Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been working for www.Figures.com since 1999, so the review pieces are all a part of the job. I worked full time for the site from 2005 - 2008 and made it a living, which was a lot of fun...that said, it's also not all it's cut out to be. When your hobby is your work and your work is your hobby, the "fun" in the hobby starts to dwindle a bit.

I used to collect A LOT of stuff years and years ago...now...not so much. I'm down to a few 1/6th scale parts and pieces I used for my customs and a few video game figures. But yes, review pieces are a great bonus and benefit to working for a site that has a full-time paid staff and 9 websites in its network.

I've found that out even as I've just started reviewing for the past month. I've started to buy things just so I can review them, even if it means paying a premium for shipping to get here before everyone else.

Luckily though I've started to stray away from that, and am heading back into collecting because I love it!

Good luck with the reviews, and I'm jealous :rotfl

New Play Arts Review @ Rad Toy Review! Play Arts Kai Metal Gear Solid: Solid Snake

bang.jpg

That would be a dream... I'm just not getting my hopes high.

I never bought the Chris or Sheva either:

IMG_0792.JPG

Why do they mess up all of their faces? Drake had a big bruise/gash in his forehead, Sheva has two black eyes.. :lol

They need to learn how to paint faces properly and how to do shadowing.

These figures would be fine if they were about £25. The fact that they're priced so highly is ridiculous. NECA would do a much better job with all these licenses.

I was considering pre-ordering Garrus, but I'll wait and see if he turns out well in the end.

The MGS and, from what it looks, the Vanquish lines have great quality figures. Maybe its only when the studios are ____ about em?

These figures would be fine if they were about £25. The fact that they're priced so highly is ridiculous. NECA would do a much better job with all these licenses.

Id like to see what Neca can do with the MGS line but Neca have varying quality face sculpts

These figures are so 50/50... I would never preorder one and just wait to see how it turns out in hand photos. Hopefully Lara turns out good.

Back