Facepool WWII Soviet Tank Crew - Mariya Vasilyevna Oktyabrskaya (Aleksandra Samusenko)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
"Let me fight for you, my love ... !"

Maria Vasilyevich baby奥塔亚布斯card ( 1905-1944 ) was a Soviet tank driver, she served on the Eastern Front during World War II war. In the summer of 1941 , Maria's husband died in the battle between Kiev and Natri Germany, and the news did not reach her until two years later. In order to avenge her husband, Maria sold her only property in exchange for a T34 medium tank. After five months of training, Maria went into battle on the Eastern Front. She named her chariot " Боевая подруга ", translated as "battle girl friend". Maria performed bravely in the battle from the fall of 1943 to the spring of 1944 and was promoted to sergeant major.

1944 Nian 3 months, Maria was wounded by shrapnel in the head in a fight, then he died in the hospital. In August of that year , she was posthumously awarded the Hero of the Soviet Union Medal by the Soviet government .

By this tragic and romantic story inspired After a year of design and materials research, Facebook play mode presented herein to explore the history of this series 1/6 ratio Favorite Doll - "combat girlfriend." The head sculpture of the character is based on Maria?s few historical records. With reference to the clothing and equipment of the Soviet tank crew members in the same year, we hope to use this doll as a starting point to launch a series of products based on real historical events. We invite the majority of World War II players and history lovers to explore history together.
The regular version of this product contains a series of accessories such as a smiling head sculpture, tank rider leather jacket, and accordion.

Players can also choose another "Battle Girlfriend" special edition, which includes a battle expression head sculpture and T34 cockpit booth in addition to all the accessories of the regular version

094232x9x3qkk8bzcjzq65.jpg

094236za3ec5z3n700ehnv.jpg

Facepoolfigure mask mode to play 1/6 action figure - to explore the history of the series - "combat girlfriend" Maria

FP005A Common Edition Accessories List:

Smiling Head Sculpture-Hair Transplant
VC female body and hands
TSh-4 tank helmet and communication equipment
Soviet accordion
Tank rider leather jacket-genuine leather
Soviet M43 uniform
Internal fattening service
Soviet Army Boots-Genuine Leather
Soviet Army Belt-Genuine Leather
T33 pistol-detachable clip, pullable bolt
Pistol holster
Soviet Army Kettle + Kettle Belt
Goggles
Soviet ship cap
Tank rider gloves
Tank repair wrench
File package
Soviet Guardian Medal
Patriotic War Medal
Sergeant Major Epaulettes
Captain's Epaulettes

FP005B Fighting Girlfriend Special Edition additionally includes the following:

Combat Head Sculpture-Hair Transplant
T34 Tank Engine Room Booth

Expected shipping date 2022 first quarter, booking a single cut-off date of 2021 Nian 6 Yue 15 Ri

094026f11ey2davaxaz9tb.jpg

094032wggagw218u2aa58j.jpg

094038keovofr7nke6oco2.jpg

094043eq1xcq4cxcw3necx.jpg

094102nqhavq2ooukho2v2.jpg

094109b3kn3n7rop70tkiz.jpg

094117qzwakuhmj5tkulwl.jpg

094144arai8xilr2xw2zrf.jpg

094151tqbg5o91ijmysqxi.jpg

094159b45d0jegd8pj5l8p.jpg

094206ktytb4b4tjy2ehey.jpg

094212gz6amy7mcm8h7uvh.jpg

094217rp3tf6gizmpy61hj.jpg

094222sqqf4mqt359h5zat.jpg

094228i50ahbahcgx4cm05.jpg

094618mttnxa4z3ng8aaxt.jpg

Her biography:

Mariya Oktyabrskaya - Wikipedia

Mariya Vasilyevna Oktyabrskaya (Russian: Мария Васильевна Октябрьская; 16 August 1905 ? 15 March 1944) was a Soviet tank driver and mechanic who fought on the Eastern Front against Nazi Germany during World War II. After her husband was killed fighting in 1941, Oktyabrskaya sold her possessions to donate a tank for the war effort, and requested that she be allowed to drive it. She received and was trained to drive and fix a T-34 medium tank, which she named "Fighting Girlfriend" ("Боевая подруга"). Oktyabrskaya proved her ability and bravery in battle, and was promoted to the rank of sergeant. After she died of wounds from battle in 1944, she was posthumously made a Hero of the Soviet Union, the Soviet Union's highest honor for bravery during combat. She was the first of only two female tank drivers to be awarded the title.

I didn't know that this was based on a real person. Incredible story.

The figure set is quite impressive.

After doing some digging, I think Facepool sculpted the wrong person. There's some confusion online with the photos being attributed to two different women, who both served in Red Army Guards Tank units.

The figure looks more like Aleksandra Samusenko to me, a T-34 tank commander and captain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandra_Samusenko

140109unbtmmmuutik44un.jpg

140110fgoz7709essxx7y7.jpg

Facepool even included the Senior Lieutenant shoulder boards that match the photos, yet Mariya Oktyabrskaya only reached the rank of Senior Sergeant.

