Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11962-550x-header.jpg

I had these but I shipped them back. :lol My hopes for the new Lara figure are gone. :(

I was so set on getting these initially until I saw in hand pics. Sheva seriously looks like a raccoon (ironic since one of RE's most iconic settings is Raccoon City). I seriously don't understand PA's fetish with overshading the faces on some figures. It looks horrible and takes away details of the sculpt. Kratos is a perfect example of this.

Yeah it really is odd. You'd think they'd stop after seeing how crappy it comes out in production. :dunno

I hope Lara comes out nice. I am actually hoping we see some reviews for the collectors edition of the new game a week or so before it hits so we can see the figure and see if it's worth buying the collectors edition for or not.

11962-550x-header.jpg

I had these but I shipped them back. :lol My hopes for the new Lara figure are gone. :(

I was thinking about getting into play arts figures, but after seeing these pics, I not getting one figure, those head sculpts look dreadful, they should be ashamed to release such horrible looking figures.

Some figures are good. Some bad.

I really like their Dissidia and XIII-2 figures... even though they can't seem to decide what scale PAK is supposed to be.

Some figures are good. Some bad.

I really like their Dissidia and XIII-2 figures... even though they can't seem to decide what scale PAK is supposed to be.

Yup :exactly: dissidia figures came out nicely.. i wonder why didnt they follow it up with the other characters...

I was thinking about getting into play arts figures, but after seeing these pics, I not getting one figure, those head sculpts look dreadful, they should be ashamed to release such horrible looking figures.

Not every figure is bad tho.

Not every figure is bad tho.

Almost all PAK figures have universal QC issues though. It seems like getting a perfect one is based entirely on luck. They often have terrible weak wrist joints and usually do not come with replacements for them either. My Squall from the Dissidia lineup easily broke his wrist and that screwed over any hopes for posing him from there on. Many suffer from loose or misplaced joints, poor paint applications, broken pieces, etc... My friend got a Lightning new and when he opened the box and got her out, her arm broke off. The franchise just has awful quality control. Even the more widely praised ones like Cyborg Ninja or Solid Snake have more than their fair share of QC issues with many people breaking Cyborg Ninja's arm as well as Solid Snake's gun usually coming twisted/bent.

Plus the inconsistent scale means most figures, even if they are from the same franchise, cannot be posed together. The final nail to the coffin though is the prices in relation to the accessories. For being so expensive, these figures almost never come with any real accessories. Usually you get a single swap out hand and then a weapon or two. It's pretty frustrating.

I'm not saying these figures do not look good when on display (they don't by the way; only a small handful of them do :lol), but that they are plagued with so many problems I cannot recommend people just blindly buying PAK ever. If you must have one, find one locally, inspect it in the package to see if there are any issues, and then maybe pick it up.

Every PAK I've gotten has an issue with it, some very small. And some hard to ignore. They have good products and good turn around time after they annouce a figure. But their QC are worse compared to HT standards.

monger - the store thing is great in theory but, i live in boston and its impossible to find a shop where they come in. there is a store called harrisons. they supposedly have everything. every time i look for pak they only get random ones and theres only one. so if theres only one i gotta hope no one is a fan of what im a fan of so im SOL. preordering is the only way i can see this stuff. every comic book store swears theres only a market for dc, marvel, predator, or the ever boring tv series figures. im so tired of the masses succumbing to the norm. theres not enough niche stuff coming out in stores. online is the only place i know i will get it the cheapest price, a great selection, and the box isnt going to be all banged up and handled by bratty kids either. :gah:if it comes messed up ill just send it back. i got a bunch of other crap to look at in the mean time.

Almost all PAK figures have universal QC issues though. It seems like getting a perfect one is based entirely on luck. They often have terrible weak wrist joints and usually do not come with replacements for them either. My Squall from the Dissidia lineup easily broke his wrist and that screwed over any hopes for posing him from there on. Many suffer from loose or misplaced joints, poor paint applications, broken pieces, etc... My friend got a Lightning new and when he opened the box and got her out, her arm broke off. The franchise just has awful quality control. Even the more widely praised ones like Cyborg Ninja or Solid Snake have more than their fair share of QC issues with many people breaking Cyborg Ninja's arm as well as Solid Snake's gun usually coming twisted/bent.

Plus the inconsistent scale means most figures, even if they are from the same franchise, cannot be posed together. The final nail to the coffin though is the prices in relation to the accessories. For being so expensive, these figures almost never come with any real accessories. Usually you get a single swap out hand and then a weapon or two. It's pretty frustrating.

I'm not saying these figures do not look good when on display (they don't by the way; only a small handful of them do :lol), but that they are plagued with so many problems I cannot recommend people just blindly buying PAK ever. If you must have one, find one locally, inspect it in the package to see if there are any issues, and then maybe pick it up.

By inspecting package you can avoid only superficial flaws, but can't really see if some joint are loose for example.

Though I think that many of them look really good on display. Though they should come with stands. My biggest problems with some of those have been slightly loose limbs. Thoug I have some that don't really have any problems. I have two MGSPW sneaking suit snakes and those doesn't have problems nor does have MGS1 Snake and Ryu. Cammy has lightly loose right leg, but so far it hasn't been such a problem. Cyborg Ninja is also fairly good.

But it is true, that now that they have raised those prices, they should be even more careful with QC. For example Solidus Snake is really expencive toy to have some annoying flaw.

solidus is the only one so far that was expensive. hes basically twice the size and he has about twice the accessories. i paid 93 for him. i just paid about 53 bucks for the new raiden and meryl i got for 43. also as of raiden i believe theyll come with stands. theres no evidence that the prices are going up. theres just ebay and amazon scalpers who rip people off. also, as for the loose joints. all you have to do is submerge that part of the figure in hot water til it softens, make sure everything is snug and let it cool off without touching it. itll contract and be tight again. the paint will not come off. ive done it many times. if you have a loose ratcheting joint i cant really help you with that that just plain sucks.

Last edited:

Yea ill admit there not perfect my dmc figures were awful in articulation and then my bleach figures were awful in quality especially rukia and my ichigo came with the wrong hands.

Back