Speculation - Next Hot Toys Clone Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation - Next Hot Toys CW Commanders

This thread is so sexy I need a VPN to view it.

Before yesterday I'd have said Wolffe was the most likely. Then they go and release the Coruscant Guard and leave a little Fox teaser in the description. Fox isn't one I'd have considered in the top 5 most likely, until yesterday.

So, next Hot Toys commander = Fox.

Then Wolffe.

Hopefully they don't overlook those ROTS commanders. Gree is a certainty I'd say, and Bly always gets attention from the toy companies. Bacara (also my personal favourite) and Neyo are the two I fear they might pass on.

So...

1) Fox
2) Wolffe
3) Gree
4) Bly

5) Bacara
6) Neyo

As for the others I can't see any of them being made.

Although I'd love them to make Gregor and Doom.

View attachment 496617View attachment 496618

As long as these sell they won?t pass on any!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Gregor would be cool, but the other Commandos only showed up in a cameo appearance, so I doubt we see the whole group.

I remember when Sideshow were doing the clones,I wanted them to do Neyo so bad,
then they made him,and he was just ...bad

Expectations need to be tempered or people are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Even if they do two or so named clones and a couple of trooper variants a year, it’s going to be years down the road before they get through everything they plan to do.

And it’s going to slow down over time as buyer fatigue sets in, and new Star Wars media comes out.

I have a feeling they’re focusing on Season 7 clones and clones that appear in movies first. They’ll do others based on how well everything sells and how long they think the line will be profitable.

So far, the only ones I think are safe bets are Bly and Gree. ARC Trooper Jesse seems possible as well.

Wolffe is a maybe. Phase I Rex might be a smaller run convention exclusive or something.

I could see Phase 2 Fox, Neyo, and Bacara. Would be nice to get some Galactic Marines and 41st Recon.

But for troopers, the 212th and plain clones are safe but everything else is a maybe. I’m sure there’ll be some random battalion thrown in as an exclusive at some point.

I’d want a Republic Commando, preferably all of Delta Squad. Since that won’t happen, my guess is Gree and Kashyyyk Troopers are next.

Yep, knowing Hot Toys they'll stick to the figures which are most well known. So those which are also in the films may have a higher chance.

Gree is also a favourite of mine. And one or two of his scout Kashyyyk Clones would look so good next to him.

How different are the Kashyyyk Clones to say ROTJ or Mando Scouts ? I assume pretty similar, so they may have tooling for much of what they need.

This isn't bad

I?m only interested in the ROTS Commanders. The only other I may be tempted by is Wolffe. I?d say Gree is the most likely because he actually spoke in the movie.

Should have added Arc-troopers to the list too

*nice thread btw

Wolffe and Bly would be money makers for HT, so those are most probably next.

I'd snap up the TCW 501st Arcs though. Would love a Rex-and-the-Boys display flanking Ashoka.

I just hope we eventually get one of these looks as it can pass for the cartoon AND the films! 8613D968-0CA6-48AD-897E-3FA4963049EC.jpeg89BD6114-34E3-42C8-B91F-D673CB1DA49A.jpeg

One thing?s for certain when The Bad Batch hits Disney+ early next year we?ll be getting another onslaught of clones. I?m sure the likes of Wolffe will turn up in that. I wonder which of the Bad Batch we?ll get, as surely Hot Toys will want to capitalise on their hype. If I could only pick two I?d go with Wrecker and Tech. Tough choice, Wrecker for sure though.

Thanks. Yeah perhaps I'll change it to just Clone Wars to expand the potential discussion topics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much better than 15 other speculation threads:)

I see Fox as the next one, good idea too as Sideshow never did his Phase 2 armor. I only say that because they mentioned him in the Shock Trooper reveal.

These have to be selling well as they're putting a lot of Clone Wars merch out since May when the line was announced, so I can definitely see most of the popular ones (ROTS Commanders, Wolffe, Echo, Fives) being made.

Commander Doom would be cool, he has such a unique armor color to him.

One thing?s for certain when The Bad Batch hits Disney+ early next year we?ll be getting another onslaught of clones. I?m sure the likes of Wolffe will turn up in that. I wonder which of the Bad Batch we?ll get, as surely Hot Toys will want to capitalise on their hype. If I could only pick two I?d go with Wrecker and Tech. Tough choice, Wrecker for sure though.

I can answer that one. The ones that don't really need head sculpts :lol

My favourites are Wrecker and Tech as well. I think they could be done without a headsculpt. Or perhaps a partial sculpt for Tech the way his helmet looks.

The leader dude Hunter would be worthy of a headsculpt I think. He looks a bit boring with helmet on, and I kind of like the Rambo head sash look.

The sniper will be the Baze of the batch.

Clone_Force_99_Bad_Batch-2.jpg

Back