The other green field shoulder boards are for a Senior Sergeant, so I guess this could be either Mariya or Aleksandra. Though the commemorative base becomes redundant for the latter.

Just noticed on BBICN's Facebook that someone pointed out the error with the name/sculpt:

Oleg Samson Wrong name. It's not sculpt of Maryja. It's Aleksandra Samusenko. Facepool made mistake.

BBICN replied:

BBICN

Oleg Samson Thanks, Now , modified

But what they've amended is removing the photos of Aleksandra. It's still a sculpt of Aleksandra, named as Mariya.

I hope this doesn't mean Facepool drop the senior lieutenant shoulder boards from the set, otherwise they'll have completely messed this up.

Agree with the likeness error...

There's also the problem that, with the Special Edition set, the tank turret pedestal shows the "Боевая подруга" ("Fighting Girlfriend") name on the turret, which was on Oktyabrskaya's tank, along with her name, and the 'Hero of the Soviet Union' honor star on the pedestal.

Still a cool set, and Lt. Aleksandra Samusenko was also KIA fighting the nazis, although not awarded the Hero of the SU status. Despite the mixup. I'm getting it.

Here are a few pics of Mariya Vasilyevna Oktyabrskaya:
xrzEQUTe19B_Rwli-xMTS9LbNBhgmGTKaXalajkDU2GG2RrM3GXxuNNVta2zhGpz97d7lwzaTkDBAylj3k2s7UXYl6hvQAztJC7qAd4adASYW44VLWvVYMfXJ8hN7g
sUoP2LbgHpOs4SEot9febK3B_AA8ADqpymP6rd6casRiOGC-Behky-RA1grk_ADHF9GMKufT_Cih3_r20jis2JFBvzxbwCNXxijhy7yc1G1DL5CUT5cXFJ9ijTtI9Q
1Vv8VHVXLIr5n09cPKM3a1icGGG6CVNiSqgPYhMvRwgNk9OM6TQL6pUFRcbRBjyB99_tM5I9QdLEHQaqz2fohcENumsqpbSpBA8p8xFfO52y2PaPkmTYJWZkc1p0aQ
43T56PZ2RLEdIQiRtLl7smY6lCwNKyUve_54c7woAT_NsY7yB6Kzc8z_cTXdPhGvmIt8g5MvWTteEHgIuhamdXge7zRh7hxTVeh2oRSjGBhZ49k6iQv9kNc2cW5lmQ
70xSvFODpk-d6Wygsrn6irQ8g_8iE2PzmLSRvR51WuTaOIldloQjvC-XmokiPuprSQvRqhfd9G6_xjwqgZw0nvqJ8fuwthul-1JUe6WdQXFUKnb-tzlWKY95cH6AIg
SOjUoriulRFGHFvuVwlxm0Rw44iGDdH1S3aEVUfR6eDh_eAWK0vrV9t4DrGFui8eyjokTeb0EgewL-l3hvNDScJwDv3LgwJmkPWkHK36xyQSLsDUNwwsCQ-e6BVWTQ

The REAL issue is, which one of the two knew how to play the accordion... :unsure:

:LOL:

Agree with the likeness error...

There's also the problem that, with the Special Edition set, the tank turret pedestal shows the "Боевая подруга" ("Fighting Girlfriend") name on the turret, which was on Oktyabrskaya's tank, along with her name, and the 'Hero of the Soviet Union' honor star on the pedestal.

Still a cool set, and Lt. Aleksandra Samusenko was also KIA fighting the nazis, although not awarded the Hero of the SU status. Despite the mixup. I'm getting it.

The issue made it an easier decision to go for the Regular version.

Just so long as they still include the officer shoulder boards, which will also be applicable to the leather coat since Facepool announced some changes a while back on the BBICN forum:

Thank you all players for your support and opinions. We will make the following adjustments in the bulk of this product:

1. Replace the lower body with breeches
2. Replace the leather collar badge with epaulettes and update the size of the epaulettes

They also confirmed again that the leather parts were genuine leather, and that the accordion had rubber bellows:

The special edition booth uses alloy parts, leather clothing, boots, belts, etc. are made of genuine leather, and the accordion bellows is made of soft rubber with a certain degree of flexibility.

I had a quick chat w/ Facepool on Facebook.

The release date (shipping from manufacturer to distributors/vendors) is approximately April/May so the release date is Q2 2022.

In addition, Facepool is planning for more female figures.

I want that tank copula display base. Hopefully I can get it loose.

In that second pic, is that a badly painted eyeball or did the PERs break?... :wink1:

I want that tank copula display base. Hopefully I can get it loose.

In that second pic, is that a badly painted eyeball or did the PERs break?... :wink1:

I'm glad I only went for the basic smiling version. :lol

With the cupola at least they've painted "Fighting Girlfriend" on the same side as the text on the base, so regardless whether you display it with Samusenko or another figure, you can turn it sideways. The hatch would be open behind the figure too.

The trousers no longer have the reinforcing patches on them, which is accurate to this photo of Samusenko, presumably because they're officer's riding breeches:

Samusenko1.jpeg

Back