Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Oh sure, I didn't take your comment as ripping on the reg. I agree that the Batarang looks nicer but I feel confident there will be some pretty cool custom pieces. Maybe other Batarang hands, grappling gun, ect.

Did you get the shipping invoice for Judge Death? I paid mine last night. Really looking forward to this piece as well.

No, I didn't get it...when did yours come in, just yesterday? I've been skeptical of their email system. I got a "second notice" asking for my address even though I responded the first time. I asked what was up, and they responded saying they have been having email issues...not sure what to make of it.

i still can't believe i missed the boat on the exclusive on this! the in hand pics and reviews of it so far look incredible! i'm gonna have to get this now! even though i would of preferred the exclusive, i can live with the regular. this will give my malgus pf a run for its money as my favorite pf's to date. this just looks so stunning!

Just got it. Very nice pf. Still think fully sculpted would have been better. The armpits annoy me. Wtf was with the cut out styro under the base? Also the base can easily tip over.

overall though it is very nice.

I just got mine but GUYS please HELP me out here

I took some pics of what I consider flaws but am I being to picky? On a few spots on his cape and his boot it is really shiny like a rub mark (from styfrofoam?).
Should I ask for a replacement or do they all have this or is there a way to fix it?

Also I am posting a pic of his head. His beard has a big dot on his chin that had paint scraped off that looks almost like a zit.

legrub.jpg
shinycape.jpg
facepaint.jpg

Some of those minor flaws can be overlooked,yet, the ? is can you overlook them? Id say take a shot with SS CS you might get a 50$ discount or even some replacements..Good luck bud!

No, I didn't get it...when did yours come in, just yesterday? I've been skeptical of their email system. I got a "second notice" asking for my address even though I responded the first time. I asked what was up, and they responded saying they have been having email issues...not sure what to make of it.

Yes, I got it yesterday. However all of the shipping quotes are for different regions in the US. Maybe they're sending separate emails for people that live outside the US. I also received two emails asking to verify my shipping address even though I responded the first time.

Yes, I got it yesterday. However all of the shipping quotes are for different regions in the US. Maybe they're sending separate emails for people that live outside the US. I also received two emails asking to verify my shipping address even though I responded the first time.

Hmmm...well I sent them an email just to be safe. I sure wish they had a phone number...it'd be a heck of a lot less stressful if I could just ask someone over the phone.

What a BEAST. PUNY HULK;)

[URL=https://s1072.photobucket.com/user/Daryl_Thorp-Jones/media/DSC07574_zpsb60bc2c5.jpg.html] [/URL]

He has just arrived safely in the UK I am glad to say. He has a few minor issues with the cloth but no more than my "grail" Thor PF exclusive has. He is bigger than Thor and the cape is more impressive IMO. Indeed he is bigger than most of my shelves and its cramped in a besta with the joker so I will probably display with the life sized bust at present. Both portraits are great with the short eared portrait looking better displayed from the side. However the long eared portrait is easily my favourite at present especially displaying BATS head on.

[URL=https://s1072.photobucket.com/user/Daryl_Thorp-Jones/media/DSC07591_zps30570c4b.jpg.html] [/URL]

Congrats Daryl! Looks awesome mate :clap

That shot next Hulk just made me realise how big it is :horror

I'm not a DC fan but it's a great addition to your collection.

Got mine today, took just a few pics. Over all I like it, but I think they painted the skin too dark. Its almost too big and dwarfs my other PF's. I am going to have to display him on his own I think.

Got mine today, took just a few pics. Over all I like it, but I think they painted the skin too dark. Its almost too big and dwarfs my other PF's. I am going to have to display him on his own I think.

Looks great! I like that pic on the wall behind them.

Ok, so I put the PF together and have been admiring it for the last hour. It is a BEAST to say the least. I'll take a quick second to address what I think are the 3 issues this piece has. First armpit gate. There is no denying the fit of his costume is off around his pits. The seams are slightly off and to me it does take away from the statue IMHO. However, I don't think the issue is as big a deal as some have made it out to be. Again, this is just my opinion. Secondly, The dark skin tone on his face. While the dark paint is supposed to symbolize stubble, for me personally, I would have preferred a lighter skin tone. It is a bit dark but not enough to take away my enjoyment of the statue. I also think that Andy's head sculpt is the darkest. Martin's actually looks good to me as far as his skin tone is concerned. Lastly, the base. This is my biggest concern about the whole statue. It is just not well balanced and can easily tip over. This should be a concern to anyone that displays him. Please make certain that after you set him up, he is secure. If he is not, find something that will help secure the base. I used 2 felt pads the size of a quarter and just slid them under the base until he didn't wobble in the least bit. Believe it or not, this last issue is my biggest gripe. No one wants this piece toppling over and getting damaged or damaging any other pieces he's displayed next to. I'm happy to say that the extra felt pads I used give the base no room to wobble. Problem solved.

As for the overall look of the Bats PF itself...it is a masterpiece. This statue clearly will stand out in any collection. When I took the statue out of the box, my wife didn't even know it was mixed media. She thought it was fully sculpted. When I told her it wasn't, she didn't believe me. She actually had to touch the statue and see for herself that I wasn't kidding with her. That's how awesome the uniform looks on the statue. That also means a lot to me because I always prefer fully sculpted over mixed media. The choice of material for this PF was stellar. It really does look good. Would I still have preferred a fully sculpted PF? Probably. However, there is no denying just how great this statue looks as is. Peeps, from this point forward, there really isn't anything else I can do but heap praise upon the piece. It is huge and commands a large presence. Paint apps on mine are terrific. Even with what I consider to be minor issues (all except the base being wobbly) I would rate this statue a 9/10. Oh, by the way, IMHO...the batarang adds a lot to this piece.

Congrats Daryl! Looks awesome mate :clap

That shot next Hulk just made me realise how big it is :horror

I'm not a DC fan but it's a great addition to your collection.

Hi Col, Thanks I am probably more of a DC fan so am looking at the Marvel pieces I have now and asking myself whats not essential, what do I pack up or sell?? D

Yep its undeniably a 9/10 piece and I agree the batarang is actually very large, very obvious and really rather cool to have.

Yeah, I have to agree. Once you have it displayed with the batarang, there is no turning back. I'm very glad I didn't miss out on the EX. Since I love this character so much, I would have to hunt down the EX on this piece. For me personally, I would just have to have it.

Back