Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

I'm cool with the suit either way as I'm probably one of few that digs the black lines. Not so much on the legs but the ones over red parts of the suit don't bother me. Can't wait for a figure. Please be at comic con :pray:

I really dig the suit too. Cant wait for the hot toys version!

The suit is basically the same as the CW suit. Hot Toys should probably just wait it out, and release their Spider-Man figure around Homecoming's release. Strike at the exact moment the iron is hot.

The suit is basically the same as the CW suit. Hot Toys should probably just wait it out, and release their Spider-Man figure around Homecoming's release. Strike at the exact moment the iron is hot.

Except for Iron Man, where the iron is always hot. ****, it all. MORE IRON MEN. :lol

But seriously though, Hot Toys will do some stuff to make you guys buy both versions :lol

I'd love to get a spiderman with a Holland sculpt! Gonna wait for the homecoming version it is!

whoa, they're way farther in to production on the new spidey movie than I thought

I smell a barebones CW release with an unmasked sculpt and more display bonuses coming with the Homecoming version. Same crud that happened with Black Panther will happen here.

All that aside, I still prefer the ASM2 suit above this.
ASM2>Rami>MCU.

Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Spider-Man is the only marvel character I'd have multiples of. I have all the HT releases to date and these will be no different unless there is a serious upgrade on the same suit like MOS to BVS supes.

Last edited:

I smell a barebones CW release with an unmasked sculpt and more display bonuses coming with the Homecoming version. Same crud that happened with Black Panther will happen here.

That seems very possible. And that's why I'll wait for the solo movie version of both Black Panther and Spider-Man over the Civil War version; particularly because we now know that Spidey's costume will be almost exactly the same, and we won't have to buy a two pack in order to get it for the Homecoming version. I also would prefer stands from their own movie rather than Cap's.

All that aside, I still prefer the ASM2 suit above this.
ASM2>Rami>MCU.

Though they are very similar, I would put the Rami suit above the ASM2 suit when it comes to design; but the ASM2 figure may be better.

The Raimi suit is by far the worst to me. I never liked the raised webbing or lens shape.

Similar suit design has never stopped HT from releasing multiple figures and I doubt it will now.

Last edited:

I need this suit in my collection. Personally I love the suit. It screams steve ditko/90s cartoon spiderman, but with an MCU twist. Hot toys. Just announce it already. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Raimi suit is by far the worst to me. I never liked the raised webbing or lens shape.

Similar suit design has never stopped HT from releasing multiple figures and I doubt it will now.

They've never exactly been forced to release a new figure in a multipack though, have they? Maybe the licensing deal will make them hold off on releasing the Spider-Man figure they're working on, and release it as the Homecoming Spider-Man.

Spider-Man is the only marvel character I'd have multiples of. I have all the HT releases to date and these will be no different unless there is a serious upgrade on the same suit like MOS to BVS supes.

Same here,love all the Hot Toys Spidey releases really,got multiples of every one except ASM still dont care for that suit too much. Bring on more Spidey please.

I wouldn't be shocked if the suit is actually the same (I remember talk of webs under the arms but that hasn't shown here yet) if HT doesn't simply just wait a bit and offer up the figure as a Spider-Man: Homecoming figure to try and sync the release with the movie's release itself.

Homecoming eye point at top corner shape looks different than Civil War Spider-Man Ditko eyeshape. I'd rather see Hot Toys offer one Spider-Man from each movie.

Homecoming eye point at top corner shape looks different than Civil War Spider-Man Ditko eyeshape. I'd rather see Hot Toys offer one Spider-Man from each movie.

I'm not seeing much difference, and it's possible with the anticipation of a lot of digital touch up and manipulation of what on set comes across as a lot sloppiness in the mask before any digital makeover that the eyes will be more like we saw in Civil War in the final film; particularly because the eyes also presumably will still have an animated element to them.

Odd that the blu ray box art does not feature Spider-Man. You'd think that would help sell it.

Back