SSC General Hawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Show us your Hawk, Mr. Cool Pants. :wave

mohawk_1273579824.jpg

https://www.4shared.com/mp3/rglJm5Os/06-Mc_Hammer-U_cant_touch_this.html
:wink1: right click, open and play in new tab for full effect :wink1:

I was thinking of picking up a Hawk, but then I popped into this thread. How common are these paint defects? It seems like many of you guys experienced paint rubbed off the skin/hair, even on the replacement heads. Not cool. :(

Yeah, it's pretty bad. I looked at two loose heads and a boxed figure from Toy Anxiety. All of them had little nicks here and there. And he suffers from bad over-spray on his temples. He's a Flint step back in the paint department but 2 steps ahead in every other way. If that makes sense. I would love to see a repaint of this head. I'd still recommend him, but not before you buy the Viper, Crasis.

Last edited:
Man, that's disappointing. I feel obligated to get him because he's...well, he's HAWK, damn it. But that definitely makes me hesitate.

But, of course I ordered the Viper! Hell, that's my pick for Sideshow 1/6 figure of 2011. I may just take the money I set aside for Hawk and pick up another Viper. Hrrm. Decisions...

I just tried to order Hawk and a Viper using a $15 off code and it says "Our records show that this code expired on 2012-01-05."

Ummm... that's today. WTF? :gah:

Man, that's disappointing. I feel obligated to get him because he's...well, he's HAWK, damn it. But that definitely makes me hesitate.

But, of course I ordered the Viper! Hell, that's my pick for Sideshow 1/6 figure of 2011. I may just take the money I set aside for Hawk and pick up another Viper. Hrrm. Decisions...

Buy him and keep his helmet on, you'll still like him. He's Hawk!

I just tried to order Hawk and a Viper using a $15 off code and it says "Our records show that this code expired on 2012-01-05."

Ummm... that's today. WTF? :gah:

That's a kick in the yo joes. I thought that coupon would work until today too. Oh well.

I ordered another Viper today with the coupon. I'dcallohbuthwaithey'veallgonehome.

My Hawk has 3 small paint rubs on the back of his head but I figured he'll always have his helmet on so it's not worth the hassle of sending it back and hoping the replacement is any better. Especially since I didn't buy directly from SS so I'd have to pay for the shipping.

Back