1/6 SSC Gambit Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got my notification too, Cajun's sauntering his way over her soon

Have to say... I'm pretty happy with this piece...
PC230250.JPG

It is as previewed. Sculpt is really good, definitely on par with or better than the Magneto unhelmeted sculpt. Paint and sculpt is well done, the hair pieces work very well - although the long haired one will rub on the (big) ears when putting it on, so you need to be careful. But the magnet holds the hairpieces in place really easily.
Same body as Cyclops, I'm pretty sure... double jointed elbows and knees, ratchet joints in the arms and shoulders. He does have the purple stripes on the legs, AND on the sides of the arms.
The (big) ears really are much less noticeable in-hand. No complaints from me!

Anybody take the coat off this guy does he have the long sleeves like the comic or is it just plain black or something?

Attachments

• 932B12AC-F8E0-49AC-9854-7EFF7AA36602.png
    932B12AC-F8E0-49AC-9854-7EFF7AA36602.png
    52 KB · Views: 110
Anybody take the coat off this guy does he have the long sleeves like the comic or is it just plain black or something?
that's a render from that old defunct game, I'd recognize that anywhere, I do miss it.

I just got Gambit in the mail, lemme just rattle off the pros and cons

Pros:
-Great sculpting on his head, boots, armor, and hair
-His bo staff seems to be made of metal
-The body has decent range of motion and the ankles use balljoints
-Comes with tons of hands
-The coat is aboslutely top tier, on par with clothes from higher end stuff
-The card throwing effect is great
Cons:
-The ankle balljoints pop out easily and it's annoying
-the cards are easy to lose and they don't stay in the hands well
-There is no wire in the belt or the coat hem and it makes posing a bit annoying.
-Knees, and shins are a bit off sculpt wise
-The stretchy black cloth isn't nearly as good as the coat
-Card throwing effect really only works well on the right hand
Neutral:
-Bo staff is a bit long and hurts posing but looks great
-His blue bits are silver

I just wish that the sockets in his feet were stronger, and that hen had wire in his coat. This figure should've been 40-50 bucks cheaper for what it is. But it's mostly worth the price, not quite as good as DAMTOYS Leon, but it's close, maybe 1-.5 points behind them on a scale of 1-10

I just got Gambit in the mail, lemme just rattle off the pros and cons

Pros:
-Great sculpting on his head, boots, armor, and hair
-His bo staff seems to be made of metal
-The body has decent range of motion and the ankles use balljoints
-Comes with tons of hands
-The coat is aboslutely top tier, on par with clothes from higher end stuff
-The card throwing effect is great
Cons:
-The ankle balljoints pop out easily and it's annoying
-the cards are easy to lose and they don't stay in the hands well
-There is no wire in the belt or the coat hem and it makes posing a bit annoying.
-Knees, and shins are a bit off sculpt wise
-The stretchy black cloth isn't nearly as good as the coat
-Card throwing effect really only works well on the right hand
Neutral:
-Bo staff is a bit long and hurts posing but looks great
-His blue bits are silver

I just wish that the sockets in his feet were stronger, and that hen had wire in his coat. This figure should've been 40-50 bucks cheaper for what it is. But it's mostly worth the price, not quite as good as DAMTOYS Leon, but it's close, maybe 1-.5 points behind them on a scale of 1-10
I agree with you on 98% of your points. I haven't had a foot joint issue yet. Mine are stiff, which makes posing without a stand (boring stand by the way) easier. The hair on the final product sits a little higher than the solicit. Coat is better than I thought it would be, the interior was an unexpected surprise!

One area where they continue to impress in my opinion is their head sculpts.

Sideshow definitely charges a little too much. It's Sideshow quality at a Hot Toys price. Eagerly anticipating SooSoo's Cajun Card Dealer.

I agree with you on 98% of your points. I haven't had a foot joint issue yet. Mine are stiff, which makes posing without a stand (boring stand by the way) easier. The hair on the final product sits a little higher than the solicit. Coat is better than I thought it would be, the interior was an unexpected surprise!

One area where they continue to impress in my opinion is their head sculpts.

Sideshow definitely charges a little too much. It's Sideshow quality at a Hot Toys price. Eagerly anticipating SooSoo's Cajun Card Dealer.
All the joints minus teh feet are alright, I might contact sideshow to see if I can get new feet, it feels like the sockets were just bad qc. I also had the same issue with my hair, but I jiggled it a bit and pushed it down, and it fit perfectly, just took some fussing is all.

I love the coat though, was really excited that they nailed it so well, I just wish it came with more cards, a wire in the coat, and cost about 50$ less. it's close to hot toys quality, but it's not QUITE there, I do love the head though, I agree, I have no desire for soosoo's offering but it is really nice and there's things I like better about it for sure, I hope people post here when they get him!

So ComicSanctorum (aka Toys Wonderland) included this little snippet in their latest email. We could be expecting this figure soon

1641246739139.png

He’s great! We need females in this line- bring on Jean, Storm, Rogue, Phoenix, Mystique!!!!

Yup I agree! definitely need some female characters in the Xmen line-up. Surprised we haven't even got a teaser of one. We've got 2 in the newer DC line (though from the looks, they haven't sold well).
maybe they thought it'd be a hard sell with out the boytoys first, but we got slim, remy, and logan, so may be rouge, jean and jubilee next?

SooSoo are definitey teeing up a Rogue so we’ll probably see her announced when The Cajun has released and, with the returning animated series, is it likely that HT will end up making classic X-Men as well?

SooSoo are definitey teeing up a Rogue so we’ll probably see her announced when The Cajun has released and, with the returning animated series, is it likely that HT will end up making classic X-Men as well?
hot toys ain't touching the animated series for a bit, if they even do. It took them a while to do into the spiderverse...i think they did that anyway, they don't normally do animated anything.

Back