who claim to be purists are OK with Snake Eyes being passed off as a Ninja.

there's just too much douchery going on in some threads. i'm with you, i like this design of the ol' commander.

I don't expect figures of the 30 year old card art. I am pleased with figures that resemble it with updates. I enjoy the "real world" aspect SSC has taken. I have been very pleased with every release, with the exception of the paint job on Dusty's face.

tumblr_mbybmqVSPD1rpcgwq.gif

Ironic that you claim to dislike the "angst" from differing opinions, but then call people names for having various outlooks in the exact same post. At least they're discussing the dolls hypocrite.

It was meant to make everyone laugh. That is why there is a smiley face at the bottom. Sorry if it didn't work. I have been jokingly calling the purists "GI Joe Nazis" for a long time...even before you were a member on this forum. Those guys who I am talking about know it.

You guys had better stop this back and forth or I will delete all the posts except the ones that point out the difference between this figure and the original card art...and then I will infract those with deleted posts!

Sincerely,

Your Sideshow Freaks GI Joe Nazi Minister of Propaganda

You guys had better stop this back and forth or I will delete all the posts except the ones that point out the difference between this figure and the original card art...and then I will infract those with deleted posts!

Sincerely,

Your Sideshow Freaks GI Joe Nazi Minister of Propaganda

LOL...Sieg Heil!

Sweet, helmeted CC has finally entered the "complaining about the complainers" phase of discussion. :yess:

;)

Sweet, helmeted CC has finally entered the "complaining about the complainers" phase of discussion. :yess:

;)

Definitely an indicator that the preorder is approaching!:lol

Back