SSC General Hawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just tried to order Hawk and a Viper using a $15 off code and it says "Our records show that this code expired on 2012-01-05."

Ummm... that's today. WTF? :gah:

It has to do with the time. I forgot what time they go by (I think Prime Meridian), but the same thing happened to me last year with a comicon 100.00 gift card. I waited to the last day, and when I tried it that evening it was expired, even though it expiration date was that day and I live in California. Go figure.:dunno

Yeah, its Prime Meridian, not Pacific. Really dumb of them to do it that way since everyone knows they are in CA and all of their other pre-orders/event/etc are based on PST.

They are not all bad. My Hawk is great, no paint issues here.

Not in my experience. I've got 4 heads (original, 2 replacements, and one from TA) now and they all have paint rubs in the hair. One of the replacement ones from Sideshow head face rubs too :lol So I think I'm just going to have to break down and accept them as is and try to find a brown paint close enough and touch them up. At least my Fury has an awesome head now :rock

Not in my experience. I've got 4 heads (original, 2 replacements, and one from TA) now and they all have paint rubs in the hair. One of the replacement ones from Sideshow head face rubs too :lol So I think I'm just going to have to break down and accept them as is and try to find a brown paint close enough and touch them up. At least my Fury has an awesome head now :rock

Fury's black now. :dunno

Fury's black now. :dunno

:lol While I'm glad they were able to get SLJ to play Fury I'm still a bigger fan of Classic, white Fury. And Hawks' head looks amazing with an eye patch :wink1:

Also, Hawk's revolver was one of the comiquette's exclusive hands so even though his signature pistol hasn't been made, I at least have something that looks right with him.

:lol While I'm glad they were able to get SLJ to play Fury I'm still a bigger fan of Classic, white Fury. And Hawks' head looks amazing with an eye patch :wink1:

Also, Hawk's revolver was one of the comiquette's exclusive hands so even though his signature pistol hasn't been made, I at least have something that looks right with him.

Not just Sam's Fury --->
Nick_Fury_AEMH.png

Though I suppose you could commission a Hoff head if you wanted a white version. :lol

:lol I never quite understood their reasoning with that look for Fury. Its like they couldn't decide which look to go with, so they used both. Made him black, but gave him the classic hair. :lol

Hoff? :yuck

:lol I never quite understood their reasoning with that look for Fury. Its like they couldn't decide which look to go with, so they used both. Made him black, but gave him the classic hair. :lol

Hoff? :yuck

nick-fury-saaarietv-1998-09-g.jpg

I had zero expectations for that TV movie. With the exception of the fast-forwarded punching scenes he has in the end (to make him look faster :lol), I don't recall it being as bad as I expected. Especially for a David Hasselhoff project. :lol

It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, but they could have done a lot better. Not really sure who I would have picked to play a white Fury though. So I'm happy they got SLJ for the films. :dunno

The problem with Superhero movies is that there isn't an actor alive who could fulfill everyone's perception of the character.

Too bad really.

For example, Robert Downey Jr. has completely ruined Iron Man for me. And there is no way I'm buying into a SLJ Nick Fury.

The Rock as Roadblock on the other hand is something I'm hoping will be a plus for the character.

The problem with Superhero movies is that there isn't an actor alive who could fulfill everyone's perception of the character.

Too bad really.

For example, Robert Downey Jr. has completely ruined Iron Man for me. And there is no way I'm buying into a SLJ Nick Fury.

The Rock as Roadblock on the other hand is something I'm hoping will be a plus for the character.

RDJ is the perfect Stark, cocky womanizing d-bag.

It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, but they could have done a lot better. Not really sure who I would have picked to play a white Fury though. So I'm happy they got SLJ for the films. :dunno

Everything Marvel on live action TV and Movies sucked until Blade.

Well except The Incredible Hulk show.

OT. Just ordered this figure. Damn I love the quick turnaround on instock orders. Makes waiting for preorders torturous!

Back