SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, you got it right!

Supes is wayyyy better in hand! Don't pass it up!:)
I'm hoping that Superman won't disappoint me. I just purchased the SSC Catwoman. I chose her over Superman because she has more positive feedbacks than Supes. I'm still getting Superman though, once I got Harley Quinn.

Well, I have both an got to say Catwoman is, so far, the one I like the least of their DC line. I love the angry head, but the regular head? Not so much. The paint job isn't as good as Supes (it's still made in the old Sideshow way) and, size aside, I think that she's not much of an improvement over the DC direct figure. she's no worse either, mind you, just more expensive, and we don't even get a cat accessory!

dc directs modern catwoman was plagued with qc's issues. the head on mine is super loose, the plastic costume is terrible and the boots even worse. The outfit leaves it impossible to pose anything other than vanilla.

good for its time i guess?, as we had nothing else but not in the same league as SSC. SSC isn't perfect but i think its a huge improvement on what dc direct gave us.

Just got this guy at my local comic shop brand new for $157! I LOVE HIM!!! Sooooo much better in person, he looks okay in online pics but he's a whole different figure in hand, makes me wonder if maybe Superman isn't quite as bad as he looks?

Now that is a decent price, for that price even Superman looks good :lol

Well, I have both an got to say Catwoman is, so far, the one I like the least of their DC line. I love the angry head, but the regular head? Not so much. The paint job isn't as good as Supes (it's still made in the old Sideshow way) and, size aside, I think that she's not much of an improvement over the DC direct figure. she's no worse either, mind you, just more expensive, and we don't even get a cat accessory!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on bought figures. I finally saw the actual Superman at local hobby shop. I got to agree with people saying that his proportion is a bit off from his body, probably because his jaw makes his head looks big. But I agree with you that the paint app is so much better. But most female figures don't really have the same quality of paint apps as male figures, even for Hot Toys. So I could forgive Cat's paint apps. I am happy that I got her first. I am still getting Supes though, I still like him and will not pass on him. 😊

Last edited:
I received mine from MovieFigures.co.uk this morning. I was going to swap out the cowl sculpts, but seeing the standard short eared sculpt, I think that I will keep that one on Bats. The cape... there is so much of it, allowing for plenty of posing possibilities. And I don't know if it is just me, but Bats looks a little less less bulky in hand.

My Bats has already developed loose left elbow syndrome, and I have barely moved his arm. Trying to make lemonade from lemons, at least I can still pose him with his arms at his sides, or under the cape.

My Bats has already developed loose left elbow syndrome, and I have barely moved his arm. Trying to make lemonade from lemons, at least I can still pose him with his arms at his sides, or under the cape.

Mine had a loose right elbow right out of the box brand new. It can't hold a bend elbow at all. Figure still looks cool so like you, I'm just making do with what I got and posing him with his arm by his side.

Mine had a loose right elbow right out of the box brand new. It can't hold a bend elbow at all. Figure still looks cool so like you, I'm just making do with what I got and posing him with his arm by his side.

Looking back through this thread, loose joints seem to be a common problem. Is there any chance that Sideshow will use a different body for the Gotham Knight Bats? Or should I just save my money for the Batman Returns Bats.

I think that's what I will do. Unless Sideshow use a different body, I will skip the Gotham Knight, and pick up the Batman Returns Bats.

Looking back through this thread, loose joints seem to be a common problem. Is there any chance that Sideshow will use a different body for the Gotham Knight Bats? Or should I just save my money for the Batman Returns Bats.

Loose joint (singular). It appears to be the left elbow that has the issue. I'm sure SS will correct that. Besides, comic Bats is way better than the movie one.

Loose joint (singular). It appears to be the left elbow that has the issue. I'm sure SS will correct that. Besides, comic Bats is way better than the movie one.

I wouldn't bet on it. But by the time the figure is released in the UK, it should have been released in the US long enough for any QC issues to come to life.

I have not read any batman comics, so I can't say which one is better. But I like the Burton/Keaton films, and would like to own one of those two Bats. Seeing as how I missed out on the first one, and it's prices are now a little rich for my wallet. If I could one pick one, out of the Gotham Night, and Batman Returns, I would pick the latter. But if SSC use a more durable body for the Gotham Knight, then I might consider getting both.

Back