Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odd that the blu ray box art does not feature Spider-Man. You'd think that would help sell it.

I get what you're saying, but Civil War is the highest grossing movie of 2016 worldwide (so far, at least) with $1.14 billion in ticket sales, so I think it will sell no matter who is and is not on the Blu-ray cover!

Though it is odd that he's the only airport-fight-scene character not on the cover, especially since he's Marvel's most popular character. Maybe they want to keep his inclusion in the movie a surprise for the 4-5 people who still don't know he's in the movie?

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Given that this is a collaboration with another studio there are likely issues at play regarding marketing. Remember, Spider-Man was featured in virtually none of the marketing for the film until the final trailer and a few TV spots. Not on any posters, one sheets, or marketing promo art.

Relaistically, what are we expecting from Marvel and HT at SDCC?

Probably just a display of the same old Marvel figures like they always do. Hopefully the reveal of Spidey, Daredevil, and the Punisher.

Given that this is a collaboration with another studio there are likely issues at play regarding marketing. Remember, Spider-Man was featured in virtually none of the marketing for the film until the final trailer and a few TV spots. Not on any posters, one sheets, or marketing promo art.

Agreed. And given that Spidey is pretty much a Sony property on-loan to Marvel (that's still an eye-roller, despite the truth of it all), part of the red-tape laying in terms of marketing could be to not have him featured under a Marvel-only banner for sales purposes. Imagine seeing CW released with a Marvel/Sony box cover. Not likely. A reasonable theory, at least.

Probably just a display of the same old Marvel figures like they always do. Hopefully the reveal of Spidey, Daredevil, and the Punisher.

I'm not really into Marvel at the moment, so I'd say the above is a good call. Maybe a civvie Tony and the rest is Suicide Squad. I'd love a new Jungle Hunter and Dutch though.

I'm not really into Marvel at the moment, so I'd say the above is a good call. Maybe a civvie Tony and the rest is Suicide Squad. I'd love a new Jungle Hunter and Dutch though.
I hope they have some surprise licenses/figures on display. Not sure what all they could be but maybe the Assassin's Creed movie.

A HT Fassy would be sick! Something other than DC/Marvel from HT would be great. I had a dream the other night that HT poached the Game of Thrones and Walking Dead licenses from Threezero and had a season 1 Rick on horse and season 6 Jon Snow on display.

Then I woke up.

Nah they aren't doing shows anytime soon. We got like 20 marvel movies on the way.

CmzDwK8UMAAhy92.jpg

The homecoming Web Shooters look different from the ones shown in Civil War.

I'm so glad they went with thin, black webbing. I hated the thick raised webbing of the Raimi suit.

Yeah if I remember right in previous years they don't tend to reveal much at SDCC. Hot Toys isn't really present I don't think. Usually their stuff is at the Sideshow booth. The reveals come from the Toy Fairs in the Asian market it seems like. I hope to see Spidey soon though.

I'm so glad they went with thin, black webbing. I hated the thick raised webbing of the Raimi suit.

I always loved the raised webbing. The Raimi suit is still my favorite. Though it would be hard to resist a HT CW Spidey cause he was so dang good in the film.

Yeah if I remember right in previous years they don't tend to reveal much at SDCC. Hot Toys isn't really present I don't think. Usually their stuff is at the Sideshow booth. The reveals come from the Toy Fairs in the Asian market it seems like. I hope to see Spidey soon though.

It is at the sideshow booth...but last year they had four new figures and the Tie fighter, and falcon cockpit. So there's a chance there's new items. And acghk is right around the same time and that one does have a hot toys booth.

Since Punisher and Daredevil haven't been revealed yet I bet they will be at SDCC, hopefully a few other never before seen figures as well.

It begins in a couple weeks so we'll find out soon enough.

Odd that the blu ray box art does not feature Spider-Man. You'd think that would help sell it.

captain-america-civil-war-box-art.jpg

Ant-Man nor Paul Rudd is mentioned there, I wouldn't too much into it.

Agreed. And given that Spidey is pretty much a Sony property on-loan to Marvel (that's still an eye-roller, despite the truth of it all), part of the red-tape laying in terms of marketing could be to not have him featured under a Marvel-only banner for sales purposes. Imagine seeing CW released with a Marvel/Sony box cover. Not likely. A reasonable theory, at least.

Actually Disney/Marvel has owned the merchandising rights to Spidey for a while now:

Meanwhile, Disney and Marvel will actually profit more than Sony because Disney bought the merchandising rights from Sony in 2011. To say Disney enjoyed attractive returns on purchasing the Spider-Man merch rights back from Sony is quite the understatement. According to a report by Variety, "[Spider-Man merch] generated another $1 billion in global retail sales [in 2014], NPD Group said." In that same Variety report it was also stated how Avengers merch sales were catapulted to $1 billion in 2014 because of the huge success of THE AVENGERS in 2012.

https://www.dailysuperhero.com/2015/08/spider-man-merchandise-is-how-disney.html

He is going to be the best Spider-Man of them all because he really seems to be loving every moment of it.

The homecoming Web Shooters look different from the ones shown in Civil War.

Well yeah because Stark gave him new ones. Although given the movie is less than a year away, I wonder if HT would bother at this point or just ramp up for that one?

They did have the rights but that's not still the case. Part of the deal to allow Spider-Man into the Mcu and marvel studios to have creative control was that Sony reaquired most of those merchandise rights.

Also, antman is on that box art. Bottom left.

And here's some of th alt box art

image.jpeg

Oh man I hope the Team Cap/Team Iron Man box art comes to NZ, I'd love to get the Team Cap one :love But even if it doesn't, I'll just throw petals in elation from Wanda and Clint being highly visible on the art at all :rotfl :love :love #forever bitter the twins weren't on the AoU cover :lol

Back