1/6 Spider-Man: Far From Home - 1/6th scale Spider-Man (Homemade Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the rewards % like at Alter Ego?

there's a few ways to earn beyond just purchases, plus a nice bday reward

alter ego.jpg
alter ego2.jpg
alter ego 3.jpg

Appreciate it! You helped me save another $15 totaling $58 net savings!

$252 shipped (free shipping) double boxed (free) no sales tax (I"m in CA) +$15 off rewards code. They tend to have a lot of codes, but you have to search for them. I used 5 on other previous orders.

nice! glad I could help :duff

I checked with Sideshow about the payment plan option (or lack there of). They said Hot Toys didn’t allow them the payment plan option for this particular figure. Seems odd to me why that would even be a big deal, but that the answer I got in case anyone was wondering if there’d be a payment plan option.

I am only interested on the Drone as well.

So are we going to have two types of Drones?

Small (Spider-Man Black and Red suit)

and this Big One? (Spider-Man Homemade Suit Version)

Or Are they on the same scale?

I am only interested on the Drone as well.

So are we going to have two types of Drones?

Small (Spider-Man Black and Red suit)

and this Big One? (Spider-Man Homemade Suit Version)

Or Are they on the same scale?

The black and red version comes with, what I would guess is, a 1/12th scale version of the drone as seen in this photo.

attachment.php

Meanwhile they are giving the true 1/6th scale of the drone to the Homemade Suit cause HTs is king of doing their customers dirty. :pfft:

The black and red version comes with, what I would guess is, a 1/12th scale version of the drone as seen in this photo.

attachment.php

Meanwhile they are giving the true 1/6th scale of the drone to the Homemade Suit cause HTs is king of doing their customers dirty. :pfft:

I know the smaller version of the drone was shown at the Cons, but did HT ever release a statement confirming that it is the additional accessory coming with the Upgraded Suit? Logically it would be, but I think there still may be a chance they standardize on the 1/6 scale drone to save on production costs.

I know the smaller version of the drone was shown at the Cons, but did HT ever release a statement confirming that it is the additional accessory coming with the Upgraded Suit? Logically it would be, but I think there still may be a chance they standardize on the 1/6 scale drone to save on production costs.

Well hot toys website does say additional accessories coming and still have not mentioned anything about the drone that was shown at sdcc so they could add the bigger drone but I doubt they do it as the upgraded suite is cheaper than the home made suit and some of the cost difference could be from the different drones.

Well hot toys website does say additional accessories coming and still have not mentioned anything about the drone that was shown at sdcc so they could add the bigger drone but I doubt they do it as the upgraded suite is cheaper than the home made suit and some of the cost difference could be from the different drones.

If you're saying that HT's using the bigger drone's size as justification for a higher price than I agree, but from a manufacturing standpoint it would be more cost effective for them to make production tooling for only one type. The material cost difference between the two drones isn't enough to even factor into the equation, but paying for design & build of two different tools (i.e., molds) when they don't have to isn't the smartest business decision - especially when customer feedback would tell them that the smaller version isn't that desirable.

Well I put my preorder in at sideshow. Was going to order at bug bad toy store the other day but they charge tax for me now so after factoring that in and sideshow rewards, it is cheaper at sideshow and the no nrd on sideshow for this figure is nice as I can cancel if I decide later I don't want it or if the upgraded suit would get the same drone as its additional accessory.

If you're saying that HT's using the bigger drone's size as justification for a higher price than I agree, but from a manufacturing standpoint it would be more cost effective for them to make production tooling for only one type. The material cost difference between the two drones isn't enough to even factor into the equation, but paying for design & build of two different tools (i.e., molds) when they don't have to isn't the smartest business decision - especially when customer feedback would tell them that the smaller version isn't that desirable.

It's not like it's a one piece mold, the new one is much larger and has many more pieces. There's more manufacturing time involved int he larger one since it's got many parts. That's the reason the Homemade suit is more money.

Upgraded Suit $251 - Regular Spider-Suit, headsculpt, and small drone

Homemade Suit $267 - Soft goods suit, no head sculpt, large drone.

There's no reason the homemade suit should cost more than a regular suit except the fact that it's coming with a drone 4x the size of the other one. I really don't believe customer feedback matters to them as much as we would like. They put Venompool up for sale the day after SDCC before anyone could even process such a ridiculous figure.

It's not like it's a one piece mold, the new one is much larger and has many more pieces. There's more manufacturing time involved in the larger one since it's got many parts. That's the reason the Homemade suit is more money.

Upgraded Suit $251 - Regular Spider-Suit, headsculpt, and small drone

Homemade Suit $267 - Soft goods suit, no head sculpt, large drone.

There's no reason the homemade suit should cost more than a regular suit except the fact that it's coming with a drone 4x the size of the other one. I really don't believe customer feedback matters to them as much as we would like. They put Venompool up for sale the day after SDCC before anyone could even process such a ridiculous figure.

Agreed we're not talking a one-piece mold. I'd have to go back and look at a picture of the smaller one at SDCC, but I was assuming each had the same number of components, just two different scales. But if HT cut corners on the smaller one, then your point is valid. Plus the manufacturing time for painting/detailing the larger one would also be longer.

As for reasons why the Homemade Suit is priced higher, the biggest one is probably HT knowing the can get away with it given what it's going for in the aftermarket. :lol

Agreed we're not talking a one-piece mold. I'd have to go back and look at a picture of the smaller one at SDCC, but I was assuming each had the same number of components, just two different scales. But if HT cut corners on the smaller one, then your point is valid. Plus the manufacturing time for painting/detailing the larger one would also be longer.

As for reasons why the Homemade Suit is priced higher, the biggest one is probably HT knowing the can get away with it given what it's going for in the aftermarket. :lol

Plus I think people will buy the upgraded suit regardless of the drone but putting the big drone on the homemade suit will actually increase the sales of that one.

SDCC-2019-Hot-Toys-Spider-Man-021.jpg

7e149dc4-f6b9-4d38-889d-72e9a4959ddc.jpg

I may have to eat my words a little as they appear to be representing the same drone, but even still, knowing Hot Toys the larger one will have more pieces and be more detailed. It's definitely really crappy no matter how you slice it that they're giving a crappy drone to the figure that actually fought the drones.

Plus I think people will buy the upgraded suit regardless of the drone but putting the big drone on the homemade suit will actually increase the sales of that one.

Yeah definitely. The Homemade suit to me is a Drone release with figure accessory.

If you display them right, you could play off the smaller drone as just being further away. A forced perspective kind of thing.

Not the first time HT has played this game. They included the Parademon gun that Tactical suit Batman uses in JL with the normal Batman suit figure. So we are "forced" to buy both figures to complete the look.

It's a clean rerelease. Not surprised. Alas my interest has declined on this one significantly, just not a necessary addition I think.

If HT sold the drone as its own standalone accessory I would be inclined to purchase...but not with a figure I already own...just not worth it.

Ha I guess no one else cares about it? I ordered one since I missed the homemade suit the first time around, the drone is a nice bonus. I'm still surprised this released before the regular figure did.

Back