1/6 SSC Gambit Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow just needs to stop making 1/6 figures or really put in an effort. The bodies underneath are based on engineering from like 2005 and the paint / sculpt do not justify $300 all-in.

Sideshow just needs to stop making 1/6 figures or really put in an effort. The bodies underneath are based on engineering from like 2005 and the paint / sculpt do not justify $300 all-in.
when's the last time you bought one? Last few I bought back in 2013-16 were not up to snuff, but this one was much better than previous offerings. I still don't think it's worth full price, but they're much better than the archaic pieces they were known for.

when's the last time you bought one? Last few I bought back in 2013-16 were not up to snuff, but this one was much better than previous offerings. I still don't think it's worth full price, but they're much better than the archaic pieces they were known for.
The last one I bought was the astonishing cyclops. It's just hard for me to pay full price because the prices are comparable to Hot Toys and the Sideshow figures in hand are obviously of much lower quality. I just think they need to fill a niche if they want to offer them at current prices besides making comic characters as third parties have entered that space as well. Its just in every factor, Sideshow is inferior, whether it be articulation, paint, sculpt or accessories. Heck, even the figure stands and bases that come with Sideshow figures are really pathetic if you are charging $300 all-in.

The last one I bought was the astonishing cyclops. It's just hard for me to pay full price because the prices are comparable to Hot Toys and the Sideshow figures in hand are obviously of much lower quality. I just think they need to fill a niche if they want to offer them at current prices besides making comic characters as third parties have entered that space as well. Its just in every factor, Sideshow is inferior, whether it be articulation, paint, sculpt or accessories. Heck, even the figure stands and bases that come with Sideshow figures are really pathetic if you are charging $300 all-in.
I agree, they ought to be much less. I think 200 even would be fair for what they give us, Gambit didn't even come with extra cards for crying out loud. I don't think they're awful, but man, not a fan of paying A+ prices for something that's B+.

I wish their people read these forums for feedback but I don't think they care.

It's all about preference I guess. I've collected SSC's comic line since the beginning. They've had some duds early on but the last 8 or 7 releases have been pretty good. I plan on getting Soosootoys Gambit soon since I already purchased Goblin. But I must say, now that I have SSC's Gambit in hand I'd have to say it's pretty dope. Joints are nice and tight. Cut and sew is on point. The overcoat is pretty nice also. It has a paisley like inner lining. And the outer material almost feels like suede. I might be in the minority but I like the headsculpt. Lastly, the box artwork/packaging is definitely the best.

Attachments

• C360_20220115-211233-09.jpg
    C360_20220115-211233-09.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 79
  • C360_20220114-212143-52.jpg
    C360_20220114-212143-52.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 20220114_191124.jpg
    20220114_191124.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 20220114_191113.jpg
    20220114_191113.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220114_191048.jpg
    20220114_191048.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220114_191034.jpg
    20220114_191034.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220114_191017.jpg
    20220114_191017.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220114_190952.jpg
    20220114_190952.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 20220114_190940.jpg
    20220114_190940.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 69
It's all about preference I guess. I've collected SSC's comic line since the beginning. They've had some duds early on but the last 8 or 7 releases have been pretty good. I plan on getting Soosootoys Gambit soon since I already purchased Goblin. But I must say, now that I have SSC's Gambit in hand I'd have to say it's pretty dope. Joints are nice and tight. Cut and sew is on point. The overcoat is pretty nice also. It has a paisley like inner lining. And the outer material almost feels like suede. I might be in the minority but I like the headsculpt. Lastly, the box artwork/packaging is definitely the best.
I agree about the figure, and very much agree about the box artwork! Lee Weeks is the best when it comes to drawing Gambit!

Is the elbow double jointed on this one?

Although I do believe SS's figures have improved they do feel over-priced. I know my feelings don't set the market or the cost of the license. This figure when all is said and done is reaching $300. I don't see that kind of quality here.

