SS Legolas PF !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Legolas PF Next !!!!

I've had replacements sent internationally and if I recall correctly they have a declared value of $0, so you may not have to pay VAT again, and certainly not shipping. Don't lose hope yet!

Today I'm veeery sad and disapointed.
Do you want to laugh??
Ok,today is arrive my Blackbeard Pf,i had paid it 424 $ + 120$ custom and....there isn't the HEAD!!!!
Man,how can be?????But quality control exist??Ot it is a great lie??
I 'm so upset!! I feel so bad!!
After my Leggy (and other Leggy)i though that maybe control are very low degree quality,now i think there isn't any kind of control...
SS is working so bad in last time,it' sad to say,but it is true

The head is completely missing??!! Wow! :horror

Do you want to laugh??
Ok,today is arrive my Blackbeard Pf,i had paid it 424 $ + 120$ custom and....there isn't the HEAD!!!!
After my Leggy (and other Leggy)i though that maybe control are very low degree quality,now i think there isn't any kind of control...

Pirates! They will take anything they can !! :lol

You are really having a bad run of luck Marco and I hope SS's famed customer service can sort these problems out as they have done in the past. Good luck :peace

Time to give the QC people a kick in the backside I think

Do you want to laugh??

Whoa the missed the whole head. That's in another realm of QC all together if you miss a whole head. :x Hope it gets fixed soon Marco. That sucks.

Last edited:

I was about to say "Don't lose the head"! with SS but oops ..too late! :lol

Seriously though I am sure they will sort it out for you, but bad luck for you :monkey2

Are the QA people working? Or just busy having tea breaks? Missing a small accessory here and there is no good but still acceptable if it is an occassional incident. But missing a full head for a 1/4 scale figure? How can that be? So what's next? An empty Premium Format box shipped to customers with the full figure missing? Come on, Sideshow! It is time to kick some a**..... in the factory.

Do you want to laugh??

Just to play devil's advocate for a minute here, you did check the special compartment for the head, right? It is covered with foam, and I guess it could be missed. :dunno

In any case, my PF came with a broken head and SS was able to send a replacement by itself to me. It came in a totally separate foam box, and was well protected. :wave

Good luck man. :peace

Just to play devil's advocate for a minute here, you did check the special compartment for the head, right? It is covered with foam, and I guess it could be missed. :dunno

In any case, my PF came with a broken head and SS was able to send a replacement by itself to me. It came in a totally separate foam box, and was well protected. :wave

Good luck man. :peace

The head was a seperate piece? Maybe that will explain it then.

In the Swiss Alps

pizzalegolas1.jpg

pizzalegolas3.jpg

pizzalegolas4.jpg

pizzalegolas5.jpg

pizzalegolas6.jpg

pizzalegolas7.jpg

pizzalegolas2.jpg

I had Flexpay payments scheduled for February/March/April, but I got my tax return last week and so I called Sideshow today and told them to just charge it all at once and ship it as soon as it's ready. They didn't waste any time--it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow, lol.

Very nice pics. I may have to pick this one up after all.

I had Flexpay payments scheduled for February/March/April, but I got my tax return last week and so I called Sideshow today and told them to just charge it all at once and ship it as soon as it's ready. They didn't waste any time--it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow, lol.

Tax refunds are great!!! :D
Got my Legolas today, will show piccies later!

Tax refunds are great!!! :D
Got my Legolas today, will show piccies later!

Ha! We're all in the same boat. Mine was delivered today, but I took the day off from work, so I won't have Legolas in hand until tomorrow.

My Legolas Ex arrived today. Edition number 246. It defintely looks very good in hand although I find it a bit too small in size. This is quite obvious when I displayed Legolas next to my Leonidas PF figure. Despite this, I am still quite happy with Legolas overall and it currently ranks as one of my most favourite item in my collection.

Sigh... I guess it had to happen sometime. After 38 orders shipped from Sideshow without any damage or imperfections, the 39th order has one.

My Legolas PF #220 arrived yesterday, and is perfect except for one thing: the quiver harness on the left side of Legolas' body (under the bow arm, not the arm drawing the arrow) was unattached. It looks like the glue they used to attach the pieces wasn't enough. Nothing big, just a very minor issue, but one that I must admit irks me slightly. So I took some superglue and fixed it myself, but in my haste (and stupidity) I didn't reference any pics and it's not attached like it was intended to be. It doesn't look that bad, but it's not the way it was intended. So I'm left with two options: attempting to fix it myself again, or contacting Sideshow and asking for a replacement. I'm a little hesitant to ask for a replacement because the piece I received (minus the harness issue) seems perfect. I've never had to contact Sideshow to have a piece replaced before, and this seems like a minor issue; plus I don't want to get stuck with a piece that may have other issues.

Any suggestions?

Sigh... I guess it had to happen sometime. After 38 orders shipped from Sideshow without any damage or imperfections, the 39th order has one.

My Legolas PF #220 arrived yesterday, and is perfect except for one thing: the quiver harness on the left side of Legolas' body (under the bow arm, not the arm drawing the arrow) was unattached. It looks like the glue they used to attach the pieces wasn't enough. Nothing big, just a very minor issue, but one that I must admit irks me slightly. So I took some superglue and fixed it myself, but in my haste (and stupidity) I didn't reference any pics and it's not attached like it was intended to be. It doesn't look that bad, but it's not the way it was intended. So I'm left with two options: attempting to fix it myself again, or contacting Sideshow and asking for a replacement. I'm a little hesitant to ask for a replacement because the piece I received (minus the harness issue) seems perfect. I've never had to contact Sideshow to have a piece replaced before, and this seems like a minor issue; plus I don't want to get stuck with a piece that may have other issues.

Any suggestions?

Can you just refix it?

If you have one without the :google, I would keep it.

A SHOUT-OUT TO EVERYONE WHO PURCHASED THIS PF BUT DIDN'T POST PICS:

Please take a few seconds to jot down whether your Leggy had "SS/Marty Feldman Eye". Looking through the Legolas PF threads on 3 forums (this, SF and S&F), there are 19 people who posted pics. Out of those, 10 appeared to have the malady, ranging from "mild" to "bad". According to one buyer, in Europe, SS acted like it "was supposed to be like that", though his pic to them showed a very real deviation from the statue displayed at SDCC (not to mention other collector pics that show a perfectly painted eye).

I have one of these coming in April (I switched to Flex when I began hearing about the problem). If this something fairly common, I'd rather cancel and wait for the Legolas maquette. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Back