SS Legolas PF !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Legolas PF Next !!!!

I have one of these coming in April (I switched to Flex when I began hearing about the problem). If this something fairly common, I'd rather cancel and wait for the Legolas maquette. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I sent a PM to you.

Can you just refix it?

If you have one without the :google, I would keep it.

Yeah, I ended up fixing it myself. Luckily the glue on my first repair job hadn't hardened completely yet, so I pulled the straps apart. Using reference pics from this very thread and Sideshow's own site, I did the necessary repairs. Did a pretty good job if I do say so myself, with nary any indication of the straps being unattached in the first place. It still irks me that a $300 piece was imperfect (not to mention my streak of 38 SS products being undamaged broken), but I didn't want to risk getting a lazy eye Legolas.

A SHOUT-OUT TO EVERYONE WHO PURCHASED THIS PF BUT DIDN'T POST PICS:

Please take a few seconds to jot down whether your Leggy had "SS/Marty Feldman Eye". Looking through the Legolas PF threads on 3 forums (this, SF and S&F), there are 19 people who posted pics. Out of those, 10 appeared to have the malady, ranging from "mild" to "bad". According to one buyer, in Europe, SS acted like it "was supposed to be like that", though his pic to them showed a very real deviation from the statue displayed at SDCC (not to mention other collector pics that show a perfectly painted eye).

I have one of these coming in April (I switched to Flex when I began hearing about the problem). If this something fairly common, I'd rather cancel and wait for the Legolas maquette. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The painted eyes on my piece are fine. That's why I decided to do the repair on my own.

Last edited:

A SHOUT-OUT TO EVERYONE WHO PURCHASED THIS PF BUT DIDN'T POST PICS:

Please take a few seconds to jot down whether your Leggy had "SS/Marty Feldman Eye". Looking through the Legolas PF threads on 3 forums (this, SF and S&F), there are 19 people who posted pics. Out of those, 10 appeared to have the malady, ranging from "mild" to "bad". According to one buyer, in Europe, SS acted like it "was supposed to be like that", though his pic to them showed a very real deviation from the statue displayed at SDCC (not to mention other collector pics that show a perfectly painted eye).

Do you know if those are exclusives or not and if the numbers are low or high?

I got a regular Legolas and he doesn't suffer from the odd "Marty Feldman" look that I have seen here on the board. He is looking off to one side, but thankfully both eyes are pointing the right direction.

Good luck!

Do you know if those are exclusives or not and if the numbers are low or high?

This question was related to a post I made regarding the number of "Mart Feldman Eye" Leggy PFs reported by buyers.

It was all across the board, with no pattern (about equal numbers of regular and Ex, both low and higher numbers). I still think it was probably one or two specific workers at the factory who got it wrong.

Moral of the story, never paint eyes just before lunch break :whip .... if they get one. :horror

This is a really good piece. Luckily, I didn't get a googly eyed Legolas. I'm really impressed by the face sculpt and craftmanship of this piece. If I had to rank the LOTR PFs I have, it would go as follows:

Uruk-Hai Berserker
Lurtz
Aragorn
Moria Orc
Legolas
Gandalf the White

I didn't purchase Frodo or Galadriel. Even though Legolas is only above Gandalf the White in my opinion, this is more of a commentary on the quality of Sideshow's LOTR PF line as a whole rather than Legolas individually.

There were a few mis-steps in the costuming on Aragorn for me, esp with the leather bits of his tunic and that the Leaf of Lothlorien appears a bit too large; while I think Sideshow really nailed Legolas as far as costume.

My ranking:

Lurtz
Berserker
Legolas
Aragorn
Moria Orc
Frodo
Galadriel
Gandalf the White

Gandalf the Grey will certainly shake up that ranking, if production holds. :banana

There were a few mis-steps in the costuming on Aragorn for me, esp with the leather bits of his tunic and that the Leaf of Lothlorien appears a bit too large; while I think Sideshow really nailed Legolas as far as costume.

My ranking:

Lurtz
Berserker
Legolas
Aragorn
Moria Orc
Frodo
Galadriel
Gandalf the White

Gandalf the Grey will certainly shake up that ranking, if production holds. :banana

I couldn't agree any more. :lecture

Got my shipping notice for U.K at $28 ish. Has any U.K based members recieved thiers and what charges were added? :peace

I didn't order this one but would be very interested to hear what your totals are including shipping/customs on this when it arrives. Hope its not too bad because $28 shipping is VERY good so wait and see what customs charges there will be.

Back