Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Are we sure that's webbing and not something holding Cap in place?

Looking at a photo on the Facebook Hot Toys page, it looks like it's holding him in place perhaps...

I want to be wrong because I badly want a Spidey for my collection!!
Ughh.... I think your right. It looks like a plastic piece just used for holding him there while Iron man they have supported by the wall.

Sure looks like webbing to me. They could have used something a bit more inconspicuous if it wasn't meant for Spidey.

It really looks like webbing to me. I'm really hoping the other character that he will be packaged with is either tony stark or some kind of giant man diorama base. Kind of like the sandman base eve seen before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT is messing with us. Not cool man! :gah: :lol

I get the sense that Hot Toys likes to poke at us once in awhile. Not in a mean-spirited way, just for their own amusement. To tell the truth, given our obsessive-compulsiveness as a group, we probably deserve it.

And you know, someday they're going to release a Returns Catwoman and not even act like it's a big deal. They'll drop it on us in a Facebook post. "Oh by the way, was anybody waiting for this?"

Ughh.... I think your right. It looks like a plastic piece just used for holding him there while Iron man they have supported by the wall.

Sure looks like webbing to me. They could have used something a bit more inconspicuous if it wasn't meant for Spidey.

JBot appears to be correct. If it was just a piece to hold Cap in place, does anyone really think it would be visible?

This whole will-they won't-they is driving me crazy, worse than Fitz-Simmons!

I'm starting to think they'll sit the CW version out and wait for Homecoming.

The other CW Spidey figures from other companies have been announced already (with the obligatory pack), but nothing from HT yet.

I'm starting to think they'll sit the CW version out and wait for Homecoming.

The other CW Spidey figures from other companies have been announced already (with the obligatory pack), but nothing from HT yet.

I mean, it makes sense. From what we've seen so far of Homecoming the suit is identical to the Civil War suit. If they release it now they have no protagonist release for Homecoming, plus it has to compete with the other CW figures. From a business standpoint it's a good move.

Half the time Hot Toys does things on their own schedule, a figure coming out of nowhere.

If Scarlet Witch can have 3 different figures in less than a year, they can certainly give Spidey two.

And you know, someday they're going to release a Returns Catwoman and not even act like it's a big deal. They'll drop it on us in a Facebook post. "Oh by the way, was anybody waiting for this?"

Please don't get my hopes up. :(

You know if they sell Giant Man from the waist up for like 1.5k or so, I think a lot of people would bite. The space needed would be pretty manageable, it'll only take a little more horizontal space then a life-size bust. They could even cut him off at around the stomach region, it would be perfect.

225fa37043ea4970099015a0a1b79167.jpg

From what we've seen so far of Homecoming the suit is identical to the Civil War suit.

No its not completely identical. The Homecoming costume has larger different Web Shooters and Ditko webs under the arms.

Well it could be like how they skipped on Thor 1 Loki for Avengers Loki. If they skipped out on CW Spidey, it wouldn't have been the first time it happened.

No its not completely identical. The Homecoming costume has larger different Web Shooters and Ditko webs under the arms.

Have we actually seen evidence of the underarm webbing? I would be so pumped if this ends up being true as I have always wanted the movie costumes to incorporate this. It would be especially appropriate considering the Ditko influence this suit is rocking.

I haven't seen any of the Ditko underarm webbing but there are subtle changes, the biggest on being the Stark Industries web shooters. Honestly it's close enough to where I'm sure HT will just wait there when they can make the figure out right. Apparently the red tape with Marvel Studios productions is probably too much hassle.

Honestly if this is the first Spidey we get (Homecoming) from the MCU I'm fine with it.

13882347_1434401919909709_8125169067797591619_n.jpg

Back