1/6 Spider-Man-1/6th scale Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2099 Black) - Toy Fair Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man-1/6th scale Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2099 Black) - Toy Fair Exclusive

Gotcha. Understood, thanks for the info

Re: Spider-Man-1/6th scale Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2099 Black) - Toy Fair Exclusive

Exactly! Back when the internet didn't spoil every new figure coming to store shelves, lol.

I had ToyFare magazine for that, lol.

On other news; still waiting for my invite code to pre-order this.....

You mean why is it only 2 payments? That's because it's already close to release.

No, like as in why do I have to use a payment plan at all? Previously I just placed a small deposit to pre-order, and paid the rest when it arrived. Now it seems that all figures have this payment system on their page, where you are forced to opt into some kind of plan.

Btw, don't stress too hard buddy. Scarlet Spider went into waitlist but opened back up not long after. Im quite sure you'll be able to get your order in today. They will probably make the same qty (or more) with this 2099 figure.

Just got one! Woop

No, like as in why do I have to use a payment plan at all? Previously I just placed a small deposit to pre-order, and paid the rest when it arrived. Now it seems that all figures have this payment system on their page, where you are forced to opt into some kind of plan.
Ohh... i didn't realize it was mandatory. I didn't notice. I have no idea because I flex nearly every order anyway.

I think it's due to the pandemic. They really have no idea when figures will be made, shipped, received, etc. I think they're trying to steady their income. Just my thought, no proof.

I think it's due to the pandemic. They really have no idea when figures will be made, shipped, received, etc. I think they're trying to steady their income. Just my thought, no proof.

Yep, this sounds reasonable honestly. I also imagine they have refunded alot of NRDs due to delays, along with dealing with alot of customer cancellations during the past 4 months or so.

I have a feeling this guy wont last long so those on the fence better decide quick-its just too badass looking. I already have the prime 1 statue but i had to pull the trigger on this too.

You didn't have to use a payment plan. If you had just clicked the "pre-order" button you wouldn't have had a payment plan, just the NRD.

I contacted Sideshow support about it, as this seems to be the case for all Hot Toys, both pre-order and in-stock. And it especially makes no sense to make payment plans mandatory for in-stock items.

They seem unaware of the problem so hopefully they can fix it.

You didn't have to use a payment plan. If you had just clicked the "pre-order" button you wouldn't have had a payment plan, just the NRD.
Tried it. Still there. Some kind of plan has to be selected when you add it to your cart. If you don't select one, it just applies a default 3 month plan.

I contacted Sideshow support about it, as this seems to be the case for all Hot Toys, both pre-order and in-stock. And it especially makes no sense to make payment plans mandatory for in-stock items.

They seem unaware of the problem so hopefully they can fix it.

Tried it. Still there. Some kind of plan has to be selected when you add it to your cart. If you don't select one, it just applies a default 3 month plan.

That's really odd as I did not have that requirement and by default had the pay in full option...

That's really odd as I did not have that requirement and by default had the pay in full option...

Browser error maybe? I use Chrome so I wonder if that is part of the problem.

EDIT: Nope. Tried it on explorer and edge and it was still there.

Yeah, the e-mail I received was an "early access" invitation, so it's probably only available to those who registered prior to the start of the Con. I'm sure the window for restricted ordering will close soon and you'll get access.

I never received any email even though I pre-registered. Sideshow's email notifications are crap. I had to be resourceful to get my pre-order in during the stream.

It must be specific to this figure, because I tried it with Loki and Endgame War Machine and I could add those to my cart without any payment plans. I didn't actually complete the order process however. :lol

I never received any email even though I pre-registered. Sideshow's email notifications are crap. I had to be resourceful to get my pre-order in during the stream.

Yes, I didn't see the e-mail until AFTER I'd placed the order. I guess as long as we were on the list it still worked...

Back