Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Ok, so I put the PF together and have been admiring it for the last hour. It is a BEAST to say the least. I'll take a quick second to address what I think are the 3 issues this piece has. First armpit gate. There is no denying the fit of his costume is off around his pits. The seams are slightly off and to me it does take away from the statue IMHO. However, I don't think the issue is as big a deal as some have made it out to be. Again, this is just my opinion. Secondly, The dark skin tone on his face. While the dark paint is supposed to symbolize stubble, for me personally, I would have preferred a lighter skin tone. It is a bit dark but not enough to take away my enjoyment of the statue. I also think that Andy's head sculpt is the darkest. Martin's actually looks good to me as far as his skin tone is concerned. Lastly, the base. This is my biggest concern about the whole statue. It is just not well balanced and can easily tip over. This should be a concern to anyone that displays him. Please make certain that after you set him up, he is secure. If he is not, find something that will help secure the base. I used 2 felt pads the size of a quarter and just slid them under the base until he didn't wobble in the least bit. Believe it or not, this last issue is my biggest gripe. No one wants this piece toppling over and getting damaged or damaging any other pieces he's displayed next to. I'm happy to say that the extra felt pads I used give the base no room to wobble. Problem solved.

As for the overall look of the Bats PF itself...it is a masterpiece. This statue clearly will stand out in any collection. When I took the statue out of the box, my wife didn't even know it was mixed media. She thought it was fully sculpted. When I told her it wasn't, she didn't believe me. She actually had to touch the statue and see for herself that I wasn't kidding with her. That's how awesome the uniform looks on the statue. That also means a lot to me because I always prefer fully sculpted over mixed media. The choice of material for this PF was stellar. It really does look good. Would I still have preferred a fully sculpted PF? Probably. However, there is no denying just how great this statue looks as is. Peeps, from this point forward, there really isn't anything else I can do but heap praise upon the piece. It is huge and commands a large presence. Paint apps on mine are terrific. Even with what I consider to be minor issues (all except the base being wobbly) I would rate this statue a 9/10. Oh, by the way, IMHO...the batarang adds a lot to this piece.

that is exactly how I feel.

Nice figs mate looking beast.

Thanks. Was waiting on Batman to arrive to take new collection pics, but it looks like we are going to be selling the house in two weeks and will probably have to pack them all up, and sell some off.

Got mine today, took just a few pics. Over all I like it, but I think they painted the skin too dark. Its almost too big and dwarfs my other PF's. I am going to have to display him on his own I think.

He even makes the DCD GL look small...I thought that one would compare better Size wise.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

So are any shiny spots rub marks from styrofoam or do all of them have these spots? If they are rub spots any way to make them look not "shiny"

Got mine about 2.5 hours ago

11953578455_e3ab1b81e1_z.jpg
11954013074_3990beab82_z.jpg

11954014734_4ff45865cb_z.jpg

Mine seems glued too high. My bat symbol is very noticeably crooked and there's 0 room for me to futz around with it. But being glued high seems to also make that other issue look not as bad.
11954024644_24689d3c53_z.jpg

11954415906_7a0149f660_z.jpg

11954017554_1996e62a8c_z.jpg

11953586105_e154d099fe_z.jpg

11954420536_585abb0eb1_z.jpg
11954022234_d4967d9a67_z.jpg

Congrats to all you guys just receiving Bats he look amazing. Those that have issue I hope Customer Service looks after you well. They looked after me in the past so don't be worried about getting replacement parts and the like.

WHAT A BU BU BU BEAST!!!!!!!!!!

If you have this fig you are elite.

I most certainly feel the way you feel. This statue is not perfect, and I've criticized the armpit thing and I'm still not afraid to do so, but this is an amazing statue. I wanted to take pics with my Joker and Ivy, having missed a number of Avengers and having to get a few Regulars for X-Men I'm very happy my Batman PFs have all been Ex, but I don't even feel like getting to Joker and Ivy right now, I'm just looking at this Batman.

