Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like play arts kai. they make good anime and game figures.

I only own 3 PAK figures atm, Arkham Asylum Batman, FF13-2 Lightning and Kratos and I'm impressed with all of them overall. My favorite is AA Bats. Very awesome figure all around imho. Lightning is great too but there are a few scuffs on her metallic painted armor parts and one of her legs is really wobbly. Kratos is really cool but they overdid the shading especially on his forehead andhis skin tone could be whiter. I also would have preferred a more "grumpy" expression but still a top notch figure overall.

I LOVE my MGS PAK figures (I own all of them, with Solidus coming). I don't understand all the hate for them. I got all of the Final Fantasy ones, Cowboy Bebop, Street Fighter, and AA Batman ones. They're all great figures.

I LOVE my MGS PAK figures (I own all of them, with Solidus coming). I don't understand all the hate for them. I got all of the Final Fantasy ones, Cowboy Bebop, Street Fighter, and AA Batman ones. They're all great figures.

27662-header.jpg

:lecture

^its not just the shading but that HS looks bad too. I don't know why PAK went overboard with the shading. I think it started with Kratos. Here's Drake and Agent 47. Shading doesn't look too bad in hand but the camera brings it out more
C2A0F3C8-7077-42E6-9FF2-01EC8006822D-21365-000012E37C45ADEA.jpg

B2B74B80-1C5F-42B8-8E47-C9933CE9E45E-21365-000012E37398490C.jpg

Hope the DMC3 figures aren't like that and kept the paint apps like the DMC4 figures.

11962-550x-header.jpg

I had these but I shipped them back. :lol My hopes for the new Lara figure are gone. :(

Quick crappy iPhone pictures
Solid Snake a figure I been waiting for
0AB1E5EA-E47B-4EF6-9576-D6A25BEF7EFF-21365-000012EB443214A5.jpg

AA Batman the series along with AC I'm getting all the Batman they make and ex sidekicks/sidekicks
52504A2B-576C-4E44-8408-FB92E69FCFA9-21365-000012EB3BF8186A.jpg

Ryu, no ugly shading. Gonna get Akuma at SS $30 shipped
3FDAEF9D-B2D3-436F-B709-08DB0C70D01A-21365-000012EB341E9C43.jpg

The face quality varies a LOT. I like the faces on most of the Street Fighter figures, even recent ones, but that Commander Shepard is just godawful. With them being so expensive, it's made me pretty selective of which ones to buy. Think I'm only grabbing Guile from their upcoming figures.

I have no confidence in play arts kai after the joker figure had an extremely loose shoulder joint and cyborg ninja had paint smudges. Not acceptable for "quality" figures.

Is it likely that their Dark Knight figures will suffer from the same problems? I think Joker might be okay because of the white face, but Batman and Bane could still have problems (though might get away with it because of the masks). I wished the promo pics actually looked like the real products.

I don't understand how they get so much of the figures right, down to the smallest detail and then completely screw up the head or face.

Makes no sense. I did notice its only with select lines. I think it depends on the studio who owns the rights. The Vanquish and Metal Gear lines were worked on with the original designers so they came out superb since maybe they were more ****. (if you ignore the "stylised" quality to PAKs)

Is it likely that their Dark Knight figures will suffer from the same problems? I think Joker might be okay because of the white face, but Batman and Bane could still have problems (though might get away with it because of the masks). I wished the promo pics actually looked like the real products.

I think because this will be one of their biggest lines, like MGS, they will keep up the quality

Back