SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, this is a great figure in hand. If SSC could deliver this quality on just about every release, I would be a believer again.

Yup. Easily became one of my favorite 1/6 Batman.

The knees are not bad at all in person. I just probably took the shot at a wrong angle. 😊

Definitely one of Sideshow's best efforts. My only issue is the greenish hue to the skin, but if it really bothered me, I could hire someone to repaint it.

Definitely one of Sideshow's best efforts. My only issue is the greenish hue to the skin, but if it really bothered me, I could hire someone to repaint it.

Yeah, one of SSC finest releases. I'm not sure though if it's my mild colorblindness, or the severity of the green tone on the faceplate varies per figure as I don't see it in mine even in hand.

In spite of the lack of "nose" that was on the proto, I love this version's neutral faceplate and prefer it over the proto of the black version. However its angry face is better than this version's angry face, IMO, and might still get it if it turns out well. Can't have enough comic-look Bats :)

P3090819Deet_zps0j4tcdcf.jpg

Yeah, one of SSC finest releases. I'm not sure though if it's my mild colorblindness, or the severity of the green tone on the faceplate varies per figure as I don't see it in mine even in hand.

In spite of the lack of "nose" that was on the proto, I love this version's neutral faceplate and prefer it over the proto of the black version. However its angry face is better than this version's angry face, IMO, and might still get it if it turns out well. Can't have enough comic-look Bats :)
I agree fully with this. I much prefer the Blue's stoic face, and the Black's angry face.
Like you, my faceplates don't seem to have any "green" hue....

Is yours untouched? Mine is definitely more greenish.

No, it's not :) The only mod I did for both heads were painting the entire eye inserts white then finishing it with a gloss coat, I didn't do anything to either of the faceplates at all.

I agree fully with this. I much prefer the Blue's stoic face, and the Black's angry face.
Like you, my faceplates don't seem to have any "green" hue....

Then I guess we could say that it varies on every figure. Perhaps in production batches? Mine doesn't have the loose elbows either.

I'll take a picture tomorrow, since I won't be home till well after midnight. It's good to see that it's an exception, and not the way they all turned out.

No, it's not :) The only mod I did for both heads were painting the entire eye inserts white then finishing it with a gloss coat, I didn't do anything to either of the faceplates at all.

Then I guess we could say that it varies on every figure. Perhaps in production batches? Mine doesn't have the loose elbows either.

No green on mine, but definitely had the loose elbows. I took the old body apart to see what was going on and the elbow design is inherently weak. It's just a thin plastic insert that ratchets, but it's not solid and therefore snapped while being put together probably. Was an easy fix, but I think a small design change would eliminate the problem.

No green on mine, but definitely had the loose elbows. I took the old body apart to see what was going on and the elbow design is inherently weak. It's just a thin plastic insert that ratchets, but it's not solid and therefore snapped while being put together probably. Was an easy fix, but I think a small design change would eliminate the problem.

Hmmm. That sounds exactly like the hips/thighs of SSC's new female base bodies. Some got loose hips on their Catwoman, Harley, and Baroness figures, and upon disrobing it was found out that the pelvis which holds the thigh pegs are made of thin, brittle plastic.

I think the skin color can indeed vary from fig to fig. I have three of those and the color is constant, though a tad more greenish than on this pic. However, I also have three Supes and my exclusive has less red in the face than my two regulars!

I don't have any greenish hue on mine as well. Mine is just as nice as how it should be. Could you post a photo of your figure here? [emoji4]

Looking at the new PF, it's a shame they didn't put a yellow logo on this guy. It's such a missed opportunity and it would help to differentiate him from the upcoming black version.

Looking at the new PF, it's a shame they didn't put a yellow logo on this guy. It's such a missed opportunity and it would help to differentiate him from the upcoming black version.

I think I understand why they have done away with the yellow oval. This looks more inspired by Jim Lee's design from the Hush storyline. If SSC makes a Neal Adams-inspired version (and I hope they do), then we can have the blue cowl with yellow oval emblem and classic capsules-utility belt. That Would also look best on a slimmer body.

Just got this guy at my local comic shop brand new for $157! I LOVE HIM!!! Sooooo much better in person, he looks okay in online pics but he's a whole different figure in hand, makes me wonder if maybe Superman isn't quite as bad as he looks?

Back