Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Well if they are fictional, then why not have them wear what they have in the comics? Just saying black leather that looks uncomfortable isn't very interesting, nor practical. While Bale Batman looked cool with a more practical concept, I'd rather buy figures of a much more interesting looking Batfleck Batsuit any day.

Comic book costumes are silly, I don't think there's anyone that thinks they're practical. There is no reason for a S.H.I.E.L.D agent to wear a mask. Hugh Jackman's huge body would look terrible in yellow and blue spandex. What we have now is a combination of practical and stylish, two things that I believe don't exist in comics.

Its a movie about.... never mind, I'll let Batman explain it for the cheap seats. :lol
fictional-characters.gif

And that has always been a dumb argument for the movies. If you're going to say there needs to be no internal logic because it's fiction, the movie might as well end with Cap making out with Iron Man (which I'd kinda love tbh) and Hulk defeating Loki and Ultron with his farts.

Well if they are fictional, then why not have them wear what they have in the comics?

Because like literally anything else in life comic designs are a mixed bag, so not everything that looks good on paper would look good in real life. I'm not sure what's so confusing about that to people.

Its what people get used to, if Wolverine had the mask on from the start, it wouldn't seem any weirder than Cap, Deadpool, Spidey, etc... just because you don't think something would "work" in a movie just shows the limits of your thoughts, nothing more; its 2016, anything can be made to look good onscreen.

Then why not just put them all in spandex like in those superhero films they made in the 80s? They tried that without any audience preconceived notions about what a superhero should look like in live action, and everyone still thought it looked stupid.

They very fact that you think everything could work in a film if introduced correctly just shows the limits of your thoughts, because so far all you can do is state that it theoretically could be pulled off without justifying why it should be done in the first place.

So far Hawkeye is doing just fine without his mask. Scarlett Witch is just fine without her headdress. And Thor is just fine without his helmet; which btw, actually was a comic element introduced with Thor in the first scene he appeared in, but didn't work all that well so they ditched it.

So far Hawkeye is doing just fine without his mask. Scarlett Witch is just fine without her headdress. And Thor is just fine without his helmet; which btw, actually was a comic element introduced with Thor in the first scene he appeared in, but didn't work all that well so they ditched it.

They ditched the helmet because the actor didn't like it (who the **** thought Thor and Loki didn't look good in their helmets??) and they have crushed mask arguments with Deadpool proving that they could make any type of mask work onscreen. Its not the 80's you should update your movie viewing, again its 2016, most of the things done in movies as a second thought these days wouldn't have looked good in the 80s. Of course this makes no sense to you, I get it. Wolverine obviously could not pull off a mask like Black Panther, Captain America,Deapool, Spiderman, etc.... because...80s movies... :lol

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Last edited:

Or maybe it's just that the types of masks that Hawkeye and Wolverine wear are just harder to athletically justify than the ones worn by Deadpool and Spiderman, which are essentially just modified balaclavas.
You have yet to justify why exactly a giant ungainly mask with swooped out wings are needed.

And also to answer your question, I along with tons of other people think Thor looks better in the films without the helmet.

Or maybe it's just that the types of masks that Hawkeye and Wolverine wear are just harder to athletically justify than the ones worn by Deadpool and Spiderman, which are essentially just modified balaclavas.

I feel like people keep missing that point. I'm not sure why people seem to think "This thing from the comic books works, therefore, everything from the comics works".

That's kinda why they pay a ton of money to professional concept artists and costume designers in the first place.

I think its more practical for Hawkeye not to have a mask then a mask because it could possibly impede his vision and gave him an even more restricted view. But that's my take and everyone is entitled to whatever views they have.

Wow, and here I thought there were some news on a CW spider man HT figure due to all the new comments. ^^

Regarding the masks, I know many people who read the comics and grew up with them want the character designs in the movies as close to the source material as possible but I don't think that's always the best decision. It works for the likes of Spider Man and Deadpool, even for the Ian McKellen Magneto but it can also look pretty horrible and way too Halloween costume-like. I mean, I really like Magneto but some of his outfits look hideous and Fassbender's purple helmet was just silly. You have to think about the fact that these movies are not only directed at comic book fans, they need to appeal to a much wider audience and if half of the big guys are running around in yellow, purple and whatnot spandex with crazy masks on that would probably be too much for many. I mean, look at Cap's outfit in the Avengers movie ... not the best. It looks gorgeous in the new movies though and much more realistic and practical.

I prefer movie Wolverine and Hawkeye without the mask and the same is true for the Winter Soldier. They could have given him a mask and that little black piece would have worked just fine but I love that they decided to go with 'smokey eyes' instead. Imagine we ever get Bucky!Cap and they give him that helmet with the little wings ... wtf, that's just silly. XD Why would a grown man choose his super hero outfit like "Alright, I want little white wings attached to the side of my head! I'll look so damn cool fighting crime like that!"

Is it definite HT will not reveal a Civil war Spider-Man at ACGHK? So no Spider-Man until homecoming?

I saw pics of the Homecoming suit and its very similar to the Civil War version so we will get up getting the figure we want one way or another.

I would rather wait for Spider-Man Homecoming anyway. The suit looks very similar, and after post production it may be almost exactly the same. If Civil-War Spidey requires a two pack I won't have to worry about that hassle with a Homecoming Spidey. I also would prefer a Spider-Man base than a Civil War stand for Spidey. And finally, my guess is we will get more accessories with a Homecoming Spidey than a Civil War one, like Black Panther they will probably save an unmasked head sculpt for the solo movie.

I wouldn't mind waiting for the Homecoming one as long as the mask has narrow Ditko eyes like in Civil War.

That's what I was thinking or have sliders on the inside.

That might be difficult with the scale. Not sure they actually really did it on the 1:1 costume, I know that in Civil War it was achieved digitally.

Swap out eyes are probably the way to go.

That might be difficult with the scale. Not sure they actually really did it on the 1:1 costume, I know that in Civil War it was achieved digitally.

Swap out eyes are probably the way to go.
Ya that's probably the easiest.

Strange there's been no announcement. Very curious to see a Tom Holland sculpt and the suit from HT.

Back