SS Legolas PF !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Legolas PF Next !!!!

img0292e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Honestly man, it doesn't look too bad. I have seen him turn out worse. It may be the quality of the images playing tricks with me but that one looks acceptable.

Ringer,you are right,maybe isn't too bad...but it seems to me quite unusual pay 300$ for a statue hand painted with defect (maybe low degree)on his glance,the very first thing you look in a collecto model...
However, i agree with stormtrooper,can be very interesting see Legolas photos and see the difference...i'll post new (better) pics too

I'd send it back Marco. Did you buy from Sideshow directly?

Please LOTRFan, can you post pics of yours Legolas without "the eye" to see the diference
Thank you

Matt's pics are on Pg 125 and whilst the left eye on mine looks a little off centre it doesn't appear as noticeable as some of the pics here.Of course that could be due to the pics being so much closer but i'm pretty happy with this classy Elf.:D

Yes ,i buy directly from SS
Pics are quite close,right,but it's normal ...if you look someone close his eyes don't turn in 2 different direction..
However for SS is not a defect so serious and offer me a very little discount..
Now i send new photos (this pics up here) and i 'm waiting for an answer...but for me as international buyer is a great problem...shipping cost with VAT and custom fees are 120$...if i must repay it other 2 times (Italy-USA USA-ITaly) it can be most expensive than the PF value
My great disapoint is quality control for these items....damn,the look in a human statue is the soul of the item..i can understand a little defect on cloth or something else , but the eyes are too much important...and maybe the right solution for eyes is put fake eyes like lurtz or berserk and not paint it

Yes ,i buy directly from SS
Pics are quite close,right,but it's normal ...if you look someone close his eyes don't turn in 2 different direction..
However for SS is not a defect so serious and offer me a very little discount..
Now i send new photos (this pics up here) and i 'm waiting for an answer...but for me as international buyer is a great problem...shipping cost with VAT and custom fees are 120$...if i must repay it other 2 times (Italy-USA USA-ITaly) it can be most expensive than the PF value
My great disapoint is quality control for these items....damn,the look in a human statue is the soul of the item..i can understand a little defect on cloth or something else , but the eyes are too much important...and maybe the right solution for eyes is put fake eyes like lurtz or berserk and not paint it

I don't blame you man and sorry to hear about your problem. :( For the amount you pay plus shipping, I would be extremely upset myself. Eyes are the first thing you need to get right for a piece to look good and like you said more vital than a small cloth defect. I agree with you about the fake eyes, they will probably make him look much better, it's becoming obvious they do a bad job when it's painted on (probably just to save cost). It's actually the reason I don't get more pieces with face paints (and more with masks).

Good luck with getting a replacement man!

Thank you :)
Really,isn't all bad,but when you love so much a statue and wait for 11 months ... all you can be is upset,of sure...

My exclusive is coming at the end of the month, after my final flexpayment is charged. But now I'm starting to worry about getting one that has severe chameleon-eye. It's like the Frank Black figure from the X-Files line all over again... :banghead

Thank you :)
Really,isn't all bad,but when you love so much a statue and wait for 11 months ... all you can be is upset,of sure...

Good luck Marco hope it works out for you and others who have the same problem.;)

What makes me laugh is Sideshow's refusal that anything is wrong!! Despite a few people e-mailing them to complain.

True the reply we saw was a bit of a joke.:confused:

Today I'm veeery sad and disapointed.
Do you want to laugh??
Ok,today is arrive my Blackbeard Pf,i had paid it 424 $ + 120$ custom and....there isn't the HEAD!!!!
Man,how can be?????But quality control exist??Ot it is a great lie??
I 'm so upset!! I feel so bad!!
After my Leggy (and other Leggy)i though that maybe control are very low degree quality,now i think there isn't any kind of control...
SS is working so bad in last time,it' sad to say,but it is true

Back