SS Classic Universal Monsters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheapest I've seen a 12" Lugosi Dracula lately was $110. Still not a horrible price imo and the figure itself looks really good especially considering it's about 10 years old. My only real complaint about the figure is I wish SS had given him a more serious expression. I'm gonna concentrate on getting a 1931 Frankie and The Bride first but a Lugosi Drac is definitely on my list.

Define "reasonably priced." :lol

Not to say Anzik is an example of this, so I will clarify that now.....but there are many many cheapskates who have wine tastes on moonshine budgets. So their idea of reasonable is "free".

I sell stuff on ebay from time to time, and every time I put something really good on--- I am literally besieged with goofy emails asking me to sell items lower, offer free shipping, or someone from a foreign country (usually Spain or Brazil) asks me how much to ship to them. They can use a shipping calculator just as easily as I can. If they have had items shipped to them, then they know its not cheap to get American items into their country. Its done trying to trip me up into giving them a low shipping quote. Once given they hold your feet to the fire on it too.

Reasonable for a SSC 12 Lugosi color version of a Dracula figure is $90-125. Problem is, cheap people want to pay about $45.00 for one. If they wanted to pay that much for one, they should've bought it when it was first released. Now its collectible, and more expensive on the secondary market. Just sayin'.:peace:monkey3

If you wait long enough you can snag stuff for good prices on eBay.
I was watching and bidding on various SSC 12" Lugosi color Draculas for almost 6-9 months until I finally won one for $50 ($60 shipped). It was boxed, had been opened and displayed, but perfect shape. He's an amazing figure too. I love it.

Not to say Anzik is an example of this, so I will clarify that now.....but there are many many cheapskates who have wine tastes on moonshine budgets. So their idea of reasonable is "free".

I sell stuff on ebay from time to time, and every time I put something really good on--- I am literally besieged with goofy emails asking me to sell items lower, offer free shipping, or someone from a foreign country (usually Spain or Brazil) asks me how much to ship to them. They can use a shipping calculator just as easily as I can. If they have had items shipped to them, then they know its not cheap to get American items into their country. Its done trying to trip me up into giving them a low shipping quote. Once given they hold your feet to the fire on it too.

Reasonable for a SSC 12 Lugosi color version of a Dracula figure is $90-125. Problem is, cheap people want to pay about $45.00 for one. If they wanted to pay that much for one, they should've bought it when it was first released. Now its collectible, and more expensive on the secondary market. Just sayin'.:peace:monkey3

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

I have a stipulation in the item description: "I've started the auction at the lowest amount I'm willing to accept on this figure, so please don't contact me with lowball offers. Also, until the postal system and PayPal get on board to protect my rights as a seller, selling international is not happening folks. Inquiries for either of these will only waste both our time and effort, so please don't bother." It doesn't stop them, but it's cut down on the BS messages. :lol

As for Dracula, I agree. $90 - $125 is more than reasonable. Especially when Creature and Mummy are fetching well over $200.

"...Also, until the postal system and PayPal get on board to protect my rights as a seller, selling international is not happening folks."

^ omg, this.

$100 will get you pretty much close to any of them except mummy and creature. though dracula has defnitely been creeping up. there was a sse dracula mib that went ridiculously low a week or so ago on ebay (i want to say around 70ish). i think i paid $150 w/ shipping on the last mummy i bought and i thought that was a pretty good deal.

yeah, he is a great figure. i love the sculpted wrists. head sculpt is awesome as well.

I'm gonna pull my boxed ones out and look at them. I think I have about 40-50 boxed 12 classic horror figures...so it'll be a chore. One day I will get to display them. Prolly when my kids move out. If they boomerang back though they are sleeping in the garage,lol.

I'm gonna pull my boxed ones out and look at them. I think I have about 40-50 boxed 12 classic horror figures...so it'll be a chore. One day I will get to display them. Prolly when my kids move out. If they boomerang back though they are sleeping in the garage,lol.

:lol epic

and 40-50 classic horror figures = awesome

Wow! I remember just a couple years ago most of the UM where going for $25-40 and really easy to pick up. I sold mine off a couple years ago, but now I want them again and they're a pain to find for a low ball price.

Yay my Bride of Frankenstein Frankie Monster arrived today. Gotta say in terms of likeness, this guy is on par with alot HT's work.

Sculpt is great and the paint acceptable for a 10 year old figure. All he needs is a modern repaint from one of our paint masters.

Reasonably priced is subjective because the only thing that determines a selling price is what someone is willing to pay for it. The problem most people run into with these figures is that they get excited and feel they need it now and will pay outrageous prices on them. Lugosi Dracula had a massive production run, so its not that limited. If you're patient you can find some real bargains. It took me about a year and a half to find a Frankenstein figure but I eventually got it. People making low offers on an item is the same as sellers marking items very high, its the only way to determine what the market will bear.

I think there were 25,000 or so Frankenstein figures made. Spencers was blowing them out at $5 at one point.

I love this line but with my recent collection purge they've started to go. I sold my SSE Creature and SSE Wolfman (didn't mind selling) and Ardeth Bey (big regret). The last ones I have left are original Karloff Frankie and Lugosi Frankie. The Lugosi Frank I'll probably sell but I'm having trouble parting with Karloff. This was an amazing line that I doubt will ever be done better.

Despite criticisms, the Wolf Man is a terrific figure with a little cotton padding under the shirt/pants. Makes a HUGE difference and puts it on par with the Karloff Monster and Lugosi Drac.

I still feel burned we never got Kharis, Carradine Drac and especially the Rains Phantom. Not making Ygor also never made sense since he was in the 8" line.

Back