1/6 SSC Gambit Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photos by One Sixth FigaLand

Looks damn good to me.

cEpzSoc.jpg
hNmkelf.jpg

Looks f'n dope! My first 3rd party figure ever! Incredibly impressed by the final product!

Wowwww now I’m super hyped for my SooSoo toys gambit to come in! From the pics it looks like my ideal version of the character hot dang. Can’t wait to pose him with my SSC brown suit wolverine

Same, this is gonna be my first 3rd party figure (aside from GameToys Cloud but he hasn't shipped yet) and Im so impressed at how unbelievably good this looks

Soosoo's looking a lot better than Sideshows imo, although I dig Sideshows jacket as well which I'll grab on Ebay or TA.

It boggles my mind that a third party company is able to get sharper sculpt detail and quality than Sideshow, who's been doing 1/6 figures for an eternity at this point.

Just look at the sharpness and quality difference of the hair between the two.

vP5lrEP.jpg
I wouldn't say the sculpt is sharper, but if you look at SOOSOO's Gambit, the facial paint and in general it's paint everywhere, it's cleaner and more detailed. It's kinda of annoying that Sideshow doesn't even try with their paint apps, this is compared to almost all other 1/6 scale companies and it's the bigger reason why it looks less impressive.

I love that vest on soosoo, wonder if it'd fit on sideshow gambit.

More in-hand photos by Benny Sin

o0bJ2wQ.png
rVsKdj2.png

brwvnJl.png

OWIuOfH.png

I wouldn't say the sculpt is sharper, but if you look at SOOSOO's Gambit, the facial paint and in general it's paint everywhere, it's cleaner and more detailed. It's kinda of annoying that Sideshow doesn't even try with their paint apps, this is compared to almost all other 1/6 scale companies and it's the bigger reason why it looks less impressive.

I love that vest on soosoo, wonder if it'd fit on sideshow gambit.
SooSoo's quality is 100% sharper. Just look at the quality in the hair alone. Sideshows hair looks like mushy chocolate that you would use as a cake topper.
On top of that is the better paint application overall. Sideshow hasn't improved their 1/6 figure quality since the dawn of time (and honestly might have downgraded over the years). They just don't put enough focus and attention to their 1/6 figure department, which is unfortunate since their prices continue to rise while their quality doesn't. I think Hot Toys kicking them out of the 1/6 Star Wars figure game years ago discouraged them from improving but who knows. I wish they would put more money and thought into it since they do make great prototypes but their production just always falls short.

zwBsQmZ.png

Did I remember right that someone on here said SooSoo is working on a Rogue or teased one? Hopefully she'll come sooner than later.

This looks so much better than the Sideshow Version. My SST Gambit has just shipped this morning from TNS (via DHL)... The wait begins.

More in-hand photos by Benny Sin

o0bJ2wQ.png
rVsKdj2.png

brwvnJl.png

OWIuOfH.png

SooSoo's quality is 100% sharper. Just look at the quality in the hair alone. Sideshows hair looks like mushy chocolate that you would use as a cake topper.
On top of that is the better paint application overall. Sideshow hasn't improved their 1/6 figure quality since the dawn of time (and honestly might have downgraded over the years). They just don't put enough focus and attention to their 1/6 figure department, which is unfortunate since their prices continue to rise while their quality doesn't. I think Hot Toys kicking them out of the 1/6 Star Wars figure game years ago discouraged them from improving but who knows. I wish they would put more money and thought into it since they do make great prototypes but their production just always falls short.

zwBsQmZ.png
I was talking about the facesculpt, to me ssc's liekness looks better, but the big issue is it's not as sharply painted as sst's. The hair isn't too perceptible to me, but then I only use the long hair which elimnates the ear problem.

sst's also has that one really cool set of hands ssc's doesn't have

I like the torso armor, but what I can nitpick about it is that the chest area is a little too muscular looking.
Although I'm not a fan of the SS version, I would say, the biggest compliment I could give to it is that
it had a better physique.
Gambit is not a muscular jock physique, but more like how Brad Pitt look as Tyler Durden...skinny but ripped.

It is also concerning that they used a pleather like material for his skin tight suit.
Should have used spandex material to make sure it would stand the test of time.

Overall though, its pretty impressive considering its from a 3rd party.
I think its a great figure.
Love how the eyes look in the video!

Although the Soo Soo Toys lit-up hands aren't bad I like the SS ones. I like the gloves better on Soo Soo Toys, however. I want the lit-up card from SS.

Soosoo looks awesome. What a great time to be a collector. We have so many choices now with so many companies challenging the main established ones it will force the top to get better or lose customers. This is great news for the consumer. Both look great but I’m glad I went with soosoo.

Although the Soo Soo Toys lit-up hands aren't bad I like the SS ones. I like the gloves better on Soo Soo Toys, however. I want the lit-up card from SS.
I like some of Soosoo's hand gestures better, more natural, but I think the effect parts are better on sideshows. I wonder if they'll do a version 2 with alternate stuff at some point, like a more modern gambit without the cowl thing and vest.

Back