Spooktacular 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's probably doing what I'm trying to. Part ways with this hobby. It's why you don't see me post in many places any more.

I know how you feel. I still collect but have turned away from the high end market. It's getting too expensive and just not as much fun for me.

I think I'll always be around, but I will be extremely limited and it might be a lot in the for sale thread. :rotfl

I could never leave the horror section, though. Or Whedonville. :D

Hey BG, if you do decide to sell (sorry to hear by the way), give us a heads up first of what you got.

Think of it as a "Friends and Family Pre-sale Event" before you actually post in the For Sale forum. :wave :)

It's a decent list with some art, too. More will go up after I move. Just have to figure out what.

Sorry. :( I'm trying to step away from collecting. Selling off a lot. I just don't enjoy it anymore. I'm actually dreading the couple of pf's that are on order.

I understand completely, I'm in the same boat with a bunch of stuff in boxes after we moved, and I'm not sure it will ever come back out. It's hard to part with when you put so much energy into building a collection, but I find I have very little on order. Of course, my wife hasn't worked in a year and we're still paying off her masters, so there's not much left to order with.

That being said, Spook wouldn't be the same without you popping in now and then. Even if you're not collecting as much, you still need to be that crazy aunt or cousin who comes by to visit.

BG, totaly get where you are coming from, was there myself with comics for many, many years, and while this hobby is a new find for me, there have already been times where I have thought, why am I doing this? I fall in love way too easy, get it, then forget it.

Anyway, the Spook thread has gotten me all jazzed for the season! Was playing around a bit, have Lon Chaney in a better arm pose now, but thought this came out creepy like I wanted!

Ahappyhalloween.jpg

He's probably doing what I'm trying to. Part ways with this hobby. It's why you don't see me post in many places any more.

That's what I'm doing. I've sold off all my PF's except for Bride and Frank. Keeping those two and will keep Supes and WW (if she looks good upon reveal). I have also agreed to keep my collecting pieces to ONE BESTA including the very top of the unit where I will keep a small selection of 3 or 4 1/6 figs and max 6 PFs or PFs and Comms that will fit in the Besta unit. These items just gobble up too much space and are too much money these days and imo I think they are making too many of the same piece ES-wise (just imo). I think one Besta of beautiful items will look great in the corner of our living room instead of too much stuff cluttering everything. Uni Monster PFs, DC PFs, Gi Joe 1/6... lol all from my childhood (and maybe that Spidey comm if the ES isn't too high but we'll see... :):peace

Sounds like a lot of us are going the same route. Personally, I'm keeping all five tall and two medium Bestas and if it doesn't fit in there, it's gotta go. And I mean all Sideshow, blus, and books!

I'm ordering one more item. My avatar... Finito!

Sounds like a lot of us are going the same route. Personally, I'm keeping all five tall and two medium Bestas and if it doesn't fit in there, it's gotta go. And I mean all Sideshow, blus, and books!

I'm ordering one more item. My avatar... Finito!

Nice! Good call. If I had endless funds and lived in a bigger place maybe it would be different but yeah you gotta move on at some point. Plus you can always sell a piece to make room if a new piece comes along that you REALLY want. :peace:)

I was really hoping for some kind of spook announcement today. I had a blast with the photo a day stuff they ran last year....I have Mort all ready to start a new bunch of themed photos.

Back