1/6 SSC Gambit Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hot toys ain't touching the animated series for a bit, if they even do. It took them a while to do into the spiderverse...i think they did that anyway, they don't normally do animated anything.
Just the fact that they put up a few What If? figures as soon as the show came out has me thinking they’ll want to jump on the X-Men bandwagon. It’s a Disney Marvel property now but they’d still probably just churn out several Wolverine variations and then move on.

It really seems like HT is in over its head now with the sheer number of marvel and Star Wars projects coming out. Even with those properties as their clear priority, they’re still lagging massively behind and simply can’t meet the demand.

Anyways, my vote would be for a Jean Grey from SSC next seeing as SooSoo is probably getting my money for Rogue.

Just the fact that they put up a few What If? figures as soon as the show came out has me thinking they’ll want to jump on the X-Men bandwagon. It’s a Disney Marvel property now but they’d still probably just churn out several Wolverine variations and then move on.

It really seems like HT is in over its head now with the sheer number of marvel and Star Wars projects coming out. Even with those properties as their clear priority, they’re still lagging massively behind and simply can’t meet the demand.

Anyways, my vote would be for a Jean Grey from SSC next seeing as SooSoo is probably getting my money for Rogue.
it was kinda strange how quick they jumped on it, was ther a plan for live action of that show or did they just go for it because? I guess they might do the 90s xmen if that's teh case, but they'd really need to make something spectacular to beat out the competition.

Much as I like the girls, Jubilee's the one I want the most, doubt we'll get her though, Rogue and jean are pretty much a given though.

Excellent figure! I have him now switched to just the one card in his hand. So many possibilities ;)

Attachments

• 20220106_150151.jpg
    20220106_150151.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 20220104_144551.jpg
    20220104_144551.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 116
Excellent figure! I have him now switched to just the one card in his hand. So many possibilities ;)
he's a deceptively bulky figure once you get the staff and effects on him, like Mysterio, he really needs his own display.

I want to like this figure, but so much of it bothers me .ie the sculpt, the chest plate, the boots, the price, etc.

Last edited:
I want to like this figure, but so much of it bothers me .ie the sculpt, the chest plate, the boots, the price, etc.
eith you like this one or you like the soosoo toys one, I think it comes down to how you view gambit in your head and what your ideal look/era was.

The Sideshow sculpt actually looks pretty good with the long hair. But the huge ears and short hair combo looks ridiculous. I might grab him if his stock gets low or he's on discount.

Already have the other one on PO.

Soosoo's looking a lot better than Sideshows imo, although I dig Sideshows jacket as well which I'll grab on Ebay or TA.

It boggles my mind that a third party company is able to get sharper sculpt detail and quality than Sideshow, who's been doing 1/6 figures for an eternity at this point.

Just look at the sharpness and quality difference of the hair between the two.

vP5lrEP.jpg

got mine too, but shipping is about $60 usd and they said they cant do economy shipping anymore because of the pandemic
I would avoid economy shipping right now anyways. I have a package that was shipped economy on Dec 17th with zero updates since. I rather pay the higher shipping if it means they ship it via EMS or something. Economy international shipping is just completely screwed right now.

I think if anything, I would put the SooSoo headsculpts on the SS figure. I really prefer the overall look of the Sideshow. But even as someone who generally loves the comic SS figures, I can see the difference there. The hair on Cyclops is pretty finely detailed IMO so it's interesting to see that there looks to be less detail in the Gambit hair

I wonder about that soo soo coat flaking. It looks great though like a smaller print of the XM gambit statue. Ssc piece is solid too long hair for me. I’m proud to have both.

man i am so annoyed, finally got this figure but as soon as i took it out I noticed that the chest armour already scuffed

Back