Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Oh well, if nothing was shown at SDCC, then there will probably not be a Spiderman figure. Booo.

Oh well, if nothing was shown at SDCC, then there will probably not be a Spiderman figure. Booo.
If he isn't shown by August 2nd at ACGHK, then yeah it's probably not gonna happen. Gonna suck waiting 1.5+ years for the Homecoming version.

If we don't get it, then its fine. We just have to be patient. We didn't get Netflix Daredevil until well after Season 2 just to put things into perspective...Hot Toys employees are people too, with lives and families..

If we don't get it, then its fine. We just have to be patient. We didn't get Netflix Daredevil until well after Season 2 just to put things into perspective...Hot Toys employees are people too, with lives and families..
:goodpost:

I actually hope it doesn't have the webbing. Something that "works" (I've never liked it) in the comics won't necessarily work in real life. ( Hawkeye's mask, Wanda's headdress)

I want a Spider-Man figure in my collection so bad. I like the Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit but there's that little bump/notch on his forehead that drives me crazy.

I want a Spider-Man figure in my collection so bad. I like the Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit but there's that little bump/notch on his forehead that drives me crazy.

Tell me about it, I sold mine off to replace it with this guy. When it finally happens haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually hope it doesn't have the webbing. Something that "works" (I've never liked it) in the comics won't necessarily work in real life. ( Hawkeye's mask, Wanda's headdress)
I always thought a good like action Hawkeye costume would be similar to an assassin robes from the game, with the bird of prey hood.

Haha I sold my TASM 2 figure as soon as we got news that Spidey was back in the MCU. XD as much as I loved the suit.

I completely agree. Like the people that argue that Wolverine should wear that stupid looking yellow helmet in the movies and Captain America should have chainmail, just because the comics had it.

I wouldn't care one way or t'other if he had it. If he has webbing it's not gonna ruin anything.

I completely agree. Like the people that argue that Wolverine should wear that stupid looking yellow helmet in the movies and Captain America should have chainmail, just because the comics had it.

Jury is still out on Wolfie's helmet, but the plate looking mail armor was tried out in concept art for cap civil war costume. It looked pretty good. I'm also not sure why people hate on the Hawkeye with mask thing. I think if Hawkeye were introduced with something similar to caps helmet but for Hawkeye on his first appearance no one would have batted an eyelash.

Just like with the wolverine mask situation though I think that we're so used to the character without it that at this point it would come off as weird.

People make fun of Hawkeye's mask because there's no point in him wearing one in the context of the films. You can argue it made sense in the comics where he had a secret identity and was a costumed vigilante, but it really doesn't make sense in the movies.

It wouldn't be worn to hide his identity it's be worn to protect his head especially since he is just a normal guy. Everyone knows who cap is he just wears it for added protection. I'm not saying it would have to have giant wingtips or a literal H. It would be like any other thing they've adapted the MCU where the film design has call outs to the classic design

Its what people get used to, if Wolverine had the mask on from the start, it wouldn't seem any weirder than Cap, Deadpool, Spidey, etc... just because you don't think something would "work" in a movie just shows the limits of your thoughts, nothing more; its 2016, anything can be made to look good onscreen.

Jury is still out on Wolfie's helmet, but the plate looking mail armor was tried out in concept art for cap civil war costume. It looked pretty good. I'm also not sure why people hate on the Hawkeye with mask thing. I think if Hawkeye were introduced with something similar to caps helmet but for Hawkeye on his first appearance no one would have batted an eyelash.

Just like with the wolverine mask situation though I think that we're so used to the character without it that at this point it would come off as weird.

Bingo! :lecture

People make fun of Hawkeye's mask because there's no point in him wearing one in the context of the films. You can argue it made sense in the comics where he had a secret identity and was a costumed vigilante, but it really doesn't make sense in the movies.

Its a movie about.... never mind, I'll let Batman explain it for the cheap seats. :lol
fictional-characters.gif

Back