SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, then I think you and whoever else were insulted by those pics (wow) probably took it all more than a tad too seriously. And then you exacerbated the situation by going after the buyer and customizer personally, which is always worse than needling a company, imho.

I honestly thought there was more to this than just those silly comparison pics. I'm a bit befuddled by the fuss.

For the record, I didn't want it drawn out. I've stated such to Eighth when he did it and Elvis via PM. But you guys and your sewing circles. :lol

Yes seriously it's just some damn action figure and how can a pics like that can be insulting.

You should probably stop now.

6a00d83451bd9b69e20120a5256d1e970b-800wi

There're also the occasions where certain people don't have a clue what the ____ they're talking about and put their feet in their mouth giving their 2 pesos. A lesson you should've already learned from the DA thread. :huh

Are you saying that any thing I said in that thread was a lie or untrue or didn't unfold exactly as I said it would?

I'm not ashamed about telling someone that was in debt over there head and soon to be a father should find employment. Something that was validated by just about everyone when others were congratulated (deservingly so) for offering to help find him a job...

Spare me your criticism about where I speak my mind because even if I don't place it on the popular side, its not done willynilly and to appease my own immaturity or ego or to fling insults. You may have been on the popular side there, but that side wouldn't have been so great if he got into legal trouble based on your advise of taking as long as he wanted.

If the worst thing I ever did in this forum was to tell a broke soon to be father to get a job, I'm doing alright and I feel comfortable with that compared to being a ****** to people on a routine basis like yourself.

Last edited:

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol :exactly:

Are you saying that any thing I said in that thread was a lie or untrue or didn't unfold exactly as I said it would?

I'm not ashamed about telling someone that was in debt over there head and soon to be a father should find employment. Something that was validated by just about everyone when others were congratulated (deservingly so) for offering to help find him a job...

Spare me your criticism about where I speak my mind because even if I don't place it on the popular side, its not done willynilly and to appease my own immaturity or ego or to fling insults. You may have been on the popular side there, but that side wouldn't have been so great if he got into legal trouble based on your advise of taking as long as he wanted.

If the worst thing I ever did in this forum was to tell a broke soon to be father to get a job, I'm doing alright.

You have a knack for intruding into arguments and making already really, really volatile situations worse with little disregard for who it effects (in that case it was all the dozens of customers still waiting on jobs) so long as your ego is pampered. We saw it there and we're probably gonna see it here too. That's all I'm saying. You're a cool dude, but sometimes you should really just know when to butt out.

Telling immature people to stop being immature isn't "butting in" or papering my ego. Its asking for an improvement to the attitude of the forum so that people can actually enjoy it.

I'd rather read 1,000 posts of complaints in a SW thread than the childish goonery becoming popular in the Joe forum.

Everyone just needs to let people post their thoughts and not turn what someone says about a toy into personal insults.

Some posts a picture about a toy pissing on another toy and all of a sudden its like a family member was pissed on and needed some defending. Just silly.

Telling immature people to stop being immature isn't "butting in" or papering my ego. Its asking for an improvement to the attitude of the forum so that people can actually enjoy it.

I'd rather read 1,000 posts of complaints in a SW thread than the childish goonery becoming popular in the Joe forum.

Everyone just needs to let people post their thoughts and not turn what someone says about a toy into personal insults.

Some posts a picture about a toy pissing on another toy and all of a sudden its like a family member was pissed on and needed some defending. Just silly.

:slap:slap:slap

He's actually right on this one, though.

No, that's his opinion. My opinion is that those pictures were offensive, tacky and taken for no other reason than to pedestal an overpriced custom that really wasn't that much improved upon what Sideshow delivered. Do we really want to get into this again? It's gonna result in one of the mods coming in here, again, and doing a LOT of cleaning up and might even wind up with some of us infracted.

NOW... this is an old discussion and the parties involved have had more than their own say. For the sake of keeping the Joe section from suffering the likes of the A&R boards ATM and the Star Wars boards, I'm ironically in the place of being the one saying this is old ____ and we should probably move along... :lol

Well you know it's a bit inuslting for me.
1. It wasn't overprized
2. It wasn't an improvment over the official release because i made it before the sideshow one was released.

I'm also agreeing with his position that this forum has become, at times, every bit as bad as the Star Wars one in its infantile slap fights.

Well you know it's a bit inuslting for me.
1. It wasn't overprized
2. It wasn't an improvment over the official release because i made it before the sideshow one was released.

Of course you would take that route. You have a vested interest in it. And I believe Duke had already been announced before your custom was completed. :duh

I'm also agreeing with his position that this forum has become, at times, every bit as bad as the Star Wars one in its infantile slap fights.

And here you are provoking one? :dunno:lol

No, dude. I'm just saying... you might want to be a bit more tactful and less hostile and aggressive in your responses on here. The reaction to those pics is a decent example. You don't need to get personal every time a debate arises. Just a little friendly advice from a guy who doesn't have any infractions.

Of course you would take that route. You have a vested interest in it. And I believe Duke had already been announced before your custom was completed. :duh

You should have been a bit more tactful.
And I do think it wasn't overprized, the parts cost some money and I invested a lot of work into it.

No, dude. I'm just saying... you might want to be a bit more tactful and less hostile and aggressive in your responses on here. The reaction to those pics is a decent example. You don't need to get personal every time a debate arises. Just a little friendly advice from a guy who doesn't have any infractions.

124315046419BDQZ.jpg

personally, i'd find a discussion comparing stock figures vs custom figures interesting. put the opinions out there.

I'm not disagreeing with the right to do that by anymeans, but whats with the personal insults. Like I said, its not like SSC's Duke is a human with feelings that need to be protected. And its not like SSC's employees need their product defended. To start taking any of that personal is really sad and then to turn it around and attack the poster with a truly personal insult is petty.

Its like if someone said "John Elway is better than Joe Montana" and then the Montana fan comes starts ragging on the Elway fan's character or mother or something.

There's a big difference between Collector A ragging on a toy and Collector B ragging on Collector A as a rebuttle.

personally, i'd find a discussion comparing stock figures vs custom figures interesting. put the opinions out there.

I'm not disagreeing with the right to do that by anymeans, but whats with the personal insults. Like I said, its not like SSC's Duke is a human with feelings that need to be protected. And its not like SSC's employees need their product defended. To start taking any of that personal is really sad and then to turn it around and attack the poster with a more personal insult is petty.

I'll never complain about arguments or debates, but lets be mature.

We've moved on. You should too. ;)

Back