SSC Darth Maul resculpt & repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!!! That is perfection! :clap

Thanks. :)

Some new shots:

IMG_9649_2_small.jpg

IMG_9636_2_small2.jpg

Definitely beats what he looked like before any customization I think :lol (the picture is from 2008):

sscmaul1.jpg

Last edited:
Maul was one of my first SS purchases so I really love what you've done to improve this figure. As I was staring at Maul with that bad-@ss look, I swear a little bit of pee came out. :eek:

Now that is Darth Maul....great job on the repaint and resculpt.

i want my maul to look like that...that's sick...great job...

Great job on this man!

Maul was one of my first SS purchases so I really love what you've done to improve this figure. As I was staring at Maul with that bad-@ss look, I swear a little bit of pee came out. :eek:

Fantastic job, he looks so much better. You've really captured a great look.

Thanks a lot, fellas! :hi5:
He currently has the privilege to reside alone on a top Detolf shelf. :lol

Fantastic re sculpting on that Maul and beautiful paintwork! I am going to add some Teeth showing to mine (I have it planned out but not started yet). That is a fantastic Maul!:clap

Then carefully cut away his upper eyelids, to remove that tired/bored look he had in his eyes.

I was just looking at my stock head and wondered how you did this?^^^
How did you remove his upper eyelids? Are you a surgeon? That looks like some very detailed operating.

Fantastic re sculpting on that Maul and beautiful paintwork! I am going to add some Teeth showing to mine (I have it planned out but not started yet). That is a fantastic Maul!:clap

I would love a Maul sculpt with teeth showing as well, but my sculpting skills are definitely way too amateurish to try that. I would like to give it a try sometimes though.

Damn what a vast improvement! Now I want to do this to mine!

That is amazing! That paint job looks so perfect.

Thanks. :)

I was just looking at my stock head and wondered how you did this?^^^
How did you remove his upper eyelids? Are you a surgeon? That looks like some very detailed operating.

Haha, thanks man, but no, I'm not a surgeon. :lol I just took an xacto knife and took my time with it. It took quite a while until I was satisfied with the result. Here's a shot I took after removing the lids if you want to see it in more detail.

IMG_8599_small.jpg

Yeah I think the narrow paint on the chain, and of course the curvature above the eyes contribute most to that. The wider opened eyes make him look more fierce as well.

I'm no expert on anything SW so I don't know how close SS was with the tattoos, but they seem very mechanical. Sort of like what you would see on schematics. There is something very visceral and animalistic about Maul. You captured that aspect of him very well.

My only plans for Maul were to change the body, but you have now made me want more.:gah:

Wow! That is simply amazing work there! I wowuld never have even known that was the SS sculpt under there, truly astounding work!

I'm no expert on anything SW so I don't know how close SS was with the tattoos, but they seem very mechanical. Sort of like what you would see on schematics. There is something very visceral and animalistic about Maul. You captured that aspect of him very well.

My only plans for Maul were to change the body, but you have now made me want more.:gah:

Do it! :) You won't regret it, and you can only improve on the original sculpt/paint.

neat
looks very menacing
congratulations

Wow! That is simply amazing work there! I wowuld never have even known that was the SS sculpt under there, truly astounding work!

Sorry to be late to this thread. That Maul face looks amazing!

:clap

definitely looked more better. Great job!

Insanely neat. So well done. :rock

Much apprreciated, guys. :wave

I finally found some thin faux leather, so I can start tackling the gloves soon. :yess: I'll give the boots a try as well.

Back