Although I do believe SS's figures have improved they do feel over-priced. I know my feelings don't set the market or the cost of the license. This figure when all is said and done is reaching $300. I don't see that kind of quality here.
Agreed.

Cool, I am glad they atleast upgraded that. I was surprised when I got my Magneto before that he was single jointed.
Yea it’s sad that SS hasn’t developed double jointed large muscle arms for the bigger characters. Pure laziness on them. It’s one of my biggest gripes with their comic figures. They could literally copy and modify the HT Superman or Batfleck arms and put those on the larger characters but nope.

Last edited:
Cool, I am glad they at least upgraded that. I was surprised when I got my Magneto before that he was single jointed.
was he? that's kinda sad, their mags looked good. Is Gambit using a new body? I was shocked that he had ball jointed ankles, last few figures I had from them didn't, who else uses this body?

was he? that's kinda sad, their mags looked good. Is Gambit using a new body? I was shocked that he had ball jointed ankles, last few figures I had from them didn't, who else uses this body?
Sideshow basically uses 2 bodies (Not counting Wolverine or Cap). A smaller one like the Flash and and a bigger one like for Batman v2. Where they differ is in the arms they use (They swap them around). Everything else is the same (Below the chest). I've pretty much owned most of their DC and Marvel figures and I've swapped the bodies on all of them and that's what I've noticed.

I think Gambit is using the Flash body. I'm still debating changing his body due to the chest armor.

I believe Magneto is using the Batman v2 chest with Thor's arms.

Last edited:
Sideshow basically uses 2 bodies (Not counting Wolverine or Cap). A smaller one like the Flash and and a bigger one like for Batman v2. Where they differ is in the arms they use (They swap them around). Everything else is the same (Below the chest). I've pretty much owned most of their DC and Marvel figures and I've swapped the bodies on all of them and that's what I've noticed.

I think Gambit is using the Flash body. I'm still debating changing his body due to the chest armor.

what would you change it too? I might consider doing that in the future

There are some slight differences actually. They look very much the same but they do have varying differences.

Like I swapped he SS Flash Body with the SS Magneto body, and it wasn't just the arms that were different. The only thing they share were the abs and pelvis. The legs, chest and arms were all bigger on the Magneto body.

• They have the shorter slim that's been used on Luke Skywalker and Darth Maul
  • The have the taller slim that has the accordian/centipede torso that's been used on Daredevil, Joker V2, Ghost Rider, Mythos Boba Fett.
  • There's there's the slighter bulkier body that's on Flash and Red Skull. This is also the same one used on Nathan Drake, Indiana Jones and V2 Mythos Obiwan, but these have medium sculped muscle arms (like TTM19 size)
  • Then you have the biggest body like on Superman V2, Batman V2, Thor and Magneto. Cyclops shares this body but has smaller double jointed arms, which is the same body as Captain America but Cap doesn't have the chest piece.

There are some slight differences actually. They look very much the same but they do have varying differences.

Like I swapped he SS Flash Body with the SS Magneto body, and it wasn't just the arms that were different. The only thing they share were the abs and pelvis. The legs, chest and arms were all bigger on the Magneto body.

• They have the shorter slim that's been used on Luke Skywalker and Darth Maul
  • The have the taller slim that has the accordian/centipede torso that's been used on Daredevil, Joker V2, Ghost Rider, Mythos Boba Fett.
  • There's there's the slighter bulkier body that's on Flash and Red Skull. This is also the same one used on Nathan Drake, Indiana Jones and V2 Mythos Obiwan, but these have medium sculped muscle arms (like TTM19 size)
  • Then you have the biggest body like on Superman V2, Batman V2, Thor and Magneto. Cyclops shares this body but has smaller double jointed arms, which is the same body as Captain America but Cap doesn't have the chest piece.
I always figured they only had the slim and regular. I hadn't notice any differences, when comparing the bodies, but I guess I could be wrong. I forgot about the accordion DD type one.

Back