SS Legolas PF !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Legolas PF Next !!!!

If there is anyone who want me to repaint Legolas eyes, PM me.

I will be glad to do so.....

If only you lived in Australia or better yet, Adelaide. I could keep you employed for a few days doing a whole bunch of repaints and little touch ups on a whole bunch of statues.

I have him on Flexpay and I can't wait to repaint his eyes. It is a good thing to be a professional painter...I know exactly what to do...

I wish I could help. here are some of the eyes I've painted...

orc.jpg

were.jpg

I have him on Flexpay and I can't wait to repaint his eyes. It is a good thing to be a professional painter...I know exactly what to do...

If you could take the head off and ship it to you, I'd do it, but shiping the whole thing just for an eye fix is too scary for me. :lol

It's amazing how calm the 'Freaks' are being about a boss-eyed, $300+ figure are being: compared to the 'Santa Orc' lynching mob (self included, initially) that was incensed at possible 're-modelling' just over a year ago! :lol
Nothing more gutting than having a fantastic piece let down by crappy QC, even if it's 1 in 100 :sick

It's amazing how calm the 'Freaks' are being about a boss-eyed, $300+ figure are being: compared to the 'Santa Orc' lynching mob (self included, initially) that was incensed at possible 're-modelling' just over a year ago! :lol
Nothing more gutting than having a fantastic piece let down by crappy QC, even if it's 1 in 100 :sick
I liked the "Santa Orc". Didn't bother me a bit.

IMO, this PF looks great. I'm happy with it.

You blow up any PF or figure and you can pick it apart. Who normally gets that close to them?

Called SS and had them charge my last FLEX payment early. Already shipped out, and will be here Monday!!

There is a problem with the custom elven cloak. Unfortunatly it's impossible to make it. Although belts and quiver are easy to remove, the way the quiver is attached with the belts is the handicap. :/

Mission Elven Cloak failed!

I liked the "Santa Orc". Didn't bother me a bit.

IMO, this PF looks great. I'm happy with it.

You blow up any PF or figure and you can pick it apart. Who normally gets that close to them?

Yeah, the MO turned out O.K for me to. Just noticing the level of 'SS eye' getting higher is all, and eyes on a 'human' figure is one of the first things you look at as we tend to look at the face first. Reading a recent reply from SS customer support about this issue of the eyes may surprise some who have recieved a Leggy with a dodgy paint job! (not good news) :sick

Still looking forward to this one though and hoping he arrives without his eyes being rattled apart! :lol

I hate the left eye of my Legolas PF but I´m in Spain, I should considering getting a spaniard to paint that eye.

My last payment is at the end of this month. Then I can be one of those who have an exclusive verion of this very awesome looking piece.
Can't wait :banana

I hate the left eye of my Legolas PF but I´m in Spain, I should considering getting a spaniard to paint that eye.

Yeah, I would b pissed if the eye was bad after I paid so much for it. To me it doesn't matter how good the rest of the piece is. The first thing I notice about any figures are the eyes and that's the most important thing when I paint as well. There is no excuse for piss poor paint jobs on eyes and a realistic looking eye can do wonders for a pieces.

SS what tell about this eye?
How can pass quality control a statue (1000 pieces) with a paint eye so bad??--- I can't understand...

I wish I could help. here are some of the eyes I've painted...

orc.jpg

were.jpg

Damn man that's some nice painting there. Very nice lifelike eyes!

1) They acually have very nice shine to them.
2) They are looking towards the right direction.
4) They have incredible tones.
3) The add so much life to the piece.

Sideshow painters need to take some tips from u :rolleyes:
Awesome job.

Damn man that's some nice painting there. Very nice lifelike eyes!

1) They acually have very nice shine to them.
2) They are looking towards the right direction.
4) They have incredible tones.
3) The add so much life to the piece.

Sideshow painters need to take some tips from u :rolleyes:
Awesome job.

:D Thank you Fuzzy! I'm sure they have great painters there but when the thing is mass produced, they can't spend a lot of time detailing the eyes like I did.

If I ever get Legolas I will do a repaint for his eyes and take pics....

:D Thank you Fuzzy! I'm sure they have great painters there but when the thing is mass produced, they can't spend a lot of time detailing the eyes like I did.

If I ever get Legolas I will do a repaint for his eyes and take pics....

Sounds good man, I'm looking forward to that :) You got anymore pics of custom pieces?

Back