SSC General Hawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything Marvel on live action TV and Movies sucked until Blade.

And then BladeIII and "live action TV" Blade sucked...
This confirms that God has a sense of humor :lol

I still think the 90's Cap movie is underrated. :huh
Horrible creations required to be underrated otherwise our world will drown in its own ____ and we will quickly cease to exist :huh

Last edited:
And then BladeIII and "live action TV" Blade sucked...
This confirms that God has a sense of humor

Horrible creations required to be underrated otherwise our world will drown in its own ____ and we will quickly cease to exist :huh

Umm, have you looked around lately...:impatient:

Finally had the time to thoroughly open & inspect my regular & EX HAWK figures tonight.

I was fortunate. NO PAINT RUBS.

I'm taking my time is setting up the regular HAWK with the jacket on.

The EX will remain MIB/NRFB . . . for now.

Got my Ex last night and opened that bad boy up! Very glad I got the Ex as I agree the capped head is the best! I was lucky and had very small paint rubs. The size of a grain of sand or smaller on the hair. No worse than any other head.

He has a lot of useful extra accessories that I think will be good for several other kit bashes. Already put the extra boots to use on my Jayne Cobb custom. Backpack will be used for Outback as will the XCR until I find an HK. I'm sure the webbelt will be good for something too. Just can't see wanting to fully kit Hawk out with all of that. Right now have him posed with the radio.

Good figure!

With all the posts within this thread about paint rubs . . . was I fortunate or am I oblivious to the paint rubs in not recognizing them as paint rubs? Did everyone who received their EX or regular HAWK have paint rubs on the head(s)?

Not all. Mine had no issues either. But I'd be careful as I'm guessing he chips easy.

Buttmunch, Nam, and myself all got regular heads on our EX orders with paint rubs if I recall correctly...I think Josh said his had the rub as well. I'm sure there were more, but those are the members I remember. BM can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he said he got two replacement heads from Sideshow as well as one he ordered from Toy Anxiety, and they have the rubs as well.

It's not a deal breaker, and I didn't think it was a big enough issue to ask Sideshow for a replacement, and as evidenced by Buttmunch, I'm not sure the replacement I received would have been any better.

Last edited:
Buttmunch, Nam, and myself all got regular heads on our EX orders with paint rubs if I recall correctly...I think Josh said his had the rub as well I'm sure there were more, but those are the members I remember. BM can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he said he got two replacement heads from Sideshow as well as one he ordered form Toy anxiety, and they have the rubs as well.

It's not a deal breaker, and I didn't think it was a big enough issue to ask Sideshow for a replacement, and as evidenced by Buttmunch, I'm not sure the replacement I received would have been any better.

Hence why I'm keeping mine and not asking for an exchange. I figure I can either roll with the Helmet which'll cover it up or use the Ex head. If OCD gets the better of me, I'd rather have Skimunster fix it and dullcoat the hell out of it so it doesn't rub again, than risk it all to a roll of the dice and wind up hoping for a head that looks flawless like EF's but wind up with an exchange that's twice as bad (as we saw with poor Butty).

I was "futzing" my figure last night.

I need some assistance.

The tactical belt with the pouches . . . I know the pouches where the assault rifle clips goes into.

What are the two smaller pouches for? The smoke grenades? Or the regular grenades?

Do you of you get the dog tags on Hawk or simply store in the larger utility pouch or whatever? What about the extra rounds for the huge pistol?

How do you guys prefer to adjust the goggles for the helmet?

What is the preferred/proper placement of the helmet liner?

I was "futzing" my figure last night.

I need some assistance.

The tactical belt with the pouches . . . I know the pouches where the assault rifle clips goes into.

What are the two smaller pouches for? The smoke grenades? Or the regular grenades?

Do you of you get the dog tags on Hawk or simply store in the larger utility pouch or whatever? What about the extra rounds for the huge pistol?

How do you guys prefer to adjust the goggles for the helmet?

What is the preferred/proper placement of the helmet liner?

Got me. Hawk doesn't need all that extra stuff.

hawk8.jpg

Got my third replacement Hawk head yesterday. FINALLY! No paint rubs! :yess:

They finally wrapped it in bubble wrap instead of just throwing it in that rough brown shipper paper (which I think was the cause of problem).

I know right! I had given up after the second and bought a head from TA hoping for a better one. No such luck. But at least I have a head for my Nick Fury now :lol

Back