SS Classic Universal Monsters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has got me looking at ebay aswell, i can't believe how reasonable some of the prices are! I could do with an Invisible Man and a Wolfman.

yeah, if you are patient, deals abound. like EF said, the only ones that will really cost you are the creature and the mummy. thought the hardest for me to find was the phantom/red death.

Yeah i was lucky enough to get a Red Death as a birthday present many moons ago. What's the Mummy figure like? I've got the Ardeth Bay which i love, the Mummy looks pretty ordinary by comparison.

Red Death Phantom is my favorite SS UniMonster.

The Mummy is a kewl figure, but the bandages are wrapped tight so he can't be posed . . .

yeah, sse frankenstein and the red death figure are my favorites i think (along with the creature, sse london after midnight and the phantom). the mummy figure is cool but, yeah, bandages are super tight. he is a neat figure though.

it is a great line and still one of my favorites. they all look amazing and all of them are really well done and great representations of the characters. this line is what got me started with sideshow (via tru). had the same feeling picking them up as i did when i got the 3 3/4'' remco monster figures as a kid.

Last edited:
My problem with the universal monster stuff is that I can't buy just one of them...I've always got to get them all.

That being said, these figures have always been calling to me. Really cool, I think they hold up really well.

THE SS SSE PFs were the best!......I'm still pissed off this great line was ended...

They are great figures. Sure they were made some 6-9 years ago but still hold up great today.

Creature From The Black Lagoon and The Mummy will cost ya, but the rest can be had for a decent price.

shelf_20.jpg

shelf_21.jpg

No Mr. Hyde??? He's not "Universal" but a great classic horror figure!

Agreed, Sideshow's UM's are among their best figures.
There's a wonderful quality to them that is hard to pinpoint. Even though the outfits, bodies and paint apps are quite dated by now, they still look fantastic overall.
I love mine.

yeah, abake. there is just something timeless and classic to all of them. especially together. seeing pics of freaks' displays just makes me go 'wow' everytime...and see min everyday. i never get tired of seeing universal collections/threads.

there are a few that i don't think are dated at all. the sse frankenstein is still an amazing looking figure. it's such a perfect representation of the screen look i can't imagine it being any better. plus, how articulated does the moster really need to be? i love the sculpted wrists and the head sculpt is spot on. he is one of the few that i really prefer the sse version over the color version. the mask of the red death is another that is still just an absolutely flooring gorgeous figure.

I broke down and picked up a Bride of Frankenstein Frankie for a flat $65 including S&H :frank. There was one for a flat $50 but I always get weary when an item on ebay is "sold as is". It was hard to choose which Monster to get but I picked up the Bride version cause he the original seems to be easier found at good price. Anyway can't wait for him to arrive. I'm sure I'll be picking up the original Monster soon too.

When Sideshow initially released these...I wasnt very impressed with their first two offerings of Frankenstein and their anemic anorexic Wolfman(too skinny!). It wasnt until I went into Media Play and saw the gorgeous Phantom of the Opera and Nosferatu that I was hooked. I have them all now(color versions). I got my army of Frankensteins for 1/2 price, and they sent me a free Bela the gypsy and Fritz. Mustve been trying to clearance the less popular characters.:peace

Never did get my Chaney Mummy or Count Alucard, Countess Zeleska: Dracula's Daughter, Carradine Dracula, or Maleva and Ygor. Ahhh yes~~the possibilities were there to continue, but alas--it was not meant to be.:thud:

I have most of them and they are great. Some as low as $30. Creature and Mummy are the 2 high dollar ones.

I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to find a reasonably priced Lugosi Dracula for a couple years now.

Back