The symbol doesn't look very crooked to me, Peedi, and on the bright side, your pits are splendid! :hi5:

Yeah, I'm usually not one to settle without a a partial refund for minor issues, an exchange for things more serious or a flat out return if it's that bad, but given his twisting pose and how the cape falls, the crooked symbol is something I'll live with. A higher bat symbol is what most of us wanted anyway, right? :)

So is it safe to come back in this thread? I've been avoiding it cause of the negativity and hostility in here. Glad to back and seeing some awesome pictures of the Dark Knight. Can't wait till mine comes in the next few weeks. My final flex payment is on the 25th. So I'm looking at February before I get him. Can't wait. And I have to say I'm really liking the long ears more and more.

Guys I did something for my facebook page, if you like it feel free to use it:)
This is the image:
1527104_10152219408121096_1310493402_n.jpg

and it will look like this when you position it:
PbVKtmd.jpg

Last edited:

So is it safe to come back in this thread? I've been avoiding it cause of the negativity and hostility in here. Glad to back and seeing some awesome pictures of the Dark Knight. Can't wait till mine comes in the next few weeks. My final flex payment is on the 25th. So I'm looking at February before I get him. Can't wait. And I have to say I'm really liking the long ears more and more.

I'm there with but I may call them and see if they'll process it a little early with my punisher on the 22nd....getting two PFs in a day would be like a second Christmas :)

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm usually not one to settle without a a partial refund for minor issues, an exchange for things more serious or a flat out return if it's that bad, but given his twisting pose and how the cape falls, the crooked symbol is something I'll live with. A higher bat symbol is what most of us wanted anyway, right? :)

Honestly, yours looks pretty damn good. I'm jealous of your right pit!

Got mine it! Uploading pics now!! Woot! Love it.

Guys I did something for my facebook page, if you like it feel free to use it:)
This is the image:
1527104_10152219408121096_1310493402_n.jpg

and it will look like this when you position it:
PbVKtmd.jpg

Nice, I would live to use that as my sig. I'm going to have to learn how to do that kind of stuff.

#565 of the Exclusive. Here are some pics! My pics pale in comparison to most of you guys but thougth I would snap some pics next to the DC Museum Batman for you all to see. I still can't decide which head I prefer. But for now he's going to stay with the straight on head I think.

I really dig the detail on the base!
BatmanPF6.jpg

BatmanPF7.jpg

As you can see... he TOWERS over the DC Museum Batman!! It's an outstanding PF!

BatmanPF14.jpg

BatmanPF15.jpg

And here he is in with the rest of the Batman collection... HT Supes is a place holder for the Superman PF... I have the Joker PF boxed away so I may pop him in there in the interim. If ya like what ya see, feel free to give me some rep! :D

BatmanPF18.jpg

BatmanPF19.jpg

BatmanPF20.jpg

BatmanPF21.jpg

BatmanPF22.jpg

BatmanPF23.jpg

#565 of the Exclusive. Here are some pics! My pics pale in comparison to most of you guys but thougth I would snap some pics next to the DC Museum Batman for you all to see. I still can't decide which head I prefer. But for now he's going to stay with the straight on head I think.

I really dig the detail on the base!
BatmanPF6.jpg

BatmanPF7.jpg

As you can see... he TOWERS over the DC Museum Batman!! It's an outstanding PF!

BatmanPF14.jpg

BatmanPF15.jpg

And here he is in with the rest of the Batman collection... HT Supes is a place holder for the Superman PF... I have the Joker PF boxed away so I may pop him in there in the interim. If ya like what ya see, feel free to give me some rep! :D

BatmanPF18.jpg

BatmanPF19.jpg

BatmanPF20.jpg

BatmanPF21.jpg

BatmanPF22.jpg

BatmanPF23.jpg

Pretty cool! Is that a Koto statue there? How does it compare to the PF size wise? I known the PF is way bigger, but I just wanted to know by how much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back